03:02:01...

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

03:02:01...

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:25 am

The Place: http://www.kittlives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Time: 3:02 pm today (PST)
The Event: Final Secret Reveal

On a personal note, there is no easy way to say this so I'll just say it --

I had hoped people would have taken more interest in the hard work I have done to give you, the fans something new with Knight Rider to experience and enjoy. It took a month of planning, design, execution, and a team to make SoS:M2 all function. I want to say a special thank you to Vampire Knight aka "Gustavo" of Knight Registries for his assistance with this complex flash programming for the game.

Thanks to Neil for providing space on his server to host the game and for assistance with domain forwarding.

I am quite disappointed in the sheer lazy thinking, lack of communication, enthusiasm, and or response to my efforts - you've left me no choice but to disclose this hidden location just so you can manage to find it. I wish things would have turned out differently - but you made your choices, and I've made mine.

In response, I've revoked the "contest" accordingly.

This isn't about my ego or pride - this is about faith and you've shaken it. I will never attempt to create a project of this magnitude again. I'm not so much upset as I am disappointed and I want you to understand the gravity of that disappointment. You can blame it on the timing of the holidays, work schedules, puzzle difficulty, or whatever you like but the fact of the matter is - most of you just plain decided not to care. I tried very hard to guide you along best I could but you just wanted the answers handed to you on a silver platter and that wasn't the purpose of the game.

So moving on to the more positive side of things...

To the "agents" who have shown interest and faithfully played along, I thank you considerably and you will rewarded your efforts. I told people to tell me if they were playing the game and only a few responded...so only those few will be rewarded.

Kn1ghtboy
nee716
trav. knight
krrdr2010

PM me your name and address information and I will send you a special gift package when I have things ready to go -free of charge.

Those who choose to follow instruction, choose wisely.

When the clock runs out you will not only see Knight Rider magic, but hear it - and that is my last gift to you, the fans of Knight Rider - regardless of whatever generation of it you prefer.

I promise you, I will exceed your expectations.

End of line man.

=VK=
:dash:

KiTT316
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: 03:02:01...

Post by KiTT316 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:06 pm

:-( I haven't had the time, but I do appreciate your efforts....I know it feels like you wasted your time, but I guess some are busier than others?

-Matt

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:14 pm

Less than two hours to go...

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Nick you are clearly a clever guy, but keep this in mind, we don't all think the same way... Not everyone is 'above average', clever or set out in life to be one of this worlds 'smart thinkers'.

Yes there will always be the lazy ones, the short cutters and no hopers BUT please keep something in mind. No-one had to take the slightest bit of interest in what you decided to do. YOU decided to do it, for the few that took notice and played along be content with that, they were thrilled to be involved and I would take great pleasure from knowing that.

Stop grumbling and focussing on those that didn't take part. I for example didn't take part, not out of being lazy, because its the holidays or any other nasty, evil reason - It just wasn't something I was interested in, the same way that I don't care much for Football (Soccer) or watching Soap Operas. A huge amount of effort goes into creating the World Cup and 'Eastenders' but you don't see their producers sniping on public forums about people not watching or joining in. Its all just a matter of taste, its nothing personal, simply the way we are all different.

If I'm 100 blunt, which yeah I tend to be, I think you went into this with a slightly over stated opinion of how 'important' this game was to us all. Really that was for US to decide, not to be told and the result is your feeling a little upset which I can understand.

Its great that you took time to create something unique, but please don't take such a nasty swipe at the fanbase as a whole when really they did nothing wrong by not taking interest.
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:17 pm

So let me get this right.... the secret is the revealing of the KRF 3 logo!?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:28 pm

Chris, you made your choice not to play - don't make excuses or have the gull to explain to me how I should feel about it. I will not change my position and yes, thanks for ruining the surprise for everyone else who hasn't watched the clip yet - thanks man, real classy.

We're done here.

=VK=

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:31 pm

VK,

That was excellent!!! Genius as usual :-)

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Thanks nee, I've enjoyed your encouragement - it's people like you that made me decide to see the game through to the end.

=VK=

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:29 pm

It's my pleasure VK.

Kn1ghtboy
Rookie

Post by Kn1ghtboy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:29 am

WOW!!

I can say I have enjoyed the game from beginning to end....one man can make a difference!!

I want to give a huge THANKS for making this game most challenging at times. Having great articles, pics, & information that has made me a bigger fan than before. Knowing more has changed my interest in Knight Rider than you can imagine.

I'm excited to see the video and LOVING IT ALL THE WAY!! I can't wait for KR3!! It's gonna be GREAT!! I can't wait to be there!

