Are we crazy?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KI2000
Rookie

Are we crazy?

Post by KI2000 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:55 am

Hello fans!

I was just browsing on ebay looking for Knight Rider items and their current value.
When I saw the price of several items, I was a bit stunned.
Like for example, the Hot Wheels Elite KITT, the Joyride 1/18 KITT, .... It seems that the price is still dropping. Even though some of these items are getting rare. I also saw a Skynet KITT for a ridiculous price.
So, are we crazey spending all those Euros, Dollars or whatever on rare collectibles? I even ordered a Comic Con Hot Wheels exclusive yesterday, and I pre-ordered the 2014 Hot Wheels KITT.
I love collecting these items, as I'm a super fan, but I'm still wondering if we are spending too much money on items that should go up in price in stead of drop.

Thanks for your comments and ideas.

KI2000

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Are we crazy?

Post by andy-kitt » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:10 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if the price of the ERTL KITT falls as people will be selling theirs to fund the purchase of the Hot Wheels Elite version (this is what I did).

My partner thinks i'm crazy spending the money I do on models, but atleast some are investments that will go up in value.

KI2000
Rookie

Post by KI2000 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Thanks for your reply Andy.
I still have my ERTL version. Even though the Hot Wheels may be more detailled, I won't sell my other ones. I just couldn't ...
We are all fans and I guess it's normal for us to spend money on these items somehow.
My dream is a real size KITT but for the moment I don't have the money to buy one. Some day I hope... I keep hoping... Even though everyone would call me insane.
I also hope that the value on some of our items will go up. Not for selling them... But it would be nice.

vespurrs
Rookie

Post by vespurrs » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:53 pm

I haven't checked the price on the Corgi lately but I need to replace mine. Last time I checked it was a bit too expensive for my budget. Here's to hoping that will drop in price, too.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:05 am

I wonder how many models ERTL made of KITT and KARR, how rare they actually are? Thousands? Tens of thousands?
Not long ago they had crazy prices on ebay as the manufacturing was appearantly stopped and they became sort of rare. Now everyone wants the new Hotwheels KITT and there may be lot of used ERTL KITT's available with low price.
Who knows how the price is in the future, perhaps some of them get destroyed rendering them eventually rare but as these are not toys, perhaps not so many get destroyed after all and virtually all manufactured models will exist for a long time.
Perhaps the 80's toycars have big pricetags because the original manufacturing runs were small, they were intended for toys, most of them got destroyed so there's very little of them left in any condition.

I know I will keep my first and modified ERTL KITT and KARR but I'm considering to sell the second ERTL KITT.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:34 am

Yes :D

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:02 am

I spent grand a few weeks ago purchasing the Hoff's Comtron jacket he wore in the pilot. But that's one of the perks of being single.

We are crazy but if it's worth it to you then it just is. It is nobody else's business what you like.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:58 pm

It`s good to be a little crazy, keeps things from becoming too boring. :)

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:47 am

Miami Vice fans may ask the same question :P

AppleMacri1980
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:44 am