Ertl 1:18 KITT new release?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Ertl 1:18 KITT new release?

Post by andy-kitt » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:43 pm

Excellent, it looks like ypu cut into the tops is that right? (was distractedby the lady on the bonnet) :lol:

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Nothing new here in Germany, does anybody orderd the Car now or not? Iam waiting on mine 8) Mayby somebody has the new Version home :kitt:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:19 am

The new release has all white/silver foglights. They can rerelease KITT all they want its just the same tool mold with minor tweaks.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Re: Ertl 1:18 KITT new release? - Nasty Stuff

Post by Josch Schulz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:58 am

Hey Guys

That was a bad buy :( There is no new relese coming from ERTL and I bedder should listen to you guys. Today I got my car and it has the normal frontlights. I dont like my car, its so nasty that I can give it away to somebody. I wish I never had sell my car with the orange frontlights. I miss my baby right now very bad. Ive somebody here has a orange frontlights Version one, mayby he can arrange that he can have mine and I get his. That is bad, Its Friday the 13th

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Re: Ertl 1:18 KITT new release? - Nasty Stuff

Post by imranbecks » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:07 am

Josch Schulz wrote:Hey Guys

That was a bad buy :( There is no new relese coming from ERTL and I bedder should listen to you guys. Today I got my car and it has the normal frontlights. I dont like my car, its so nasty that I can give it away to somebody. I wish I never had sell my car with the orange frontlights. I miss my baby right now very bad. Ive somebody here has a orange frontlights Version one, mayby he can arrange that he can have mine and I get his. That is bad, Its Friday the 13th
Normal frontlights? What do you mean?

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:07 am

you prefair the orange foglights better than the silver???..but orginal kitt never had orange foglights!!

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:38 am

I prepar that Model because its easyer to make from that Model a normal KITT and it looks more real in the frontlights, I make my own version now, Universal Studios KITT Season 2, I think its going to be a good Car then :good:

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:32 pm

The best one to get is the silver with black dots, you can then soak them in paint remover and have 3 clear lenses, that is what I have done (the orange ones stain so leave a orange tint which silver ones don't do).

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:31 pm

@Andy-KITT

Can you show me a Picture of that what you do there ? :good:

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:44 pm

Josch Schulz wrote:@Andy-KITT

Can you show me a Picture of that what you do there ? :good:
This shows the base model on the left (before) and how it can look on the right with clear lenses (after).

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:51 pm

Definitely looks better without the black dot. Heres mine >>>

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:04 pm

I still have my orange fog lighted KITT from when it was out years ago. The one I got for my birthday has all white lights without black dots. Hopefully they make a KARR with a proper yellow sensor.

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:41 am

msKEN wrote:Actually the new version that has popped up on ebay looks like a pilot/1st season model. (Unless its some kind of custom job but he was selling 40 of them when the auction started.)

It has a different fictional turbine engine, turn signal covers, fog light grills, and they fixed the rear glass to be correct like the real car instead of that stupid black frame around it. So apparently they released two versions.

Cool!! Looks like they've changed the engine to fit in with what we saw of KI2T's turbo injection in the pilot for the new series! :D :D :D

And KnightRiderKR, does the KARR model not have a yellow scanner? :roll:
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:18 am

No the 1:18 joyride KARR does not have a yellow scanner, they left the scanner red. Sh-t even Aoshima didn't get it right they have KARR's scanner being orange.

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:34 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:No the 1:18 joyride KARR does not have a yellow scanner, they left the scanner red. Sh-t even Aoshima didn't get it right they have KARR's scanner being orange.
Are you talking about a more recent release? My KARR certainly has a yellow scanner. It might not be the perfect shade, but it's certainly not red either.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:21 pm

daroga wrote:
KnightRiderKR wrote:No the 1:18 joyride KARR does not have a yellow scanner, they left the scanner red. Sh-t even Aoshima didn't get it right they have KARR's scanner being orange.
Are you talking about a more recent release? My KARR certainly has a yellow scanner. It might not be the perfect shade, but it's certainly not red either.
I don't know how many releases they did but I know the aoshima karr has an orange scanner, that car you put the sensor in thats sold seperately. Can you provide pics of your KARR?

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:58 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:
daroga wrote:
I don't know how many releases they did but I know the aoshima karr has an orange scanner, that car you put the sensor in thats sold seperately. Can you provide pics of your KARR?
I sure can. Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing. You were saying that the ERTL / Joyride 1:18 KARR doesn't have a yellow scanner?

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:05 am

Yes the Ertl/Joyride KARR does not have a yellow scanner. Maybe if they rerelease KARR they will give him a yellow scanner.

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:43 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:Yes the Ertl/Joyride KARR does not have a yellow scanner. Maybe if they rerelease KARR they will give him a yellow scanner.
So, the thinking is that it's the same scanner as the KITT model or that it's different but not show accurate?

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:50 am

daroga wrote:
KnightRiderKR wrote:Yes the Ertl/Joyride KARR does not have a yellow scanner. Maybe if they rerelease KARR they will give him a yellow scanner.
So, the thinking is that it's the same scanner as the KITT model or that it's different but not show accurate?
It's basically just Kitt painted half silver and they didn't bother to install a yellow scanner. It's basically here is our half assed effort now kiss our asses and give us your money.

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:53 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:
daroga wrote:
It's basically just Kitt painted half silver and they didn't bother to install a yellow scanner. It's basically here is our half assed effort now kiss our asses and give us your money.
Ok, well, that's not true. It's probably more orange than it should be, but it's a different color than KITT's. My KARR's batteries are evidently just about dead and my camera was just making a blurry mess when I tried to take the shots, but rest assured that the scanners were different, if not entirely accurate.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:00 pm

Kitt is accurate, KARR is mostly accurate. KARR's scanner is really yellow and conspicuous. Unless Ertl can do this then it's not accurate.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:31 pm

Here's pic of my ERTL KARR scanner, pic taken right when it arrived:
Didn't like the clear led-look of the scanner when off so I made a yellow "scannerlense" in front of it by painting clear peace of plastic in yellow:
Some angles & lighting conditions make it look quite orange or almost red though:

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:22 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:Kitt is accurate, KARR is mostly accurate. KARR's scanner is really yellow and conspicuous. Unless Ertl can do this then it's not accurate.
Right, I wasn't ever saying that it was screen-accurate. But your claim that KARR's scanner was the same as KITT's in the models just isn't true. As you can see from KITTfan's post above, the scanner (even unmodified) is clearly yellowish as opposed to being pure red.

On that note, KITTfan, I really like what you did to that scanner. I'm tempted to do the same for both my KARR and KITT. Was it a difficult process?

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:35 pm

daroga wrote:
KnightRiderKR wrote:Kitt is accurate, KARR is mostly accurate. KARR's scanner is really yellow and conspicuous. Unless Ertl can do this then it's not accurate.
Right, I wasn't ever saying that it was screen-accurate. But your claim that KARR's scanner was the same as KITT's in the models just isn't true. As you can see from KITTfan's post above, the scanner (even unmodified) is clearly yellowish as opposed to being pure red.

On that note, KITTfan, I really like what you did to that scanner. I'm tempted to do the same for both my KARR and KITT. Was it a difficult process?
I would have gone in and replaced the red LED's with yellow ones, probably easy to do if you know wiring.