Trust Doesn't Rust

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

midniterider
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Trust Doesn't Rust

Post by midniterider » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:59 pm

Hey, I feel rather embarrassed. It seems that KITT vs KARR (season 3) isn't the debut of KARR like I had hoped. "Trush Doesn't Rust" marks KARR's first appearance in season 1. This was the one I prefer. It's the episode where KARR is accidently re-activated in an abandoned warehouse. :oops:

chrisebourg
Operative

Re: Trust Doesn't Rust

Post by chrisebourg » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:49 pm

midniterider wrote:Hey, I feel rather embarrassed. It seems that KITT vs KARR (season 3) isn't the debut of KARR like I had hoped. "Trush Doesn't Rust" marks KARR's first appearance in season 1. This was the one I prefer. It's the episode where KARR is accidently re-activated in an abandoned warehouse. :oops:
In fact, it is the first episode which K.A.R.R. was featured. However, pretty sucky how the car at the end seems to explode but it comes back in Season 3... How did they rebuild it... hmmm....

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:10 am

chrisebourg wrote:In fact, it is the first episode which K.A.R.R. was featured. However, pretty sucky how the car at the end seems to explode but it comes back in Season 3... How did they rebuild it... hmmm....
The production crew didn't actually drive KARR out over a cliff, they used an old footage from another movie to create that scene. It was a totally different car too, and an ugly one at that. A picture of that car can be seen in another thread on this board.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:34 am

HondaSiR wrote:A picture of that car can be seen in another thread on this board.
Any idea where? I've looked everywhere!
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:48 am

it's from a old horror film called 'the car'. pretty good flick.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 22607&rd=1

that's a die cast version of it that i plan to buy sometime soon.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:02 am

I've seen that at Wal-Mart. Cool!
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

KnightRiderGirl
Rookie

Post by KnightRiderGirl » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:56 pm

I always missed Kitt VS Karr when it was on. It kept on making me really mad! >_<

I've also always missed The Scent of Roses....

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:33 pm

Trust Doesn't Rust is also the second book that came out in the Knight Rider Series. It seems to stick pretty much to the show that aired.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:36 pm

KnightRiderGirl wrote:I always missed Kitt VS Karr when it was on. It kept on making me really mad! >_<

i know the feeling!! never saw scent of roses as a kid, and when bravo started showing it i must've missed it quite a few times (although one time it WAS on on christmas eve which is always far too busy for tv lol!) until i got a chance to finally see it! such a shame i ended up accidentally finding out what happened beforehand tho as i woulda liked to have seen how the producers wanted the show to end originally and keep it as a surprise... but that still didn't stop me from shutting my mate brian up for an hour to watch it before we went out that night lol! :D
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:58 am

HondaSiR wrote:
chrisebourg wrote:In fact, it is the first episode which K.A.R.R. was featured. However, pretty sucky how the car at the end seems to explode but it comes back in Season 3... How did they rebuild it... hmmm....
The production crew didn't actually drive KARR out over a cliff, they used an old footage from another movie to create that scene. It was a totally different car too, and an ugly one at that. A picture of that car can be seen in another thread on this board.
No I didn't think they would have done that... why spend that extra money for nothing.... :P However, the producers should have thought things through before making us believe that K.A.R.R. was gone... evil always comes back as it did in K.I.T.T. vs K.A.R.R.

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:04 am

KnightRiderGirl wrote:I always missed Kitt VS Karr when it was on. It kept on making me really mad! >_<

You know KnightRiderGirl, I felt for Michael in a Scent of Roses - Michael leaving the foundation and marrying Stevie. Damn, if I would have been in Michael's shoes, I would have killed every single one of them who took revenge on poor Stevie. It's one thing to have a mad car, but it's another thing when your new love gets shot at her own wedding. In real life, this would lead everyone on a killing rampage... :x

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:50 pm

chrisebourg wrote:
HondaSiR wrote:
No I didn't think they would have done that... why spend that extra money for nothing.... :P However, the producers should have thought things through before making us believe that K.A.R.R. was gone... evil always comes back as it did in K.I.T.T. vs K.A.R.R.
In my opinion, the producers wanted KARR to be destroyed at the end of Trust Doesn't Rust. But because the fans really enjoyed that episode (hense the immense TV rating), they brought KARR back from the grave in KITT vs. KARR. It really was difficult for the scriptwriters to reintroduce KARR because he exploded upon impact after falling off the cliff.

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:56 pm

Yes that's true, a few episodes into Knight Rider and now you've got 2talking cars... It's enough to improve the listener ratings of the new show....

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:19 am

chrisebourg wrote:It's one thing to have a mad car, but it's another thing when your new love gets shot at her own wedding. In real life, this would lead everyone on a killing rampage... :x
Heh.. *cough* Kill Bill *cough* :wink:

AP

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:40 pm

MrPayner wrote:
chrisebourg wrote:It's one thing to have a mad car, but it's another thing when your new love gets shot at her own wedding. In real life, this would lead everyone on a killing rampage... :x
Heh.. *cough* Kill Bill *cough* :wink:

:) Kill Bill all over again - Right!