The Best KITT Car

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: The Best KITT Car

Post by LadyV2000 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:11 pm

Stylez wrote:
Lost Knight wrote:
Seeker78 wrote:Call me a broken record

I'm not even going to bother hearing your response because you've proven that it will go nowhere. I'm simply just going to put you on ignore from now on because I can't take it anymore. Hey, I tried, I really did!
You mean you've waited until now to put him on ignore? You've got a lot of patience! lol
lol :lol:

Seriously though; I've been gone here for months and it's like I never left. :?
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:06 pm

seeker78 wrote:
If we were to follow your erroneous perception of my logic, the Dodge Challenger would be a German Muscle car, given that Dodge is a brand of Daimler Chrysler.
Actually Daimler sold it off, it now belongs to an American private equity firm. The Dodge Challenger would be a Canadian Muscle car...certainly not American muscle, according to definition I am using, as Americans do not make it. In the past the Dodge Challenger was an American Muscle car, but since it is now made in Canada I contend that it no longer fits said designation. Still a muscle car. But not true American Muscle since it was not made by American hands.

--Brian
Chrylser is owned by Cerberus Financial....a Canadian company.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:21 pm

My picks (not in any real order):

-the XLR (heck yes, would be AMAZING)
-Acura NSX
-Vanquish (I forget who makes these, pretty sure it's Aston Martin...-shrug-)
-Vantage (maybe that's the AM one...)
-The New Challenger (-melt-)
-Wait for the TA concept car in 2011.
-Maybe if Mitsibuishi(sp?) made a new 3000GT it would look awesome as Kitt. I love that car :P

And whatever car it was that Chrysler made for that movie in the '90's...one of my brothers favorite movies...I think it's like Ghost or something? But a few years ago Chrysler said they'd start making it (I think it's the car they said had 800hp, and then Car and Driver tested it and it had less and less HP each time they tested it o.O)..I don't remember exactly what it looked like, but KITT would be awesome as that car.
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:34 pm

Ah, I totally forgot the best possible car for Kitt. 'Course, they wouldn't be able to actually use this car, but they could make a custom Kitt using it as a base design. That car of course is 1973 AMC Javelin AMX. Yes.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/9837 ... oomrat.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heck, any AMX or Javelin would be amazing as Kitt. FYI, the pictures kinda huge and takes a while to load, let me know if you can't see it and I'll upload it smaller and a different file type. But making a 100% custom Kitt based on a Jav design would be unbeatable :P
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:30 pm

kittxthexcat wrote:My picks (not in any real order):

-the XLR (heck yes, would be AMAZING)
-Acura NSX
-Vanquish (I forget who makes these, pretty sure it's Aston Martin...-shrug-)
-Vantage (maybe that's the AM one...)
-The New Challenger (-melt-)
-Wait for the TA concept car in 2011.
-Maybe if Mitsibuishi(sp?) made a new 3000GT it would look awesome as Kitt. I love that car :P

And whatever car it was that Chrysler made for that movie in the '90's...one of my brothers favorite movies...I think it's like Ghost or something? But a few years ago Chrysler said they'd start making it (I think it's the car they said had 800hp, and then Car and Driver tested it and it had less and less HP each time they tested it o.O)..I don't remember exactly what it looked like, but KITT would be awesome as that car.
There will be no T/A concept in the near future. Both Vanquish and Vantage are Aston Martin.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:11 pm

tamatt27 wrote: Chrylser is owned by Cerberus Financial....a Canadian company.
No, sir.
wikipedia wrote: On May 14, 2007 DaimlerChrysler AG announced the sale of 80.1% of Chrysler Group to American private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management, L.P., although Daimler continues to hold a 19.9% stake. This was when the company took on its current name. The deal was finalized on August 3, 2007.
Cerberus Capital Management, L.P.
299 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10171

If you are a reporter on a deadline please call
Peter Duda at 212.445.8213 or
Hallie Bozzi at 212.445.8276

General Number: 212.891.2100
Media/External Affairs: 212.891.1558 or media@cerberuscapital.com

Unless New York was taken over by the Canadians when I wasn't looking???

