iKITT iPhone app in App Store

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MKnight1984
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: iKITT iPhone app in App Store

Post by MKnight1984 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:45 pm

Well I liked a lot of things about the new Knight Rider... And the pilot had some interesting stuff too... If you remember in the pilot KI3T had a touch screen with different pictures and graphics... They used to have it on the site after the movie/pilot came out... I would love to have those graphics to play on my laptop and Itouch... And have it be as interactive as possible... I have a bunch of pics with various shots... I wouldn't even begin to know how to do something like that and i'm hopin that someone could...

Thaurin
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Thaurin » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:52 am

I know nothing of the new Knight Rider, but that doesn't sound too complicated if you have all the graphics available. Anyway, an update to iKITT has been submitted to the App Store that fixes some of the issues people had with the app. I feel that this should have been the one that hit the App Store first, but that's hind sight. It just looks and feels a bit better. Hope you like it.

MKnight1984
Rookie

Post by MKnight1984 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:31 am

So my Itouch finally came! I luv ur iKITT app!!! You were right about the gps part but everything else works great... Unfourtubatley the one that I downloaded still didn't have the buttons labeled... Good job on this... :D ...

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:23 am

Wait for about a week and the update with the button labels should be in the store. :)

coondawg45
Volunteer

Post by coondawg45 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:39 pm

Hey Thaurin,
I have an idea bouncing around in my head and I wanted to see what you thought about it. I like how the app starts up with the buttons all lighting up one after another. I was thinking it would be cool if you put the startup sequence sound like in the show when KITT starts. I just think the button sounds with each button lighting up would give it an awesome startup. Maybe 4 or 5 beeps as it starts. I like the scanner sound once it is all up, just a nice touch. Anyways, I hope this makes sense to you. If it doesn't let me know and I'll try to explain it better.... Thanks!

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Well, version 1.1 will be a surprise to you, then. :) I changed the scanner sound with the start-up sound in the new version. Unfortunately, it's the only start-up sound I got (thanks, Bran!) and I'm not sure if it's the best/most authentic one. It was also hard to synchronize the sound with the buttons lighting up, but I think it's okay. At least it sounds a lot more like KITT starting up its engines. Let me know what you think when it hits the store!

bbgraphix
Volunteer

Post by bbgraphix » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:18 pm

Your Welcome Ivo!

Can not wait for the update!!!!!

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:42 pm

Yeah Apple is taking its sweet time approving this update. I guess they're all busy handling the new submissions for the new 3.0 OS and the new iPhnne 3GS. Which is annoying, because I can only update the screenshots once the update is live or they will show up for the wrong version.

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Here's a screenshot of the new KITT graphic by the way.

bbgraphix
Volunteer

Post by bbgraphix » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:43 pm

FINALLY MY APP WAS UPDATED!!!
I LOVE IT BRO!!!!
I HOPE YOU STILL DO A K.A.R.R. VERSION!

MKnight1984
Rookie

Post by MKnight1984 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:08 am

I'm not too pleased withbthe update... Unlike thebesubthe buttons look but the start up sound is terrible and I liked it better when you double tap KITT and he took up the whole screen, the new has a border to it that I don't like... Still you've done one he'll of a job on this... Keep up the good work... Your app puts a smile on my face... Thank you for all of your hard work on this... I for one appreciate it...

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:57 am

Thanks again. :D I've just updated the screenshots in iTunes, too. Finally!!

Yeah, to be honest, I wasn't too sure about the start-up sound either, but the idea from the beginning was to siimulate KITT starting up with the dash lights and everything. Only I didn't have a good sample for that with the first version. If you have any suggetions, I'm all ears. I'd like to improve that one, too.

Getting rid of the swoosh sound on start-up does open me up for adding KITT's scanner. I (and lots of others) still want that.

I for one kind of like the new full-screen KITT. I think it makes it more part of the dash, so it looks more like you have KITT in your car. ;) But I agree that the borders could be smaller and I think I'll fix that. The thing is, the graphics have been redone and this version has a little glow around the voicebox. If it's full-screen you won't see that. But still, I think I rushed it and made the border larger than it has to be. Sorry!

Also, you will have noticed that I've priced it at $1 now. I don't expect to make money of it (you have to reach $250 for one region before they pay you), but I was interested in how far I'd get with that. :) If you're on the American App Store, I can get you a promo code that will get it to you for free if you still don't have it.

Have fun!

