Actual Pursuit Mode

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

EarlyKITT2000
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Actual Pursuit Mode

Post by EarlyKITT2000 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:36 am

Has anyone ever thought of setting up a NOS system in their kitt replica so that when they push the pursuit button the nos tank works.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Actual Pursuit Mode

Post by chrisjones » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:23 am

I think people have probably thought about it, then decided the costs of rebuilding their engine when the whole thing goes BANG is not such a great idea ;-)
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:33 am

You bring up a very interesting point EarlyKITT2000.I once considered the same thing.How much technology would it take to make kitt a reality.We have things today like the nitrous tank,fingerprint scanners,smokescreen,ol slick,some spray that could make the cars exterior strongers,onboard car computers with screens,Someone on this board made something similar to a laswer cutter.It would cost a pretty penny probably cloase to 200k or even more to build a knight2000 but the AI soul of the car would still be missing.

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:10 pm

I was thinking of hooking up the Pursuit light under the voice box so that when you go into passing gear, it would light. I figured I could hook it up so when the choke opens on the secondaries on the carburetor, it would trip the switch for the light. Just something rolling around in my head.

Chris

DarylKnight
Rookie

Post by DarylKnight » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:17 pm

Personally, I always thought it would be cool to hook up a Nitrous tank to a "Turbo Boost" button. Particularly since Turbo used to occasionally give him that burst of speed in Season 1. Either way, both would be an awesome way to use the speed burst. I love the secondaries idea on the carb kicking the Pursuit light on as well. Great stuff!