ws6air replica updates

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ws6air
Operative

Re: ws6air replica updates

Post by ws6air » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:42 pm

Forgot to post a pic of the pods done....like anyone cares probably....another post by this wacko!!! Hah!! Just ask my wife! One more thing done though!..... Getting closer!

They are done....That's about it for me, now to get back on that Gullwing, and then the dash! Can't wait, getting closer

Marc
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:57 am

Well,I for one enjoy all the pics of kr replicas I can find ws6air.Looks great.Can't wait to see more.

roDa
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by roDa » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:09 pm

It's really awesome! Congratulations and keep on doing it ws6air!
Those streets have more potholes than Devon has neckties. :lol:

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:02 pm

Well, did my test fit after everything was painted / Gullwing and Pods....well , here they are! I know , more pics, but just excited! Got some work still to do on the Vbox, but other than that, starting the dash already! YES!

Thanks for looking, just excited like normal!!

marc

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:21 pm

ws6air wrote:Forgot to post a pic of the pods done....like anyone cares probably....another post by this wacko!!! Hah!! Just ask my wife! One more thing done though!..... Getting closer!

They are done....That's about it for me, now to get back on that Gullwing, and then the dash! Can't wait, getting closer

Marc
what year is the trans am and what type of motor ??
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:16 pm

It's an 88 Formula with an old Martin Turbo engine in it.... Here's a pic

I did a little to the engine bay of it:

AFter doing the engine bay, I made an engine cover just for shows , only to put on after the engines cooled, just for show.....still have not finished, but soon!

Continued to next post:

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:29 pm

This is only if you don't know me , but I've also sculpted two noses, one from a Rob Louisell shell, basically chopped up pretty nicely, was going to sell it, but in process, got banned from another board, blah , blah, blah, and basically it did not sell. Old story, Old, Old, and old...I've tried to bury the hatchet with the other board, but no success. This nose will never be for sell....

Sculpting is a B!t@h.....

I got to start a new nose with Ken from Wraith Innovations, after spending time in Vegas looking at AJ's original car, I took plenty of pictures and plenty of info , me and Ken hooked up and worked together on trying to make a pretty close replica to AJ's original nose. After plenty of Photoshopping and measurements from photoshop and elsewhere., I sculpted yet another one to try to get even closer.... That's AJ's on top of my template from photoshop, yes, I'm crazy!!!!

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:35 pm

yea the trans am sick
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:35 pm

I got to sculpting on Ken's pretty quickly and this one took awhile, while not perfect , I still see stuff wrong, but I'll fix some little minor stuff when I get mine from Ken....I do want to thank Ken for working with me on this and also Andy G for support and for helping look at things. Thanks guys!

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:42 pm

Anyway....For the most part, I've worked my @ss off on this car, almost 4-5 years in....lost count, I also have a band which takes time, but this is my spare time for the most part.... Here's the end result of Ken's nose....Thanks for inquiring....This is not in my beginning, sorry about this...You guys take it easy!

Marc

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:02 am

Seriously dude awsome work!.

The way I look at it, thats another Trans-am saved man.

I love how you have documented the process, great to see the cars journey.

Thanks for taking the time to share these with everyone.

KITT never looked better.
Michael Knight: "KITT is the worlds greatest automobile"

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New KITT
Volunteer

Post by New KITT » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:49 am

Great working ws6air! I think that your replica is gonna look pretty cool!
-New KITT-

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:44 am

Thanks guys, I'm getting there, slowly, but eventually , I'll get there. (ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!) Anyway. I have plenty of photos, I'm a photo Whore if you can't tell, but I really like looking back , going , MAN!, I remember that !! Anyway. Now on to that dash!

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:16 pm

Well, hope you all had a good holiday, still have new years to go! While going through the holidays, I worked on putting the holes in the overlays. These holes are for doing the look of 1st season KITT for the pilot car and a couple of episodes. I've always thought this would be a B!(@h.... well, yes , it was....(at least for me) more of a pain than anything. I'm only talking about this in case some of you want to do this, but instead don't , thinking it might be too hard or just don't feel like doing it. After a bit of looking at it for me, I thought .......If I trace this thing out, like back when I was a kid, I can see where to put the holes and not mess up. I mean , let's face it, who has money just to buy more overlays?! not me..... Anyway, so , if you trace the pattern out, you can see where to put the holes. Then , get a straight edge, and put on the outside of circle to get this. AGain, if you have already done the holes before, you might have a better way, but for me , this was it ....and it worked out great for me. Anyway, just thought I'd share some info.....not many videos out there to show ya all the tricks of this hobby. Anyway. Hope this inspires more to do the holes. I have always liked this look , and people's car's like: Andy G's, B-Thones, and others with them....you all have my thumbs up.....heck of alot of work here. I messed a few up, but hopefully the light show will look good enough to distract.....Jjokin... Darn, I haven't even countersinked yet......Oh boy!!!!