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:06 am

Man this is great!!! I have the iKITT v1.0 and I love it. There is no day when I don't talk to KITT ;-) The new graphic is an improvement, looks good.
I wonder if you have plans to add KARR in the future? This would be awesome.
:good:
Last edited by Garthe Knight on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:18 am

Garthe Knight wrote:Man this is great!!! I have the iKITT v1.0 and I love it. There is no day when I don't talk to KITT ;-)
I wonder if you have plans to add KARR in the future? This would be awesome.
:good:
Thanks. :) Earlier in the thread we're talked about adding KARR and we definitely want to do it! It'll be part of a major update, so I can't give you an ETA on it yet.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:40 pm

Thaurin wrote: Thanks. :) Earlier in the thread we're talked about adding KARR and we definitely want to do it! It'll be part of a major update, so I can't give you an ETA on it yet.
Ah okay, guess I missed it. To be honest I was too lazy to read the whole thread :wink:

coondawg45
Volunteer

Post by coondawg45 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:54 pm

Great job on the update. I love the detail and the graphics for the buttons. It looks super cool now. My suggestion with the start up sequence is to make it more simple. Just have five of the button sounds go off as they light up without all of the engine noise and background sounds going on. I think it would be cool to have the five button noises light up and then have the scanner sound once everything is started up. Overall great job! I have one question, did you take the sound off of the gps as the speedometer is going up and down? My phone isn't making the clicking noise anymore. Awesome job again!

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Garthe Knight wrote:Ah okay, guess I missed it. To be honest I was too lazy to read the whole thread :wink:
No problem, I was just referring to it, not telling you to read the whole thread. ;)
coondawg45 wrote:Great job on the update. [...] I have one question, did you take the sound off of the gps as the speedometer is going up and down? My phone isn't making the clicking noise anymore. Awesome job again!
Thanks! And yes, I did take it out for several reasons. It didn't work very well to be honest (but testing time with the speedometer has been minimal, I admit) and I didn't like the sound. I took it off one of KITT's Super Pursuit Mode scenes where he's accellerating like crazy, but it just never sounded right to me. So I thought it better to take it out for now. Did you like it? I could make it a configurable option in the future.

Raycerx96
Stranger

Post by Raycerx96 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:48 am

I just DL'd the app I like it, but I get no sound from it. I have a Iphone 3g if that helps. I have removed it and re installed it but still have no sound.

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:48 am

Raycerx96 wrote:I just DL'd the app I like it, but I get no sound from it. I have a Iphone 3g if that helps. I have removed it and re installed it but still have no sound.
This is the first time I've heard of this problem. iKITT has been tested with iPhone 3G and should work fine. I know this sounds silly, but check the volume and whether the iPhone is set to silent mode. Turn up the volume while a sample is playing, because otherwise a different volume level is affected (this is a known issue). If the problem persists, I will have to look into it further, but it will be difficult if I'm not able to reproduce the bug myself.

souphaboy
Stranger

Post by souphaboy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:17 am

i enjoy the ikitt app very much... i also d/l the phone rider app.. and enjoy that also, when the equalizers responds to every music and voice... it would be nice if you could incorporate the same on the next version on the ikitt..

but the phone rider shuts off the songs playing on ipod mode but turning on the phone rider.. be nice to have both music and equalizer playing at the same time.. i hope you can add this to the next app.. but other then that.. i really like it.. big fan of the original knight rider

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:30 pm

Thanks. :)

I'm not sure if it's even possible to build an equalizer for the music playing in the iPod application. I haven't tried anything with sound recording on the iPhone yet. Many new things have become possible with the 3.0 release of the SDK, but I'm not sure if that's one. I bet we'd be seeing a lot more of that kind of thing if it were possible.

But using the mic for the KITT equalizer is definitely something I'd love to see. Unfortunately, I must admit that I haven't been spending much time coding lately. But it'll get there some day. If everything that's been suggested by everyone gets added, this truly will be the ultimate KITT app. :) I'd love to see that happen.

souphaboy
Stranger

Post by souphaboy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:03 am

yes it will truly be the ultimate Knight Rider app

im sure everyone in their younger years wanted to have their very own talking Kitt in their car.. i did!! still do

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:03 am

Oh, I remember getting a talking robot from my parents when I was a kid. That was my favorite thing in the world for a while. A talking KITT would have been even better. :)

souphaboy
Stranger

Post by souphaboy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:20 am

Thaurin wrote:Oh, I remember getting a talking robot from my parents when I was a kid. That was my favorite thing in the world for a while. A talking KITT would have been even better. :)
have you seen this!!!!!????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc--um-bfD8

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mc--um-bfD8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mc--um-bfD8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thaurin
Recruit

Post by Thaurin » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:53 am

Wow, that one looks pretty good. I couldn't find it in the app store yet. Does this mean stiff competition is coming? Unfortunately, I don't know Spanish. I'll need to release an upgrade soon then. :P

P.S. iKITT suddenly became pretty popular for a few days in Spain. Maybe this has something to do with it!