This is how KITT should look like

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by kitt34 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:35 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZVz8CNSaus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cool.

KevinD
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: This is how KITT should look like

Post by KevinD » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:06 am

I take it you are talking about Glenn Larsons upcoming movie.This car would make a pretty awesome KITT.His scanner was pretty weak looking though.You could tell it waqs a pretty cheap piece.My 2 choices would be either a new CamaroSS or the Mustang GT500 and if you didnt mind a 2-seater the Corvette.Please Glenn...Dont make KITT a import.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:45 am

KevinD wrote:I take it you are talking about Glenn Larsons upcoming movie.This car would make a pretty awesome KITT.His scanner was pretty weak looking though.You could tell it waqs a pretty cheap piece.My 2 choices would be either a new CamaroSS or the Mustang GT500 and if you didnt mind a 2-seater the Corvette.Please Glenn...Dont make KITT a import.

The Camaro would be a great fit.

KevinD
Volunteer

Post by KevinD » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:10 pm

The Camaro is a nice looking car no doubt,but Im not real sure that GM would fully support a Knight Rider movie.I say this because they didnt exactly support the original show when it was on.They didnt even want KITT referred to as a Trans Am on the show.Looking back I think that was a golden oppurtinuty on GM's part to really promote 1 of their products on a major network.I liked the Mustang GT500KR as the new KITT,but Ford didnt want NBC to alter the Mustangs dash too much.Whatever car they use they have to be sure that the car company doesnt mind Glenn and Company altering the appearance to the point that it doesnt resemble a stock car.As a fan I want a American muscle car to portray KITT,but Mr.Larson has to do what is best for the movie.In my opinion KITT's dash has to have that WOW factor that was missing with the Knight 3000.The problem with that is most car manufactures are not going to want their cars altered too much because they want to promote the cars that they are providing.To make a movie like this where the car is the star,then you are going to have to have the support of a car manufacturer.That means providing multible cars,and giving the movie makers free reign to do what they want with the cars,So in essence Glenn's choice on what car he uses might be limited and as fans of the original we might not all be happy with the choice.Having said that I would rather have a Knight Rider movie with a car I might not be thrilled about as apposed to no KR movie at all.Even if I dont like the car thats OK.That just means I can look forward to building my Knight 2000 replica. :karr: :kitt:

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:05 pm

KevinD wrote:The Camaro is a nice looking car no doubt,but Im not real sure that GM would fully support a Knight Rider movie.I say this because they didnt exactly support the original show when it was on.They didnt even want KITT referred to as a Trans Am on the show.Looking back I think that was a golden oppurtinuty on GM's part to really promote 1 of their products on a major network.I liked the Mustang GT500KR as the new KITT,but Ford didnt want NBC to alter the Mustangs dash too much.Whatever car they use they have to be sure that the car company doesnt mind Glenn and Company altering the appearance to the point that it doesnt resemble a stock car.As a fan I want a American muscle car to portray KITT,but Mr.Larson has to do what is best for the movie.In my opinion KITT's dash has to have that WOW factor that was missing with the Knight 3000.The problem with that is most car manufactures are not going to want their cars altered too much because they want to promote the cars that they are providing.To make a movie like this where the car is the star,then you are going to have to have the support of a car manufacturer.That means providing multible cars,and giving the movie makers free reign to do what they want with the cars,So in essence Glenn's choice on what car he uses might be limited and as fans of the original we might not all be happy with the choice.Having said that I would rather have a Knight Rider movie with a car I might not be thrilled about as apposed to no KR movie at all.Even if I dont like the car thats OK.That just means I can look forward to building my Knight 2000 replica. :karr: :kitt:
We need the camaro in the movie.

KevinD
Volunteer

Post by KevinD » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:51 pm

I understand that you like the camaro.I like it also but dont be surprised if they dont use it.In fact they will probably be looking for something a little more sleek.If they are against using a mustang then I doubt they would use a camaro.The camaro is just basically GM's version of the Mustang.The Camaro would be a cool KITT,but lets not rag on Glenn Larson if it isnt his car of choice. :karr: :kitt:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:12 pm

KevinD wrote:I understand that you like the camaro.I like it also but dont be surprised if they dont use it.In fact they will probably be looking for something a little more sleek.If they are against using a mustang then I doubt they would use a camaro.The camaro is just basically GM's version of the Mustang.The Camaro would be a cool KITT,but lets not rag on Glenn Larson if it isnt his car of choice. :karr: :kitt:
"Glen" A. Larson, only one "n" in his name people.

=VK=
:dash:

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:54 pm

For KITT, it's gotta be either the Camaro SS or the Mustang GT500KR. Use the hotrod Attack Mode,
not the dorkeriffic Super Pursuit Mode. They gotta have the HUD, and touch-screen computer.
They should use a modern adaptation of the voice modulator from the 80's show, and have
Kelsey Grammer to voice KITT(I know some ppl here will hate that idea), and have William
Daniels as Wilton Knight.