THANK YOU FOR A GREAT GAME!!

"LAR"

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:10 am

Seriously..... THE big secret was the release of a festival logo!!?!!? Oh my goodness, I'm sorry but this is the single biggest 'look at me' plea ive whitnessed in a long, LONG time.

My confusion was genuine, I honestly thought that this was all building up to the release of a big 'secret' instead it's actually nothing more than a sad attempt to gain yet more attention.

I can't work out why you keep needing to do this... It's a crying shame as you clearly have great artistic skill but hyping up your own work in this magnatude really is beyond comprehension. :-(

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:02 am

You can blame it on the timing of the holidays, work schedules, puzzle difficulty, or whatever you like but the fact of the matter is - most of you just plain decided not to care.
Yeah because this game is SO much more important than the family matters associated with the holidays or other real life issues right.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:54 am

wow....

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:26 pm

chrisjones wrote:Seriously..... THE big secret was the release of a festival logo!!?!!? Oh my goodness, I'm sorry but this is the single biggest 'look at me' plea ive whitnessed in a long, LONG time.

My confusion was genuine, I honestly thought that this was all building up to the release of a big 'secret' instead it's actually nothing more than a sad attempt to gain yet more attention.

I can't work out why you keep needing to do this... It's a crying shame as you clearly have great artistic skill but hyping up your own work in this magnatude really is beyond comprehension. :-(
You did it again? You actually had the sheer arrogance to spoil things A SECOND TIME? Even after using a spoiler tag after I confronted you the first time about it? My god, you've reached a low so far at this point I think our friendship is just done. "A sad attempt to gain more attention"? Really Chris? Can you make videos like this? Can you produce new Knight Rider merchandise for people to collect? Do you go out of your way to help people out people other than yourself in the world of Knight Rider when it's not a job requirement? You did a great job with Knightcon but that was a JOB.

I'm an artist, promotion is what I do - It's how we "starving artists" provide. When we run into this kind of negativity and lack of appreciation for our work - it makes us not want to bother creating any more of it and in that what could have been, what might inspire others, will no longer be.

I read these posts on forums, how people whine about wanting new things with Knight Rider. How they're disappointed the new series was canceled. How they're upset there's no new Knight Rider news coming out. I stepped up to the plate and offered something new with Knight Rider that involved all generations of the property (save for 2010 because I can't stand it). I created original material to tie everything together and to make it a fun and interactive experience - I did this out of the goodness of my heart, not for personal gain. It cost me time and money to put SoS: M2 together - but I did it because no one else WOULD EVEN ATTEMPT IT.

I took a risk and I for the most part got burned for it - lesson learned. This newfound sense of lazy thinking and lack of passion baffles me. I never had to tell anyone a thing with the first Summer of Secrets. They played the game because they wanted to - they waited for each week's challenge with passion and excitement.

We all should be coming together to support Knight Rider in whatever form it takes (at this point) - yet I see this climate of change where people just don't seem to care as much anymore, other than to come out of the woodwork to claim ownership of some facet of the property that we should view as a team effort to present a broad understanding of the series we cherish so much. I've been carrying the torch for Knight Rider for the last seven years in whatever way I can manage it - and I've never had to lie to do it. I've put up with a lot of undeserved critism and crap for my efforts - I've made personal changes, apologies, and adapted to the mistakes I've made and learned from them. I've made truces with enemies for the sake of harmony and peace - for the sake of UNITY.

I have tried to inspire others to continue to stay positive and cheerful about Knight Rider, even if the momentum for it has dimished considerably. I get it now, people just want to move on - well you know it's a sad thing when I reach the point when I no longer wish to care. That day is coming sooner than it should and it's people like you who aid its approach. You my friend, destroy that unity and in doing so - weaken its spirit.

You said it best Chris, "You don't care" - you don't care about what I tried to do nor do you seem to respect it and the irony of that is if you really don't care, you shouldn't be saying a word about it and ruining the experience for others who actually do appreciate what I attemped to do. Yet your scornful nature (as of late) can't help but drop negativity in the mix to express your discontent. I'm justified in my feelings because I earned them - you're just being a bully at this point and I will not stand for it. You kept pushing me to take the gloves off - well now they're off.

It's a crying shame you're filled with so much cynicism and contempt for things that are meant to be positive and fun. You've insulted me for the sake of being "blunt" for the very last time.

Good luck pal, you've accomplished a rare feat these days - you've lost my respect.

=VK=

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Oh boo hoo.,

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:46 pm

you should care chris, like tinkerbell needs you to believe in fairys, you have to believe that theres a 58 year old man driving round LA in a clapped out trans am 30 years later saving the day!

Think happy thaughts

thats the thing!

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:23 pm

You hit the nail on the head with your closing comment.
'it was meant to be positive and fun'
Remind me who it was that started this ever so positive thread!?
Since the 'gloves are off' (not that I use gloves as they are for pussys) I'll have a pop too.

1. You constantly name drop in a vein attempt to gain recognition
2. You go on and on about being Glen Larsons friend and post the most stalkerish remarks about Kat on Facebook
3. You turn up to Knightcon 10, sell a shed load of books then have the nerve to complain about not being a VIP, news flash, YOUR NOT a VIP!
4. You constantly rude to people and stop at nothing to make people feel below you in some way, you want to call ME a bully, no my 'friend' YOU are the bully acting like that.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt for the sake of knightcon and keeping relations good. Your recent swipes at two of the hardest working, honest, giving people I know in Rob and Steve - well that really was lower than low. All because you felt you hadn't been treated as the VIP you felt you were.

Walking around wearing a VIP tag 24/7 does not make one a VIP....

Sorry for the errors, im typing this from my works iPhone so before you take your higher than god attitude towards my spelling and grammar .... Shove it.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:36 pm

chrisjones wrote:You hit the nail on the head with your closing comment.
'it was meant to be positive and fun'
Remind me who it was that started this ever so positive thread!?
Since the 'gloves are off' (not that I use gloves as they are for pussys) I'll have a pop too.

1. You constantly name drop in a vein attempt to gain recognition
2. You go on and on about being Glen Larsons friend and post the most stalkerish remarks about Kat on Facebook
3. You turn up to Knightcon 10, sell a shed load of books then have the nerve to complain about not being a VIP, news flash, YOUR NOT a VIP!
4. You constantly rude to people and stop at nothing to make people feel below you in some way, you want to call ME a bully, no my 'friend' YOU are the bully acting like that.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt for the sake of knightcon and keeping relations good. Your recent swipes at two of the hardest working, honest, giving people I know in Rob and Steve - well that really was lower than low. All because you felt you hadn't been treated as the VIP you felt you were.

Walking around wearing a VIP tag 24/7 does not make one a VIP....

Sorry for the errors, im typing this from my works iPhone so before you take your higher than god attitude towards my spelling and grammar .... Shove it.

- Same tired, desperate, and groundless arguements Chris. I'll let you have the last word because you're not worth getting banned over. You're dead to me from this moment forth - blocked, erased, you name it, you're gone from my "internet" world. I sold you a book at a reduced price too - but I guess that doesn't matter right? Whatever man. We're done.

=VK=

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Yeah the same book you told me 'hey Chris I've held you a book back to one side' which kinda put me on the spot as I had NO cash at all having spent it on other crew buying them food.... Me being me I ran off to find a cash point not wanting to seem rude not buying your book. What do you do when I return? Pull the next book from the pile infront of you and proceed to sign it! How exactly is that holding a book to one side!?

Ouch I'm internet dead, that hurts...... No actually its more like an itch

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:26 pm

The book I set aside for you was DAMAGED and I SHOWED YOU that and gave you a FRESH one, you ungreatful pain in my ass. If you didn't want it, no one forced you to do a damn thing. You chose to buy it and I didn't see you complain then, don't whine about it now. I did you a favor and you have the sheer molevolence to condemn me for it? The only reason and I mean ONLY reason I'm giving a response to this is business - you attack my salesmanship - especially when I did a favor on your behalf, I'll bury you to the depths you choose to sink.

Go ahead Chris, run your mouth some more in this thread. You've effectively managed to destroy the positivtiy it originally contained. Same thing you've done since I've had the displeasure of knowing you since Day 1.

I'm changing the channel now. Consider the "Chris Jones Show", canceled.

On to better things.

=VK=
Last edited by Victor Kros on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by honnziva » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:27 pm

I rarely post, and this is such a huge reason why.

I get it if you're not into something someone does, that's your opinion, and this is the internet man, its an open forum, a public forum, and all that, however. Do yourself a favor Chris, go back and read your posts, as confrontational as Nicks original post may have seemed, It was simply someone expressing his disappointment, and regardless to what other people have thought, or think now, Nick has done quite a bit in this "universe" known as knight rider to keep things new and current for people to look forward to, or participate in.

There is one big thing stateside each year and that's Knight Rider Festival, if you have a poster, Nick had a hand in it, if you have a t shirt, Nick had a hand in it. So you really cannot argue the fact that he has done quite a bit, out of his own pocket, for the enjoyment of others. If you feel like he's grandstanding, or "asking for praise" I could see how it might seem that way, but he has done the work, and time and again he has come through on some great things.

I wish as a community we wouldn't attack people on such a personal level, calling them a "stalker" and such. Regardless of what we feel, we have to have some semblance of respect for each other. You might not like Nick, and you didn't have to buy his book, chances are if you said, Nick I'm all tapped out, he would have given you one.

So I'm not saying you're wrong for your opinion of Nick, or of his work, or of his personality, but what I am saying you are wrong on is how you are handling yourself in the public forum... the things you are calling him out on, you are unfortunately becoming guilty of yourself Chris. We're all better than this...

The Video and Logo look great Nick, it was exciting to have some news.

respect,

Gene
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:33 pm

your right Gene this hobby should be amazing, and it could be very easily new start new year

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Wow, it has really been awhile since I have posted on here. First of all Happy New year to all of the KR universe out there! I just wanted to say that I FULLY agree with Gene here. WE need to all come together to support the awesome world of Knight Rider, especially when one of our very own is so passionately using his talents to give us new and exciting ways to experience it.

As fans of the KR world, we don't really have much these days as far as new material to get interested in. Having somebody like Nick around and others that are gifted and talented enough to create these wonderful games and different forms of media, is a real blessing... And I for one, really appreciate the effort that goes into all of those things. I have the Knight Rider Companion, in fact I was one of the FIRST to pre-order it when Nick first told us about it here on this forum. It is a true treasure to behold and I can tell it took a considerable amount of time to invest in to make such a wealth of info. and the high quality that went into making it. What a book to have for the KR universe, a true work of love for the series!

I love looking at the creative KR videos on youtube, and anything KR I can get my hands on. I, like many of you grew up watching the show, and I want to help make the world of KR live on today by supporting what we DO have and it's ultimately up to us, the fans to make that happen. Remember what Wilton Knight famously said in the pilot epsisode that would eventually turn into a mantra for a lot of us, "One man CAN make a difference", and then later in a video provided by none other than Nick Nugent, Glen Larson stated that "One FAN can make a difference". I truly believe we ALL can make that difference by continuing to support the KR world and our fellow fans...

With that said, I can't wait for the Knight Rider Festival 3 in Vegas! I will be there and it will be my first one to attend live! What a once in a lifetime dream for a fan like me and I hope to finally get to meet many others who share the same passion for a show that was unlike any other! I am looking forward to finding out more about who will be in attendance at this years event, as far as stars of the KR universe. Although my childhood hero was KITT, it would be kool to actually get to meet the Hoff too! Thank you for those that took time to read this post, I know I kinda got sidetracked a little with the KRF 3, but I really meant what I wrote earlier from the heart... Thank you!
Last edited by Matthew on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To break up the wall of text.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:15 pm

OMG what is going on here guys...please we are all KR Fans and my god please...I am so shoked :( Well I tell you guys something.

We all sould not be merried to each other but we are all KR Fans, no madder what way but we share all the wonderful world of Knight Rider and what happens here is very very sad :| Mostly sad is it that we used very unhappy and unpersonal words here. I mean jeah it is only a forum but how fast you say a word and later you think "why did I say this to other people?"

My passed away mother, RIP, sayed once "You always see people twice in your life, you never know when or how you gonna need them again." It is the truth, I mean spoken or written words you never can take back guys. I also think that the past is the past and you should not argue about things from the past. Important is the now !! and nothing else. When I decide to be a fan of KR2010 and want to make my replica I never get of my way and belive me guys, be a fan of this movie is very very hard in the franchise :mrgreen: After I get up with my idea and go to Fans to tell what I plan with my replica and ask for help, people say very nasty things about me, same what I did was when I make my modelcars. You make something very special, because people want new stuf, but when it is done, people be so root and deal with you like you are a crazy idiot. That was the reason why I stop makin my modelwork. Some people out there can not deal with some stuff. I do not know what the problem is, but in the past I saw to mouch with some KR fans and sometimes I can only shake my head about that.

No madder if we like other people or not, important after all is that we have to respect the others, no madder if we like them or not. Never get personal and nasty with others, show some respect, you never know what the future brings. Lots of people here understand what I mean, even when my english is not the best... :mrgreen: :good:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:28 pm

All I'm going to say is this - and this is exactly what the original thread was about and video reveal...

"Onward and upward to Knight Rider Festival III. Thanks for your support of my book, my work, my passions, and most importantly, the event for which the "game" was made. Anyone who has a problem with me or KRFIII is welcome to stay home."

To quote Christopher Reeve - Earth's greatest Superman ever, "Go Forward."

See you in Vegas.

-Nick