David Hasselhoff: Knight Rider will ride again. True?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knight-online
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

David Hasselhoff: Knight Rider will ride again. True?

Post by knight-online » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:48 am

Yesterday I saw David Hasselhoff in the German society news show "Exklusiv" (on "Knight Rider station" RTL) where he claims "Knight Rider will ride again". The german voice also talked about something link "David Hasselhoff is very happy, because he becomes part in an new Knight Rider"...

It it true? Perhaps Glen Larsons movie? Or is it old material (2007, bevor NBC 2008 Knight Rider)? Does somebody know more about this or is it just another dream of a new Knight Rider?

Exklusiv, 03.11.2010:
http://rtl-now.rtl.de/exclusiv.php?film ... son=0&na=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Author of the German book "Das Knight Rider Buch" (licensed by NBC Universal, ISBN 978-3-8370-2220-9)
http://www.das-knight-rider-buch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

German Fansite:
http://www.knight-online.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skav
FLAG Operative

Re: David Hasselhoff: Knight Rider will ride again. True?

Post by Skav » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:20 am

The new KR movie should be out in a couple of years.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:26 am

i wish it were true...
don't know if the Hoff was being serious or just joking around with the paparazzo though.

but at least it was current footage and not old material, so who knows... maybe he IS secretly working on a new Knight Rider :shock:

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:47 pm

I Believe with All My Heart that the Hoff is Right-KNIGHT RIDER WILL RIDE AGAIN :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:02 pm

i agree alot of people disagree that it aint commin back only people who knows is nbc (not kro) and the executives of the show until we actually hear it from an nbc executive ir an exeutive from the show not noone
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:16 pm

I think its going to return just not so soon.Look at the time line.82-82 original kr,1990 kr200 movie which was supposed to be a movie of the week maybe 4-5 a year,knight rider 2010 movie,1997 22 episodes of tkr,2008 2 hour movie that got picked up as a tv show.It's clear you can't kill kitt as many times as they tried in the original series,you always know kitt and Michael Knight are coming back in one form or another.People will try to bring kr back.Next thing we have to look forward to is Glens movie and who knows that might spark an interest for a tv series.

knight-online
Recruit

Post by knight-online » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:45 am

Hi,

today, the German Newspaper Welt am Sonntag published an interview with David Hasselhoff (http://www.welt.de/print/wams/vermischt ... -Hoff.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). He talked about his plans for the future: "I'm going to finish the tour, go back to London to end Britain's Got Talent and then return to America. There will be a new "Knight Rider" movie and I will work on more music".

Greetings from Germany,
Elmar
Author of the German book "Das Knight Rider Buch" (licensed by NBC Universal, ISBN 978-3-8370-2220-9)
http://www.das-knight-rider-buch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

German Fansite:
http://www.knight-online.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:38 pm

ah thanks for the link! i will post it on my site with thanks to you. would it be possible for you to translate it when you have time? i'll just use the google translator for now, but you know those things often don't translate very well.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Let's hope KR movie can revive the franchise again after the disaster of KR 08

God we need james cameron or Michael Bay to direct this thing.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:32 pm

kitt34 wrote:Let's hope KR movie can revive the franchise again after the disaster of KR 08

i agree but it needs to be a dark knight rider like knight of the pheonix
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:28 pm

james olden wrote:
kitt34 wrote:Let's hope KR movie can revive the franchise again after the disaster of KR 08

Or maybe Michael Mann would direct this thing.

We need a quality director and better CGI effects.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:41 am

kitt34 wrote:
james olden wrote:

Or maybe Michael Mann would direct this thing.

We need a quality director and better CGI effects.
yes thats true,it needs to be made for imax also

skikkie94
Recruit

Post by skikkie94 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Perhaps intended The Hoff the Knight Rider 2008 series... Oh, jeezzz, does that mean there comes a second season of the new Knight Rider?!
OMG I hope so, I HOPE SO!
He's the most advanced car ever developed...............
His power is un-matched.............
And in 2008.............
HE'S BACK!!!

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:32 pm

skikkie94 wrote:Perhaps intended The Hoff the Knight Rider 2008 series... Oh, jeezzz, does that mean there comes a second season of the new Knight Rider?!
OMG I hope so, I HOPE SO!
2008 series i doubt it but i hope so. its a long shot but anything possible. i think he was talkin about kr: the motion picture. who knows only the hoff

annericelover
Volunteer

Post by annericelover » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:27 pm

I know that David Hasselhoff was meant to appear in the 2nd Season of both Team Knight Rider AND Knight Rider 2008 as a recurring cast member, but NBC never gave either series a chance. Both had promise, especially the latter series. I think NBC needs to revive the series again, bringing back most of the cast from the 2008 series and starting off a year or so after the last episode, with Michael Knight now in the Devon position(of course we know he's be more active), they can even make a limited series comic that ties the events in between the final 2008 series and the new series. There's a huge outcry now for this series, not just on here, but I think in general.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:09 pm

I've been reading the responses here and there's one observation I would like to say. In my opinion one of the main reasons there is an "outcry" for the return of KR08 is not so much that it was "good" or otherwise "impressive" but because it was the only new thing to come along for Knight Rider as a franchise in quite awhile. For all of its flaws, it was a farcry from the original we loved as children - but it was all we had to believe in now. Love it or hate it, I think many fans chose to try and embrace it just because it was all there was so they figured might as well learn to like it.

I never drank that "kool-aid" as the saying goes. I recognized it for what it was - an abysmal attempt to cash in on selling cars and other merchandise with too much dependency on visual effects and other primetime gimmicks and a serious lack of consistant story direction.

The design of it was lackluster leading to a heavily bloated production cost and the concept was heavily flawed from the start - so much so that it took three attempts to get it "right". However with it absent from the air I do see some things about it that I like more now that I've had time to really digest what it tried to do. I enjoy Justin Bruening, Bruce Davidson, and Deanna Russo trying to make the horrible scripts they had to work with, work into a feasable television show. I think if they had utilized KARR(E) and the original mythology elements better, there might have been more gas in the creative think tank.

I will however forever loathe the "hot rod kitt" design as MJ Knight nicknamed it - and embrace the backdoor pilot "Attack KITT" which I have always loved from a design standpoint even if Harold Belker bawked at the greatness that was Michael Scheffe's iconic tangible design in the original series.

But my point is, If Glen's motion picture was announced and there was a trailer out - I doubt very much people would miss the mustang series anymore as Glen's movie would be the "next big thing" to revive the franchise and perhaps the fandom as a whole. It's like when KR08 was canned, half the fandom's faith in the property went with it. I see people becoming less passionate and less supportive of other avenues to keep the spirit of Knight Rider alive.

But I will say this as I've said before - it is not the fans fault KR08 was deemed a "failure", it's not even entirely GST fault because as bad as his start was he tried to save a sinking ship - it failed because NBC chose not to care and just like a slap in the face, they canned the series without so much as an official cancellation notice. They care about money and greed is their god. I guess in the NBC world, there is no longer room for such things as fandoms or supportive viewers - just ratings, dollars, and corporate "sense".

Outcry you say? I say more of a fad - fans will clearly gravitate to whatever incarnation of Knight Rider comes along next - I have witnessed this first hand, it is our nature to see what happens next. That's why sequels that don't need to be made still draw crowds - our nature to see more, even if we can't stand what is spit out by the corporate machine.

David Hasselhoff wants Knight Rider to continue so he can continue to make his name off it. Let's be honest, no one really cares about "Mitch" as a character - you think Baywatch, you think of slow motion bouncing breasts in skin tight red catsuits. Even David realizes the power Knight Rider has over the generations who view it as more than just a simple tv show - so of course he will say anything to include himself in its continued legacy - whatever form it might take in the future. It's no coincidence that David all of a sudden chose to dust off KITT and bring him back into his promotional events. I'm actually pleased he's embraced that side of him I'll always admire him for - to be our Michael Knight even if he's no longer in his prime.

When all else fails though if you want to know the truth about the progress of the motion picture from a source other than me - read Variety or The Hollywood Reporter. If it's in there, it's happening.

=VK=
:dash: