Knight Rider 2 Demo + New Screenshots and Voiceovers!

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

dragonball1957
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by dragonball1957 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:55 pm

well first . I hope u didnt run the setup.exe from the zip file it self because most likly it wont work.

sicne the other files are unreadable..

did u run setup.exe from the extracted folder ?

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:46 pm

yes i did...what am i exactly supposed to run first DB1957??..any help is grately appreciated as i really want to try this game out being an avid KR fan

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:34 pm

Some wierd quirks that maybe are just settings I can change...

Every time you turbo boost over an obstacle, it switches to cinematic mode so you can watch your jump. It was cool the first time, but after that it just takes you out of the game too much. In the Mountain Mission, much of the game's perspective is looking back at the front of KITT which is very odd for a driving game. In the "controls" menu it says F1 & F2 swicth cameras, but that doesn't seem to work in these missions. Any ideas?

I had really bad problems with video/voiceover sync, but it may just be my outdated PC at work. Even at lowest settings, it still has problems.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Jobi Wan Kenobi
Volunteer

Post by Jobi Wan Kenobi » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:40 pm

Oops, when I got an email announcing a new post in this topic, I was playing the Demo. It crashed at the same time the new mail notification showed up? Coincidence? Maybe. Hope Davilex is watching this post, as we are really QA'ing the game for them!!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:10 pm

I was thinking along the same lines.If they are watching the board like last time,and seeing what we think of for the release for the U.S. then I have a few things to note.I want everything in the on screen display to be in the dash.If we can't decorate it then just put it all in as counters and gauges.The map or target that rotates should be in place of the monitor.

The buttons on the side should be in a button pod like season 4 or 2.and a few should be added like a ski mode button,with turbo boost and spm mode.on the other side should be laser,missill, and plasma gun all in a button pod.I want to see the button pods in the dash view and the turbo boost,get ride of the ffects just make him jump with the sounds.

Thats about it I guess.If the voice for kitt is impossible to change thats about it.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:42 pm

I've asked them about the installation problems you are having, so hopefully they will get back with some answers. Works fine for me mind.

Some extra info though... the demo is 80 - 85% finished code. And the finished USA code will be identical to the Euro version - if it gets released of course.

We know this, as they are submitting the finished code to Sony USA for approval very soon. Once we have any info, we will of course post about it.

ILoveGames
Volunteer

THIS IS AWESOME

Post by ILoveGames » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:26 pm

I'm from the US and i gotta say this DEMO is really a BIG improvement and WAY better than the 1st! the mountain mission being chased by missles is INTENSE! I love the camera view u can go and keep evading the missles! whoo.. best moments in where u go against the chopper is very fun, i had a funny moment where the chopper was about to shoot missles dead headed so i had no choice to turn and super boost jump and i ended up doing an 360 degree spin and it MISSED ME! AND MY missle got him! far out! lol... that was sweet.. and i really am disappointed about 1 small thing.. i wish they went ahead and added Multiplayer demo so i can friggin PLAY online! lol.. also 1 more thing... how the heck can u unlock the missions in the demo? didn't it say u can unlock some.. not the ones that comes in demo but i remember reading descriptions saying you can unlock'em and i have already beaten each mission on normal mode and still none unlocked! Woot.. dang disappointed me but overall i rate this 100/100 good graphics and no problems playing this at all! I cannot wait til they release more updates for the demo like online playing and unlocking features until they release the full version and i am definately buying this..now i am begging virtually to see them make an AIRWOLF pc game.. we need one so bad.. there's Dukes of Hazzard out... now this.. come on and make AIRWOLF for god's sake i would love to fly it.. :lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:34 pm

I think I'll pass. I even googled for alternative sites and every one of them requires you register with the site. I have SO many site registrations and passwords that I'll never use again it's sickening, and then there's the resulting spam that just doesn't go away. :(

I wish there was a place to just get the file without all the hassle. If not, then maybe I'll just wait and think about buying the full version. I don't know yet.

ILoveGames
Volunteer

Post by ILoveGames » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:56 pm

Dude go to http://www.filefront.com you don't even HAVE to register lol.. u can just download it right off the bat! trust me.. :wink:

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:08 pm

i wish they went ahead and added Multiplayer demo so i can friggin PLAY online!

There are no online options for this game at all. Sorry.

See the FAQ for more details.

lordvader
Rookie

Post by lordvader » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:22 pm

I have that problem too with the voices. The captions aren't syncronized at all with the voices. Even KITT's voice modulator doesn't match his voice. There seems to be too much time in between each thing they say and the captions are displayed too long. The rest of the audio is syncronized with the graphics and there is no skipping while driving. I don't think I should have a problem with a 2.4GHz computer and 512MB of ram. Anybody else have this problem besides Michael Pajaro and I?
"I have no eggs. Perhaps you could direct me to a chicken." - KARR

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:33 pm

You know, after downloading those voice files that you put up Sith, I think that Kitt is missing something very important. If you listen carefully, there isn’t enough of a mechanical tone to his voice in comparison to the voice for Kitt in KR1. If they added some more mechanical effects to the voiceover for the 100% version, then I think Kitt will sound ok. Garthe’s voice also doesn't sound quiet deep enough to me, although adding some effects to deepen it might make him sound better. Bonnie might not be quiet right, but I think her voice over is better than the one that KR1 had. Devon’s voice also sounds better than he did in KR1 in my opinion, although not by much. At least his accent is British this time. :) Isn’t it funny though that only one voice hasn’t changed for this game? Then again, I always thought the guy that did Michael in KR1 was pretty good, although I still think the guy who did Kitt was as close to perfect as may be humanly possible without William Daniels doing the voiceover.

From Matthew
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:51 pm

ILoveGames wrote:Dude go to http://www.filefront.com you don't even HAVE to register lol.. u can just download it right off the bat! trust me.. :wink:
Thanks! :) I'm downloading it now.

Sith - I should have said this before and I apologize for not saying it sooner or first, but I really DO appreciate your posting the pics and the voice-overs. The pics look great! :) So that's what KARR looks like in the game? Cool!

I was disappointed in the voices but hey, it sounds like (no pun intended ;) ) it'll be a good game. I'll try the demo anyway and see.

I have an idea for a KR game, too...

Wouldn't it be neat to have KITT actually use the name of the user (you type in your name at start of game, and can save your profile)?

And with AI bots and stuff like Ultra Hal Assistant (google for it please as I am lazy tonight to find it :) ) - this program uses computer speach to talk to users and can utilize speach recognition. Now, it's rock if somehow they could get the voice sound near like KITT and then let you even talk via a headset mic, giving commands like "KITT! Turbo Boost!" while trying to steer around the baddies! :) And KITT would reply back "Good Idea, [your-name-here]" and you'd be flying through the air in a split second. :)

I wonder if any gaming company would even attempt a game like this? It'd rock if they could pull it off! :)

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:41 am

I just played the demo and I do not like the voice of KITT in this game.. I preffered the voice of KITT in the first game... Devon sounded weird..

To be honest, the idea of KITT having weapons in this game is just nonsense to me...

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:36 am

Sweet!!

I agree with the Dante voice from TKR.
But the gameplay is awesome. Just the responsiveness of KITT in KR2 makes it worth it.

I think this games kicks ass! But I'm not as nitpicky as some others about complete 100% accuracy.

Also, the music in the mountain mission is awesome!! Reminds me of music from the first season!!

Once again, I thank Davilex for making not one, but TWO KR games!!
krfan1

ILoveGames
Volunteer

Post by ILoveGames » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:05 pm

No online features for PC version then?... only PS2?.. weak... they ruined the fun.. guess it's back to UT2004 and America Army.. ciao..

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:11 pm

I think we can live without the online play on the pc version.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:46 pm

I could of sworn that there was no online play whatsoever, whether it be PS2 or PC. Am I missing something?

From Matthew

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:20 pm

Well I read some where they wer going to make the game simaler to spyhunter where one play controls the driving of the car the other controls the weapons.Nice steal.

I wanted 2 player mode to be online like you choose to be kitt,karr,goliath,any bad guy in game and unlockable cars like kift,the tkr vehicles,juggernaught and other classic kitt conversions like custom kitt.
We can all play in sever rooms like unreal tournament or twisted metal 2.

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:27 pm

that would be awesome but since they are all coated with the MBS it would be a long destruction derby.
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:31 pm

Between the plasma guns,turrets,lasers,missiles and emp disabler,I have a feeling it will be a good destruction derby.Maybe w can use the knight of the phoenix destruction drby.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:36 pm

Speaking of unlockable vehicles, does anyone know how likely it is that we will be able to unlock vehicles from outside of the original Knight Rider series such as KIFT, KRO, Dante, Domino, Beast, Kat and Plato? One would assume that KARR and Goliath will be usable in the event of a two player battle mode option, but I somehow suspect that implementing vehicles such as the six from outside of the original series would be very time consuming, especially considering they would need weapons at the very least, if not voice overs for the vehicles and their drivers as well. Only KIFT would be truly feasible in my mind since we all know that KITT wound up in KIFT's shell with Michael driving him so as to bring Tommy Watts to justice.

From Matthew

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:55 pm

I never could understand how you would divide the screen for more then one person to play a game.If anything this should increase sales to play online on there server.To divide playing room is horrible.One person on a controller one on keyboard or 2 on keyboard.The idea of one person controlling kitts functions and the other actualy playing Michael knight was terrific.It would have worked out better if when you get into kitt player 2 takee over and when out of kitt player 1 takes over.

Is it just me or is everyon lse having a problem with targeting systems.

Also I wanted to see the dash in the vid clips like when kitt scans the missile debris for clues the monitor comes to life with devon on it.

I realy hope the dash has more then just speed like the mbs,and the onscreen target objective rotating in the monitor like the show did in the opening credits of season 3.meters to tell you you are 578 kilometrs from destination.

ILoveGames
Volunteer

Post by ILoveGames » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:59 pm

any idea how to unlock the missions in the demo? has anyone found a source?..i imported kitt's sounds from the original 1st game into the demo second knight rider game and it sounds so good lol.. i think i over sastfied myself now lol.. it works just fine, overwrite the file lol..

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:05 pm

Where can I get the files to overwrite that matches the dialogue? Sith got any clips?