--Brian

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:32 pm

LadyV2000 wrote: Seriously though; I've been gone here for months and it's like I never left. :?
Well you need to look at the dates on the posts, I haven't said anything on that subject in quite a while. And that was true when you wrote that, too.

Sometimes I'm gone for like 2 weeks and come back here and see people writing that Brian/seeker78 has supposedly been making 20 posts when I hadn't done any in that time. It's somewhat offensive to be portrayed in such an inaccurate manner.

I'm actually not that active on this board, partially because of the fine line you have to walk on certain topics. Like the FWD thing, people will make ridiculous comments like "fwd cars are never used for racing" and I might not say anything since I am not a car nerd, yet, if I do even the most cursory research, I find it to be patently false. Front wheel drive is, in fact, used for racing. ALL THE TIME. So, if I say nothing, I'm supposedly an idiot, but if I point out the clear fact that I'm right, that there are many front wheel drive sports cars, then I also lose. Hence not as many posts from me as there might otherwise be.

I think many sports compact cars look cool. Excuse me for having that opinion. Others may disagree...but it's just an opinion. This idea that is a "fact" that rear wheel drive is the ONLY configuration that can be used for racing is patently and objectively false. I don't care how many years someone has been working on engines, if they think that rear wheel drive is the only configuration used in racing, they are wrong. They might say IN THEIR OPINION, it is THE BEST (admitting that others, equally experienced and equally credible, disagree), but it is not the only one.

I'm not trying to "force" anything on anyone...since I am in the minority, logic would suggest that it is the opinion of others that is forced upon me, not the other way around.

The idea that sports compacts are "dorky" is obviously an aesthetic judgment and not objectively provable.

--Brian

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:45 pm

tamatt27 wrote: Chrylser is owned by Cerberus Financial....a Canadian company.
also,
Cerberus Capital Management wrote: Cerberus is headquartered in New York City with affiliate and/or advisory offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, London, Baarn, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Osaka and Taipei.
http://www.cerberuscapital.com/about_comp_prof.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to that, they don't even have a major office on Canadian soil, I'm sure they have a minor office there though.

In any case...I maintain that the Dodge Challenger would not be "American Muscle" anymore, as it is not made on American soil by Americans. At one time, yes, the Challenger was in that category.

Currently, Dodge's "American Muscle" car would be the Viper. It is made at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit, Michigan, United States of America.

The Viper is a very beautiful machine in my opinion!! And NOT because of its drivetrain or engine, I'm talking about external appearance. :)

--Brian

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:58 am

Defintely the camaro.

GTAKITT
Rookie

Post by GTAKITT » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:46 am

kitt34 wrote:Defintely the camaro.
Yeah the camaro would be great. I like this pic.

Richard
Recruit

Post by Richard » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Defintely the camaro would be great. I too liked the pic.
At its best, entertainment is going to be a subjective thing that can't win for everyone, while at worst, a particular game just becomes a random symbol for petty tribal behavior.
-John Carmack

Dukeboy320
Rookie

Post by Dukeboy320 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:59 am

Come on people we can't change something thats worked so good for 20 sum years! and besides i wouldn't see it unless the REAL KITT was in it! :karr:
Attachments
1982-pontiac-firebird-trans-am.jpg
1982-pontiac-firebird-trans-am.jpg (45.94 KiB) Viewed 50004 times

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Dukeboy320 wrote:Come on people we can't change something thats worked so good for 20 sum years! and besides i wouldn't see it unless the REAL KITT was in it! :karr:
Come on man.....

We all love the Trans Am but honestly if a KR movie came out with the TA in it , it would be in the same vein as the ridiculas spoof of the DOH.

I love the TA, unfortunately it will never get used in a current movie as the "star" the whole point of the movie is a re-imagining/modern take of the original pilot show Knight Of The Phoenix hence why they need a new futuristic car to capture peoples minds, much like the TA did 27 years ago :good:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:14 am

the new camaro is perfect. but I love the T/A concept. if this goes to production, then this is the perfect car
Image :kitt:

KarlKnightRider
Recruit

Post by KarlKnightRider » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:58 am

MAZDA RX-8!!!