KevinD
Volunteer

Post by KevinD » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:07 pm

My Bad Victor Kros.I know Glen's name is spelled with 1 n.Its just a force of habit spelling it with 2 n's. :karr: :kitt:

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:02 pm

I wouldn't mind if KITT was a Dodge Challenger with a modified slanted nose and scanner. Personally, even if the Cam is the Chevy's version of the TA, Bumblebee and the Firebreather got their claim on the Cam. The mods of the Cam with the KITT like nose is awesome, but I would like to see Dodge's Version. I expect KITT to be a unique modern looking, but a non-name brand vehicle 4 the movie.Unless KI4T was black, with a hoodscoop, fog lights, and lil additions to make it more TA-Like. (again my opinion) I'd have Kelsey Grammer as Devon, Brandon Routh as Micheal Knight, and Eugene Levy as the voice of KITT.........I believe Glen's movie will make the greatest interpretation of KR which will leave the FANS and newbies amazed!!!!
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

KI4T
Rookie

Post by KI4T » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:19 am

i normally like the Idea, of a Camaro KITT... BUT, if see how KITT is made heren, i have to say, i don't like it...
It looks, for me, much too big...
Just my opinion on the car...
Knight Rider 4 ever!!!!!!!

Sry for my english, im from Germany.

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:06 pm

I do like the Challenger, but I'm not sure it's aerodynamic enough for KITT. I've seen the Camaro,
and it's not too big, so it would work.

Knightmareracer
Stranger

Post by Knightmareracer » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:14 pm

KevinD wrote:The Camaro is a nice looking car no doubt,but Im not real sure that GM would fully support a Knight Rider movie.I say this because they didnt exactly support the original show when it was on.They didnt even want KITT referred to as a Trans Am on the show.Looking back I think that was a golden oppurtinuty on GM's part to really promote 1 of their products on a major network.I liked the Mustang GT500KR as the new KITT,but Ford didnt want NBC to alter the Mustangs dash too much.Whatever car they use they have to be sure that the car company doesnt mind Glenn and Company altering the appearance to the point that it doesnt resemble a stock car.As a fan I want a American muscle car to portray KITT,but Mr.Larson has to do what is best for the movie.In my opinion KITT's dash has to have that WOW factor that was missing with the Knight 3000.The problem with that is most car manufactures are not going to want their cars altered too much because they want to promote the cars that they are providing.To make a movie like this where the car is the star,then you are going to have to have the support of a car manufacturer.That means providing multible cars,and giving the movie makers free reign to do what they want with the cars,So in essence Glenn's choice on what car he uses might be limited and as fans of the original we might not all be happy with the choice.Having said that I would rather have a Knight Rider movie with a car I might not be thrilled about as apposed to no KR movie at all.Even if I dont like the car thats OK.That just means I can look forward to building my Knight 2000 replica. :karr: :kitt:
Actually, no car company will give you the free reign we so desire. There are two things that could happen. Go with the manufacturer that stymies you the least, and provides the most support, or build a purpose built KITT (a la Speed Racer). Use components from say......an old Trans am, and build a car from that. Budgets will constrain, so a manufacturer may provide more financial support. More freedom in the purpose built car is afforded(as well as more CGI).

KevinD
Volunteer

Post by KevinD » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Im sure the moviemakers are looking to have a car manufacturer sponsor the movie.I do agree with you with the fact that said car manufacturer wouldnt want Glen and company doing a ton of customizing to thier product.Lets hope that whichever way they go,they can make a comprise with the moviemakers. :kitt: :karr:

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:47 pm

My thought is that with the tech that's available today, there wouldn't need to be a lot of
customizing work on the cars. They could get two cars, make one the hero car, the other attack mode,
should they do that. They could make the car(s) operate on both manual and remote modes, without
having to get another car. The customizing would be some cosmetic on the outside, and a few
internet tablets inside. As for product placement/sponsorship issues, that's a moot point, as so many
movies and tv shows have done it for years, and it makes money for the automakers.
Think about it, the 77 TA's sat on dealer lots, collecting dust till "Smokey & the Bandit" came out
in theaters; after that they couldn't keep 'em on the lots. Face it, movies and tv are great advertisement
for products.

Knightmareracer
Stranger

Post by Knightmareracer » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm

A manufacturer is fine and dandy, but Glen Larson may want to go another route. Budgets and deals will determine what will, happen, however; I do not want to see another Ford Commercial. Though a cool concept, changing to other cars muddied KITT's identity, and it was just plain wrong. Glen Larson will not steer us toward the iceberg! :good:

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Image This is the 1999 Pontiac GTO Concept.....This beauty strongly resembles the Camaro, but has a uniqueness which looks KITT-Like IMO. I wish there was a way to see it in all Black..........

iKITT
Recruit

Post by iKITT » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:13 pm

Done. An easy PS job if there ever was one. Forgive the slightly sloppy edges. Also, the odd glow around it was already there.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Sweet....now it needs the scanners where hood vents are.......

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:39 am

i know some people don't like the mustang as kitt, but this picture of the new 2011 Mustang Boss is just nice...
just imagine it in black with a scanner just below the hood

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:19 pm

I like kitt as the mustang to.
If the the movie comes out i hope they use the mustang but it needs to be black. 8)
Kaine wrote:i know some people don't like the mustang as kitt, but this picture of the new 2011 Mustang Boss is just nice...
just imagine it in black with a scanner just below the hood

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:20 pm

I think KITT should be "debadged" but otherwise still recognisable as whatever car it is. The original had everything except the Pontiac logos on the hubcaps removed and even then the logos were removed/blacked out.

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:12 am

Yeah the pic of the new Mustang, but really go town on its appearance and jazz the interior up abit more, be abit more creative.

Question though who's going to voice KITT?....

Would you want Val Kilmer back or try and get William Daniels again?.
Michael Knight: "KITT is the worlds greatest automobile"

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:17 am

For the voice, I did like the one who it was going to be. Was it will arnold?

Kilmer is too "smooth and suave".

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Biaised... Time for a nice sleek car. New Jag concept anyone? Tis a pretty little thing...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/ ... 64x318.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;