Marc

P.S. Don't look at the blue tape too much.....Just test fitting! I'll get there......(One of these days!!!!)

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:25 pm

Got the Countersinks done FINALLY! Man oh Man, what a long time, not perfect , but these are a pain to do, now on to that dash!

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:18 am

WOW, it's awesome. Where did you get the electronics?

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:11 pm

Those are from Brenon from Lectric Enterprises and the overlays are from Eric. Both are here and there on boards. Thanks also. I'm just about to put this thing together finally..... :P

Marc

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:47 pm

I'll tell ya what Marc, this project is shaping up to be one of the most accurate replicas I've seen in quite some time. Here's to the run to the finish line. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:31 pm

I can't wait for it to be kitt already.In the background we hear Bonnie's faint voice saying "Kitt was the greater then the sum of his parts Michael."

Loving all the pics you're putting up,well at least the parts I know that aren't under the hood.Are you planning on using the original square voicebox pulsating light?I only ask because I noticed the lettering on the stearing wheel letter Knight Two Thousand from the pilot.

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:55 pm

I've thought about that for awhile, but I'm actually going with the 3 bar .... I know, go this far, why not , but I think people are so used to seeing the other. I have seen the blinkie from Brenon. I loved it , but couldn't get used to just having a blinkie light. Billy even offered the Scheffe Vbox instead of the one I'm using, but I am doing the flush look on the Vbox, like Scheffe I personally think, intended it to look, not the raised up look. I know the raised look is definately accurate, but I think that is part of Universal getting impatient and having to have stuff done on time schedules. Anyway. Thanks for you guys comments, I'm actually about done putting the dash together for the first test fit inside the dash/not in the car.(electronics with the overlays, definately taking some time using those old color 5.5 monitors) The dash still has to be painted, but I'm making sure everything fits good before paint. So, anyway. Thanks again guys.

Marc

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Just an opinion, take it or leave it, but I'd suggest you use some loud turbo so that it has the turbine sound and it's more like KITT's sound. I don't know what turbo you are going to use, perhaps you've already bought some loud stuff :D

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Well, I've had a couple of days off, and man, I got some stuff done....Well anyway, here goes. Putting these in takes some time, I found that out.... but here goes, some pics are better than others, but not very good lighting here, it was raining. So here goes.....I am a picture WH@#$ ......do ya think?

I'll take better pics in a bit, there are some weird color stuff going on with gels and such, sometimes they look green sometimes they look blue. I've tried all kinds of gels and also plastics. I'll figure it out one of these days. I had some inquires about the vbox, so I put a pic of it up. Anyway, the next shots will probably be of it in the car. I have to paint it, which will take a bit, alot of stuff to do when using those old tubes, and also around the Vbox too. Anyway. Not my best photos by no mean , but , maybe better ones will come with it in the car.

Talk to you all later
Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:12 pm

Well, I figured since this will be the last test fit and last time they are in the dash until it is in the car, I might as well light it up. I did not light up the PANPs either, but anyway.... I took hopefully some better shots today. Hope this looks a little better .....Thanks for everything Brenon, the icing on the cake. Thanks again....

Thanks again, to the Vendors for the products and time they also put into these projects, I guess I need to get to work on the Vbox, now..... Talk with ya'll later.....Carolina talk

Marc

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:06 am

Wow, it's truely stunning! I love the MPH and RPM indicators, I had never noticed they were lighted. I'm sure it's going to be an excellent replica!
Just wondering... What are the screens showing? And what's supposed to be displayed in the red digital screen to the left of "calibrate"?
Keep the good work :D

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:54 am

Say it with me guys,"Whats all this?Looks like Dath Vaders bathroom." I wonder if Wilton Knight felt this way when he saw the construction of the Knight 2000.