The Mystery of KARR (My new page)

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

The Mystery of KARR (My new page)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:45 pm

I created a new page tonight at my Fuzzie Dice site to deal with some of the mysteries surrounding KARR that I've been reading about in the forums here. It'd be kinda fun to explore some of the stuff. :)

Right now, I have a sound clip of KARR's first scanner sound from TDR and also 3 pics of KARR's license plate in TDR. Now on the license plate, don't get excited. I didn't fare any better at getting a clear shot than anyone else that tried. But to me, it does seem like his plate says "KNIGHT" and not "KARR". But no way to really tell for sure.

Click here for The Mystery of K.A.R.R.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by imranbecks » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:41 am

From the looks of it, I think the license plate of KARR from TDR neither says KNIGHT nor KARR..hmm...

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:47 am

That was another thing I considered too, looking at the photos. Could be that they had a "regular" license plate that just so happened to have letters that might be slightly similar to "KNIGHT". Since the car that was supposed to have the KNIGHT plates was to be behind KARR and they were using two T/As, they might have had a regularly licensed T/A. Maybe KARR's license plate didn't come around until AFTER TDR (which makes me wonder - HOW did KARR get the other plate and from whom?)

This is the type of stuff I hope to figure out explainations for in the Mystery of KARR page. :)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:54 pm

I really wish Glen Larson or Hasselhoff, script writers, or anyone else involved with filming "Trust Doesn't Rust" will be asked the question of whether or not K.A.R.R. did have a licence plate in this episode and what it said if there was one.

And by this I mean in actuality for filming, not for the story, because obviously they'd probably say he had a plate there for continuity. I wanna know what the hell that plate says on it once and for all!!!!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:02 am

I'm going to come to a conclusion to give myself some closure...to me it looks like yellow rectangles for both the spaces where it would say "California" and where it would say "KARR." There is definately a plate there, but I think the producers weren't sure what it should say so they put a blackout on it and purposely made it difficult to read.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:50 am

Back in the 80s, would they have been able to put a blockout on the plate after filming? Or did they cover the plate on the car with something?

I don't know where to get ahold of these people to ask them though. If anyone ever asks, or finds out the official (but would have to be able to prove it's official word though) please let me know!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:39 pm

It looks like the plate was covered with a rubber cover with a dark smoke tint to it. Those are available to buy, actually my friend has them on his car but not as dark, but they are illegal.