Page 1 of 2

Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:50 am
by Knight Racer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry-woy32nfA&feature=fvst

Just found this on youtube.Reminded of a shorter version of this clip I'd seen a while ago.I also think this is where the thumbs up pic came from for Neil's avatar.

Here's the shorter version along with other celebrities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgxiR6RS1wE

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:30 pm
by taoworm2323
Wow, awesome find Knight Racer!

It's sad however seeing my childhood heroes, spout forms of government propaganda.
:shock:
Marijuana kills 44% of a mothers offspring?! :roll:
Soooo if you do 'drugs' you will have REALLY bad luck and your kids will die in some freak ice cream accident? :|

My god...if it wasn't the 80's.


KITT:"I've got it Micheal. Just tell them 'illegal' drugs are 'bad'.

Michael: "What about LEGAL drugs KITT?"

KITT: "Oh those are fine! Nothing bad comes from a pharmaceutical company or a drug store chains like Walgreens or CVS. You know that Michael."

(turns towards camera)

Michael: "Thats right kids, just say no to 'drugs' while saying yes to other drugs the TV, media and your parents tell you to take because you have the energy levels a normal kid your age should have."

KITT: "Yes, like Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, Metadate, Daytrana) Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin)
Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine (Adderall) Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine, Dextrostat) Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse)

Micheal: " Wait a minute K.I.T.T.,Pemoline , another stimulant drug for kids, was withdrawn from the U.S. market in 2005 after reports of liver failure in children.

KITT:"......" :kitt2:

Micheal:" :?

KITT: "Your thinking too much Micheal. Just tell them drugs are bad, mmmkkaay."

(Turns and points towards camera)

Micheal:" Yes, take it from the trippy, talking Mr. Feeny super car. 'Drugs' are bad, mmmmkkay."

Image

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:30 pm
by BullittKnight
God I miss the 80's

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:20 pm
by nee716
AWESOME FIND!!!

I find it funny that KITT calls him David in the beginning and then Michael towards the end.

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:57 pm
by neps
Of course I've always been a fan of this picture taken on what appears to be the same day this PSA was filmed:

kitt-michael-knight-thumbs-up.jpg
kitt-michael-knight-thumbs-up.jpg (21.67 KiB) Viewed 14642 times

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:36 pm
by Knight Racer
Image

Sorry Matthew,couldn't resist.

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:56 pm
by DLAspider
Taoworm, you sound like someone defending his drug use...
And where'd you get this:
taoworm2323 wrote:
Soooo if you do 'drugs' you will have REALLY bad luck and your kids will die in some freak ice cream accident? :|


Were you "using" when you watched the video then commented on it?

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:44 am
by Michael Pajaro
I think if a talking car tells you not to do drugs, then it's already too late.

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:12 am
by msKEN
DLAspider wrote:Taoworm, you sound like someone defending his drug use...
And where'd you get this:
taoworm2323 wrote:
Soooo if you do 'drugs' you will have REALLY bad luck and your kids will die in some freak ice cream accident? :|


Were you "using" when you watched the video then commented on it?


So what if he is defending drug use? Should not be up to government to regulate what people do or put into their bodies. That's not what government is for. Government exists to protect us from each other. Not sure if you noticed but over the last 30 years its evolved to protect us from ourselves. Its your body, do what the hell you want to it. We as Americans like to be spoon feed bullcrap so we lay back and take it. Everything KITT is saying in that video was anti-drug propaganda bullcrap created by Mrs. Regan herself and was spewed all over 80's programming. Hell I even recall all the Saturday morning cartoons banning together in the 80's to keep kids from killing themselves from smoking a joint. Go TURTLES! "Cowbunga that kid is ripped!" Not one statement in that video holds any water nor is any of it a fact. And the true study on that government test with lab mice showed that a few of the mice were actually shown to have reduced benign tumors. The contracted group of scientists who filed this report shortly lost all of their government funding (They were terminated) after submitting their findings and the report was drastically edited for the public to be nothing but lies. This would be the one and ONLY public aware government test using Marijuana. In fact some of the study subjects that are still alive still receive medical marijuana from the government till this VERY day. The original study and report is available online and the lead person doing these studies has done several interviews, the best being a show called Penn and Teller Bullsh#$t!. The whole thing is just uneducated nonsense and was being used as a way to keep Americans OK with wasting billions of their tax paying dollars on a prohibition that has been failing for 70+ years. Do I promote drug use? No. Do I do drugs? No. But hey if the crack head across the street wants to off himself with drugs so be it, one less person sucking thousands of dollars from an already ridiculous unbalanced budget. My tax paying dollars should not be going to funding to keep a dirty needle out his arm, it should be going to keeping rapist and murderers in jail, not kicking them out to make room for an idiot transporting and selling a weed that has been here since the dawn of man.

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:40 am
by taoworm2323
msKEN wrote:So what if he is defending drug use? Should not be up to government to regulate what people do or put into their bodies. That's not what government is for. Government exists to protect us from each other. Not sure if you noticed but over the last 30 years its evolved to protect us from ourselves. Its your body, do what the hell you want to it. We as Americans like to be spoon feed bullcrap so we lay back and take it. Everything KITT is saying in that video was anti-drug propaganda bullcrap created by Mrs. Regan herself and was spewed all over 80's programming.





Image

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:43 am
by Knight Racer
taoworm2323 wrote:KITT:"I've got it Micheal. Just tell them 'illegal' drugs are 'bad'.

Michael: "What about LEGAL drugs KITT?"

KITT: "Oh those are fine! Nothing bad comes from a pharmaceutical company or a drug store chains like Walgreens or CVS. You know that Michael."

(turns towards camera)

Michael: "Thats right kids, just say no to 'drugs' while saying yes to other drugs the TV, media and your parents tell you to take because you have the energy levels a normal kid your age should have."

KITT: "Yes, like Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, Metadate, Daytrana) Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin)
Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine (Adderall) Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine, Dextrostat) Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse)

Micheal: " Wait a minute K.I.T.T.,Pemoline , another stimulant drug for kids, was withdrawn from the U.S. market in 2005 after reports of liver failure in children.

KITT:"......" :kitt2:


Sounds Like you've been hurt by legal drug use side effects when you were young.Sorry to hear that.

msKEN wrote:Everything KITT is saying in that video was anti-drug propaganda bullcrap created by Mrs. Regan herself and was spewed all over 80's programming.


Wait,so Ms.Reagan hacked into kitt's programming?That sounds like it could be a season 5 episode of knight rider with some secret phoenix council arc going on.

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 pm
by Knight Racer
This ones got every single public service announcement all in 1 and Michael Knight's in it.Brandon Turtikoff who was head of nbc when kr was is also in it too.

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:56 am
by James Sonny Crockett
Thats about area of VICE Department (VICE Must Bust Illegal Drug Sales (Drug Dealers & Illegal drug distributors)

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:52 pm
by DLAspider
I'm not going to go much more into this because people don't come to KRO to hear a drugs are good/drugs are bad discussion. The fact is, though, that jails are full of drug addicts because there's always other crime associated with drug use and trafficking. And saying that it doesn't matter if your neighbor offs himself with drugs is stupid. Many innocent people die because of idiots that drive under the influence of drugs or engage in criminal activity to aquire drugs.

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:14 pm
by Knight Racer
I forgot to include this link in my last post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjWeHhwcAbM

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:20 pm
by msKEN
DLAspider wrote: Many innocent people die because of idiots that drive under the influence of drugs or engage in criminal activity to aquire drugs.


Yeah no kidding and those idiots you speak of primarily die from drunk driving and tobacco. Those two legal drugs ALONE kill more people every year then the illegal ones. I don't even need to touch on pharmaceutical drug overdoses and addictions. At least research the facts then form an opinion of your own. Also for your criminal comment, if the government quit trying to protect us from ourselves and stop arresting people for minor drug related issues, our jails would be a lot less crowded. Only 7% of the DEA's arrest (As of 2005) were kingpin or operations related. That means the other 93% were just the average user who got busted. I could go on and on, and only come back at you with the cold hard facts. And I'm stupid for thinking YOU, I, or ANYONE ELSE for that matter, shouldn't be caring what my neighbor is doing in his own home??! As long as he is not posing a threat to you, me or society, what fraking business is it of yours what he does in the privacy of his own home? I'm sorry, but lets get the sex offenders, the murderers, and scum of the earth like bankers (hehe) behind bars and keep them there, let the kid that got caught smoking pot go home and let his parents deal with him, not kick out a rapist or a child molester to make room for him.

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:48 am
by James Sonny Crockett
Where is the DEA ?

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:55 am
by taoworm2323
James Sonny Crockett wrote:Where is the DEA ?


Oh Turkish Miami Vice fan...what are we going to do with you and your massive blanket picture postings of Miami Vice and your horrible grasp of the English language that contributes 0% to any forum topic? :roll:

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:01 pm
by James Sonny Crockett
taoworm2323 wrote:
James Sonny Crockett wrote:Where is the DEA ?


Oh Turkish Miami Vice fan...what are we going to do with you and your massive blanket picture postings of Miami Vice and your horrible grasp of the English language that contributes 0% to any forum topic? :roll:

What your problem with me pal?
What is that -> ''Turkish Miami Vice Fan''
None your business cross-question
This is a Drug I understand true but Who are you ?
Who are you anyway ? Just tellen me?
Don't talk with me again!
I think you have problem with Turkish peoples and Turkish National Language
What your problem? You fascist?

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:17 pm
by James Sonny Crockett
taoworm2323 wrote:
James Sonny Crockett wrote:Where is the DEA ?


Oh Turkish Miami Vice fan...what are we going to do with you and your massive blanket picture postings of Miami Vice and your horrible grasp of the English language that contributes 0% to any forum topic? :roll:

You are enemy of Turkish people ?
Then,you must be fascist!

You put on your profile
This @&^# idiot Dr.Maniac Graiman's picture

I don't like this #*@hole guy
Cause,he is not real Knight Rider character

He was a fake KR Character!

He was a copy of Devon Miles!

He don't create KITT

This @&^# Mustang Shellby very suck car!

We've seen pal! KR 08 was die :)

But KR Original always live!
It was a Legend..
Trans Am Pontiac
But this @&^# Mustang not real KITT!

My English status according to me very well (cause I learning now)..
But you must be kid or You've problem with Turkish People and other (issue of religion)
Well,Where is that democracy ? Discrimination have your into blood you fascist I know that!

Being a Turk in a crime? Actually you want to say this isn't it ?

I haven't problem with USA,UKE AND EUROPAN FOLKS
I'm not other like Turkish People or thinks himself real Turkish Folk
MY LINE IS ATATURK!
MY REPUBLIC FOUNDER IS MUSTAPHA KEMAL ATATURK! MUSTAFA KEMAL ATATÜRK!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Kemal_Atat%C3%BCrk
He wasn't enemy of Christian Religion AND USA,UKE AND EUROPAN FOLKS!
HE WAS UNIVERSAL! AND I'M GOING TO HIS WAY!

I - H-A-V-E N-O-T A-N-Y- P-R-O-B-L-E-M-S- W-I-T-H- Y-O-U !
BUT YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH ME!

WHY YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ME?
CAUSE I'M TURK ISN'T IT?
I'M NOT ENEMY USA,UKE AND EUROPAN ENEMY
ALSO I'M NOT ENEMY CHRISTIAN!

YEAH I'M MUSLİM BUT I'M NOT ENEMY CHRISTIAN RELIGION DO YOU UNDERSTAND!

DROP IT!



purpose is to vex me,you won!

Get the @&^# you coming from hell!

To Matthew;I'm sorry about that words!
I'm angry now beacause of This guy with mental health problems


Maybe you think ''ALL MUSLİMS ALSO TERRORIST''
THIS IS NOT TRUE&REAL! THIS IS POLITICS RIDICULOUS!

HAVE CLEVAGE!
I'M NOT ARAB!
I'M NOT POLITICIAN!


CREATOR OF ALL EVERYTHING
THE GOD! BELIEVE IT OR NOT!
ALL OF US COMING FROM THE GOD AND ALL OF US COME BACK FROM THE GOD!


WHO HAS DONE WHAT
GIVE ACCOUNT TO GOD!

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:21 pm
by taoworm2323
James Sonny Crockett wrote:
Get the @&^# you coming from hell!

James Sonny Crockett wrote:HAVE CLEVAGE!

James Sonny Crockett wrote:This @&^# idiot Dr.Maniac Graiman's picture
I don't like this #*@hole guy
Cause,he is not real Knight Rider character

James Sonny Crockett wrote:None your business cross-question
This is a Drug I understand true but Who are you ?

James Sonny Crockett wrote:WHO HAS DONE WHAT
GIVE ACCOUNT TO GOD!



Image

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:51 pm
by Michael Pajaro
Woah... not sure what happened here. But James Sonny Crockett, this is just too far over the line. Putting your account on hold for a while. If you have any concerns you can contact me at mike@knightridermovie.com.

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:22 pm
by taoworm2323
msKEN wrote: As long as he is not posing a threat to you, me or society, what fraking business is it of yours what he does in the privacy of his own home?


Image

Image

Image

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:47 pm
by DLAspider
Why hasn't this thread been deleted yet?

Re: Michael Knight and Kitt say don't do drugs! take 2

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 pm
by Knight Racer
Because of the most important public service announcement given to use by our favorite tv show.The only other public service announcement I've ever seen them make was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSj5XfN_-nI