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:02 pm

MAZDA rx8 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: bwaaahahahahahahaah zoooom zoooom zoooom turbo boost kitt bwaahahahahaha lol lol omg lol lol lol im gona cry bwahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha wait i got it A HONDA ACCORD BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHA lmao wowowowow bwaaaahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaahahah your funny

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:01 am

neps wrote:how about this one? :lol:

from http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/gizmodo/full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... p-troopers
Sorry to bump this, I was reading some past posts and never noticed it before. What in gods name is that supposed to be? it looks like the b'stad child of a Dell mouse and the older Batmobile.

Thank god this monstrosity never went into production.

Quoting Arnie in Predator " You are one ugly m.........." :D
Attachments
jonradbrink-nuaero1compress.jpg
jonradbrink-nuaero1compress.jpg (83.49 KiB) Viewed 46145 times

Tom
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Tom » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:45 am

"Pain is temporary, but the pride lasts forever"

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:30 pm

Some one drew this, and it's not a real car...but i think that's exactly what you'd have to do at this point. Make a car from scratch.
Attachments
knightindustries3000cl1.jpg
knightindustries3000cl1.jpg (235.99 KiB) Viewed 41690 times

KI4T
Rookie

Post by KI4T » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:09 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:Some one drew this, and it's not a real car...but i think that's exactly what you'd have to do at this point. Make a car from scratch.
wait, youve said its not a real car, i knew the picture for a while, but look here: viewtopic.php?f=1042&t=15347
its not exactly the same, but its lloking very similar.
Knight Rider 4 ever!!!!!!!

Sry for my english, im from Germany.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:50 pm

KI4T wrote:
WIBoomer1 wrote:Some one drew this, and it's not a real car...but i think that's exactly what you'd have to do at this point. Make a car from scratch.
wait, youve said its not a real car, i knew the picture for a while, but look here: viewtopic.php?f=1042&t=15347
If you look at the artist's signature, underneath the driver's door, it's the same. I just don't know who did the drawing. And I don't know which came first, the Firebird version or the KITT version. (but i'm guessing the Bird came first).

To me it's simple. Get a good chassis, and build that body unto it. Do a custom cockpit, and be done with it.

KI4T
Rookie

Post by KI4T » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:26 am

WIBoomer1 wrote:
KI4T wrote:
If you look at the artist's signature, underneath the driver's door, it's the same. I just don't know who did the drawing. And I don't know which came first, the Firebird version or the KITT version. (but i'm guessing the Bird came first).

To me it's simple. Get a good chassis, and build that body unto it. Do a custom cockpit, and be done with it.
Yeah true, maybe the artist is a knight rider fan and draw both of them?
But i like the car.
I would like to see a pontiac as KITT again, maybe a ford too, but not those "look at me i am a big, fast car and i destroy the environment" cars.
Knight Rider 4 ever!!!!!!!

Sry for my english, im from Germany.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:37 pm

KI4T wrote:I would like to see a pontiac as KITT again, maybe a ford too, but not those "look at me i am a big, fast car and i destroy the environment" cars.
Pontiac is dead, so that's not going to happen. Who knows about Ford, maybe as a GT 40...

rydon1981
Volunteer

Post by rydon1981 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:15 am

Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (137.16 KiB) Viewed 21021 times
I found this online. Its a custom fan design of a Mercedes MClaren SLR made to look like KITT. I think this should be KITT if the movie gets made, it fits the sleek design that the original KITT had (for an 80s car). I'm just not crazy about the wheels. I never liked that style of rims. Here's the link to where I found it:

http://danhateskevs.deviantart.com/art/ ... T-36812358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by rydon1981 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nice face, nice figure, two more legs and you'd look like Trigger.
:kitt:

paulie
Volunteer

Post by paulie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:34 pm

Wow , very nice. I really like that :good: