Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael.Knight1
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Good , hope the story gonna be nice .
PS : Deveo why you don't try to sculpt thighs models using zbrush to look more realistic
Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by msKEN » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:33 pm

why you don't try to sculpt thighs models using zbrush to look more realistic
We're making a videogame, not a CGI movie ;)

We're also not into using pirated software, and we definitely don't have $699 laying around to buy zbrush and no time for training for a piece of software we definitely don't need. :D
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael.Knight1
Operative

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:12 pm

msKEN wrote:
why you don't try to sculpt thighs models using zbrush to look more realistic
We're making a videogame, not a CGI movie ;)

We're also not into using pirated software, and we definitely don't have $699 laying around to buy zbrush and no time for training for a piece of software we definitely don't need. :D
they can get zbrush for trial verion 300 days left and isn't just for CGI Movies , There are many coroporate have used like rockstar games , capcom , ect ... anyways could you try it , thanks and peace :good:
Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:50 am

We're not aiming at super quality here. Don't forget, we're just three people, not a professional team. There are several reasons why I'm not going to use hd software like ZBrush.
First: it's not my thing. I've tried out their free version, and found out that it's more like virtual claying. Very useful for people who are into sculpting, but I'm not.
Second: Blender 3d (what I'm using now for making characters) has a smooth integration with the Unity game engine. No need to convert anything, even complete animations can be put into the game project without endless converting.
Third: Blender gives me the ability to control the amount of detail, so the characters won't be too 'large' for older computers.

In terms of characters, we're expanding the game's cast even further. There are two more new well-known female KR characters on their way, along with some cameos of famous 80s TV and movie people!
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Michael.Knight1
Operative

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:59 am

Deveo wrote:We're not aiming at super quality here. Don't forget, we're just three people, not a professional team. There are several reasons why I'm not going to use hd software like ZBrush.
First: it's not my thing. I've tried out their free version, and found out that it's more like virtual claying. Very useful for people who are into sculpting, but I'm not.
Second: Blender 3d (what I'm using now for making characters) has a smooth integration with the Unity game engine. No need to convert anything, even complete animations can be put into the game project without endless converting.
Third: Blender gives me the ability to control the amount of detail, so the characters won't be too 'large' for older computers.

In terms of characters, we're expanding the game's cast even further. There are two more new well-known female KR characters on their way, along with some cameos of famous 80s TV and movie people!
Mm , anyways character looking well great work on them .

AppleMacri1980
Operative

Post by AppleMacri1980 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:44 pm

well we will see what happens KITT looks real already.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Recent events have been brought my attention, and I would like to state that any "tribute" we had previously mentioned to honor Josh/Taoworm in our fan game has been effectively canceled.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:04 am

Michael.Knight1 wrote:Deveo why you don't try to sculpt thighs models using zbrush to look more realistic
Quick question. When was the last time you saw a game that was totally free that already looked this good?

Oh, how the dream has come along. I still remember the early engines from way back when.

iswaraKITT
Volunteer

Post by iswaraKITT » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:08 pm

i dunno about you guys, but so far i've never seen a post from a Knight Rider fan from Malaysia other than me... or did i miss it? :shock: I dunno... by what jup said, it's true... for me at least... never seen a free game that looks totally cool... other free games that i've downloaded and played are just plain normal... so in my opinion, even though this is will be a free fan-made game, it's got potential...

p/s: currently i'm now watching Knight Rider TV series s1e3... I'm not a person that has a lot of money... hell, finance here in Malaysia is quite bleak actually... for me at least that's true... so I'm not able to buy the DVDs... I just download them... but hey... I'm a fan of Knight Rider... even though I can't afford to buy anything from Knight Passions or Jupiter Electronics, or even afford buying a Trans Am (which costs tons plus shipping)... my own KITT will be unique in its own way... sorry if my p/s is sidetracked...

Knight Rider lives! :kitt:
Mike: KITT, go to Attack Mode... and give me lots of sirens...
KI3T: Will this do, Micheal?
KI3T goes to Attack Mode with police lights on top of him and gets chased by a highway patrol biker

RicardoRibeiro2000
Operative

Post by RicardoRibeiro2000 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:12 am

Hey Ken and Deveo, in your page the progression bar is stuck on 10% and were 6 days, 22 hours and 47 minutes, i think the progression bar is bugged, ya have to do something to it!!!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Thanks for the heads up, it's actually about 91% done right now, I just tend to forget to update some of these things when I get too involved in what I'm doing. We're really pressed for time at the moment with the show coming up next week, Really looking forward to it! D

Thank you all so much for the compliments everyone! We really appreciate your support!

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:14 pm

When was the last time you saw a game that was totally free that already looked this good
Never, perhaps a Paypal option to donate is in order
Some people in the community would happily support independent devs like yourself :good:
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:02 pm

I wish we could with the paypal, unfortunately though that won't clash with NBCU and they would most certainly send us a cease and desist and the project would be shut down. :(

It's sad too, if we could raise just $1,000 we could finish this game a lot sooner then we can at the moment. That would get us the missing pieces I need for my motion capture equipment, and the remaining assets we need to complete the game and have realistic lip sync and a wealth of other new cool additions. All in due time, just a lot of saving for now. When the budget holds us up from moving forward we use that time to work on improving the art and the website. So it's win win lol!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:30 am

What if the cash we send you wasn't for the game but for you to have the right equipment to create free to play games for people? I'm sure your Web hosting the game for downloading will cost you too.

It's sort of like a legal loophole. People sold bootleg DVDs online but didn't charge for the content just for the cds and packaging.

Michael.Knight1
Operative

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:35 pm

man, we don't care about the money , i thinks it goes be cool when we get a boxed dvd not just keep downloading , many people like to collect boxed games and movies too . i thinks if you do that the dvd going to be so much fantasty than ever of your art work we have seen before , anyways it's your choose of the values ( how much ) but i thinks between 100 and 135 it's okay , always good luck and peace

RicardoRibeiro2000
Operative

Post by RicardoRibeiro2000 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Hey Ken and Deveo, in your page the progression bar is stuck again on 91% and were 2 days, ya been forgeting to update ya darn bar of progression. are ya been so buzy lately? GEEZ!!!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Some personal life stuff came up, we'll still have the trailer and website re-launch done on time. No need to worry. ;)

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:46 am

Motion capture equipment? I'm certainly not up on the latest tech. But, it seems like that's mostly unique software that views through a camera. Why, while at the Weird Al concert, I was reflecting on how many cameras I was carrying with all the equipment on my body. Eight of the darn things. They're just so common, now that the micro phone camera is super cheap to make.

RicardoRibeiro2000
Operative

Post by RicardoRibeiro2000 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:46 am

Hey Ken, when do ya post the KR Fan Game Trailer?

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Rendering times are taking longer than I anticipated. I now understand why Pixar needs a rendering farm lol. We've opened the new site to the public, but we haven't announced it yet as its not complete either. We really have some exciting stuff to put up there. We really need an editor, have I mentioned that before? lol We hope to have the trailer done in a few days, a week at the latest. I had some damage to my house from a storm recently so things got a bit messed up for me schedule wise. Since I'm not paid for this gig' I hope you'll understand.

Jup, motion capture has come pretty far, especially in the world of indies. For someone like me all I need are two Xbox 360 Kinects, some software (already have), and some patience to set it up properly. And while that sounds crazy I've actually tested it in it works, and small studios actually utilize this for all their motion capture.
If you're at all interested in it, this is a wonderful website with a great instructional videos and a community of awesome people willing to help you out @ http://ipisoft.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; For us this a huge game changer, because our current home made frame by frame animations just aren't that great, and it costs a lot to freelance motioncapture.

Michael.Knight1
Operative

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Hey Ken , Did the ipisoft motion graphics are created just for animated videos ?? you can't use the rigged skelton to 3ds max for games !

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:20 pm

I don't have a clue what you are talking about. I don't think you do either.

Michael.Knight1
Operative

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:30 pm

what i mean is , as i've been see in the ipisoft videos is that software which called iPi Mocap Studio are for tacking people animations and have been used in many 3d games and movies like " the unleashed game " . is it good for animations .

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:40 pm

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, its being used in a lot of projects in the indie games market. A year ago it couldn't track neck and hand movements. Now it tracks everything including facial expressions which of course only works if you have a second kinect camera.

RicardoRibeiro2000
Operative

Post by RicardoRibeiro2000 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:10 pm

The time is off and ya didn't release damn trailer, are ya playin' with our minds or what? Ya should fulfill the schedule!!! Braking a promise is NOT good, OK!!!