New Hompage

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TurboBoostMan
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

New Hompage

Post by TurboBoostMan » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:37 pm

what do you ppl think about the new homepage layout? i personally dont like it. i think it should include the 2008 knight rider with the 1982 knight rider. wut r ur opinions?
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

Samborghini
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: New Hompage

Post by Samborghini » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:16 pm

I love it, navigation especially for newer Knight Rider fans is a lot easier :)
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:44 pm

Changes like this often take some getting used to, but given how long it's been since the 2008 series finished its network TV run, we decided that it was time to update the homepage to more thoroughly reflect the history of Knight Rider. This meant making KITT the only featured vehicle, since we had already decided that each series would be represented by a thumbnail image. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:21 pm

I liked the other one, but I can see the way Matt explains it. I like the navigation and the thumbnails. Also really liking the gallery! :-)

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:42 pm

I like it a lot! makes perfect sense!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:46 pm

This is much better than the previous one, which I didn't like too much.

The Mustang had been put on too much of a pedestal along with the original.

I know 2008 is considered to be the best attempt at reviving the franchise but it still doesn't have a right to sit with the original.

Not just that but there have been many attempts at reviving KR and it looks good that all those attempts are now listed, although they sit below the original, main KITT, symbolizing that the original is the best!

Perfect!
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:19 pm

I like the new page. It shows the KR universe in a reference type style.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Re: New Homepage

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:38 pm

I know the show has been canceled for a little while now. But this site had everyone excited about KR,08 and it is still the latest version of KR people know about.

(Many younger fans only know the Mustang 3000 as KITT and will be confused to see a 28 year old car on the front page.)

I am bias but I think that's understandable given all the effort and time me and others have put into faithfully recreating the Knight 3000 or anything else from that universe.

In my eyes it is like saying it was on par with TKR or KR2010, whitch it was NOT.

I would be lying if I said I liked it, and I know this is Neil's site to do with what he wish's.

I just wished you guys had noticed this thread before you did it : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:54 pm

Cool. Uses the vehicles from all the KR's except KR 2010. That one seemed like a flop, anyway.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:19 am

I like the new page!!!!!! :good: Only one question --> Who said the Movie Car is going to be a Cam??? :mrgreen: Ha ha!!!
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:54 am

I knew changing the homepage would be something contentious, but I felt it was time. First off, I wanted to have an area where all of the cars got a spot to shine, it's really an easier method of navigation for some people - "pick the car you want to learn about". And secondly, the show isn't coming back, and it's feature spot led to a lot of misguided emails in my box asking when season 2 was starting. It's been off the air for nearly two years, it was time for a refresh.

And yes, I saw the thread tao. I'm not trying to say that the '08 series is on the same level as TKR, that's for you as a fan to judge. But are any of them really on the same level as the original? That's the way I see it.

Besides, you can see that I didn't include KR2010 in there, right? At least give me that!

I don't have any plans to remove the mustang from the interior pages (like this forum) nor remove the badge from the front page. It was the best attempt yet to capture the original, and I don't think it should be forgotten. Specially when people are still interested in continuing the story forward in a fan fiction way.

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:20 pm

I've got to say I hadn't seen the new homepage. I love it! I like to see that admins are constantly improving the site :D
EDIT: I hadn't noticed the camaro, lol
Those streets have more potholes than Devon has neckties. :lol:

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Neil your logic is sound since you put it like that.
I didn't know you got a lot of 'when is season 2 happening' e-mails. That makes sense though now that you mention it.
I just liked it cause it was such a cool animation. (And for other obvious reasons)

Is there anyway you think you can incorporate the old larger Mustang Gif into the opening page of the KR08 page after you click the icon? Like in the header of the HTML or something.
That would be groovy super keen like cause it was awesome. :D

But yeah, you made sense, sorry I was all butt-hurt about it.
(The front-page icons are clean and 2.0 looking and nice, and yes I am happy 2010 wasn't included. ) :lol:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:00 pm

While I understand where Neil is Coming From, I like this New Homepage. New Homepage, Old Hompage...As Long as Knight Rider Online Exists, I'm Happy. :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:17 pm

I think the new homepage design is great because it gives focus to where it all started (with classic KITT) while giving attention to the series' proverbial children. I see it as a franchise family tree - with KR2010 being the outcast. It's Knight Rider yesterday, today, and tomorrow. The navigation is easy to follow and the design is nice and clean.

I think pictures are also great if someone doesn't speak english - they can at least recognize the cars and photos in each section. :good:

=VK=
:dash: