WILL HOT WHEELS MAKE AN ELITE 2.0 KITT AND SUPER ELITE KARR?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jinkazama
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

WILL HOT WHEELS MAKE AN ELITE 2.0 KITT AND SUPER ELITE KARR?

Post by jinkazama » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:26 am

I just wanted to ask, does anybody know if hot wheels will release a 2.0 version elite kitt, with the 3 lined voicebox, and a super elite karr to go with the super elite kitt?[I ask, because as great as the standard elite kitt and karr models are, the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on the elite kitt is the season 1 dashboard with the square voicebox, which i've never really been a fan of, and if they make a super elite karr, i don't want to purchase the elite model when it comes out, then realizing there's a super elite version.Cheers. :kitt:

DanielB
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: WILL HOT WHEELS MAKE AN ELITE 2.0 KITT AND SUPER ELITE K

Post by DanielB » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:04 am

How many threads on this do we need?

I sincerely doubt that there will be a different version of KITT. These models will sell, regardless of the voice box. It seems incredible to me that you would let a tiny blob of paint on the dashboard put you off of buying a great model. Instead of focusing on what you don't like, why not consider what is better, like the wheel rims, nose, scanner, t-tops, interior, licence plate, tail light, rear spoiler, the list goes on...

I also doubt they'll make a super elite KARR. There has been no announcement, and you have to consider market appeal. The vast majority of people who buy these models will only want KITT, the star of the show. KARR will appeal to less people than KITT, and a £380 version of KARR would appeal to even less people.

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:15 am

I doubt there will be a 2.0 version of KITT. They may do a standard version with less detail and smaller price like they have with the A-Team van, but that is only a guess as I haven't noticed them do that with the Ghostbusters.

The model is based on the pilot version, so apart from green lights on the throttle pedal, its is correct as the original/pilot version had a plain red square.

Who knows, maybe a season 3/4 KITT will be released in years to come? I suspect they will see how this Elite version sells first.

DanielB
Operative

Post by DanielB » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:21 pm

andy-kitt wrote:I doubt there will be a 2.0 version of KITT. They may do a standard version with less detail and smaller price like they have with the A-Team van, but that is only a guess as I haven't noticed them do that with the Ghostbusters.
They have announced a cheaper version of Ecto1 in their "Heritage" range - it's due this year at some point.