KR Novels

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Fantine
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR Novels

Post by Fantine » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:02 pm

I just snagged 3 of the Knight Rider novels on Ebay. :) I'm so happy! This gives me something to look forward to in the mail for this week, lol.

I got (in addition to a couple of A-Team novels and a couple of Miami Vice Novels)

#1 Knight Rider
#2 Trust Doesn't Rust
#3 Hearts of Stone

Has anyone read these before? I hope they're decent...but if not, I didn't pay much, lol.

**edited because of a glaring typo**
Last edited by Fantine on Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:27 pm

They're pretty good. I have the first two and I've read the third (there are also a 4th and 5th out there). They've got a lot of good background info.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:30 pm

haven't read those ones, but i have volume five which is called mirror image and is based on goliath (with some plot points and background info taken from goliath returns). its a very good novelisation and expands on the story in places too. i especially liked the fact that michael had his arm in a cast after the crash instead of just a bloody lip and a dizzy spell or two like he did in the episode, and the fact he has to hide the fact he has a broken arm when he goes undercover. the caprture of garthe was interesting too.
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:24 pm

i have them all except Mirror Image. its a bit of a bitch to track down, even on ebay.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:06 am

I read TDR and it was so good I couldn't put it down until I finished it. :) I'll be looking for others as soon as I find the $$ to get them.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:16 pm

I've always thought the concept of a Miami Vice novel as being kind of funny. By its very design Miami Vice was all about visual and musical presentation. Having it in novel form sort of goes against the very concept of the show.

"The Medium is the Message"
- Marshall McLuhan
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:50 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:I've always thought the concept of a Miami Vice novel as being kind of funny. By its very design Miami Vice was all about visual and musical presentation. Having it in novel form sort of goes against the very concept of the show.

"The Medium is the Message"
- Marshall McLuhan
if you think about it, turbo boosts, skiing and stuff like that shouldn't be all that interesting either, and i have to say that that was the only thing i thought the novel wasn't good at, describing the turbo boost. but the characterisations and developments beyond the script i loved
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:48 pm

Still waiting for my books to come in the mail. I'm not overly patient, lol. :lol:

Oh, and I found Mirror Image on Ebay, in the UK, so that pretty much shoots my chances of purchasing it. But for those who are brave enough/close enough, looks like a nice deal right now!

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:33 am

The books are very worthy of reading. Just, be ready for things you know from the episodes to be...different. I think the novels are the true visions and the episodes lost some of it to the cutting room floor. Ever wanted an explanation to KARR's mysterious explosion? The novel has it. Whereas, the episode removed everything BUT the explosion, itself.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:47 pm

maybe it's more to do with the fact that the novels, coming after the episode, can expand on them and fill them with more detail on something like that without having to worry about any time limits in which to fill everything in.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:03 pm

damn, mirror image is on ebay??!! how did i miss this?

blah! :P
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightman
Operative

Post by knightman » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:12 pm

darn, ive got no money in the credit card :cry:

i did have the first two and mirror image, im not a huge book reader,
prefer tv any day, this is where ebooks would be awsome.......
especially if u have a palm or something like that, u could read it any where...

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:22 pm

i've never understood the need for ebooks. this isn't a personal thing knightman lol, i just think that its easier to read a full book on paper than its online version... my eyes don't get sore lol, and the book is cheaper than an ipod or anything and can always be read anywhere.... even the bath! ;) lol! :D

knightman
Operative

Post by knightman » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:02 am

knightendo i know what u mean, just sometimes u go away
and i dont want to take a whole lot of stuff with me, i usually
take my palm and that has an ebook reader and thouhgt it would be cool
to have the knight rider novels on that

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:48 am

yeh i can see ur point too, but i don't know what it is about them but i have always preferred the book because it IS a book lol, i know that makes no sense. but there's just nothing (to me anyway) to replace actually having the book in your hands, the actual pages you know?

there's also something about having the original copy. same reason i guess why i don't buy pirated music/dvd/games (although buying gamecube pirates is pretty impossible anyway so i'v been told lol, no biggie to me though) i just always prefer to have the original box and all you know?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:51 am

lost 'mirror image' on ebay...and it's the last one i need to get too!! :(

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:09 pm

next time i'm over in england lee, if we decide to try to meet up i can lend you it if you want to read it. i could send it over to you if you like and if we do get the chance to meet up for a while i can get it back off ya... though how hard would it be to pry it back from your fingers? lol. ;) jk.

knightman
Operative

Post by knightman » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:25 am

how many books were actually made for knight rider?

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:57 am

i think it was five, have never heard of any more coming out after mirror image, which is the novelisation of goliath but which also takes script points from goliath returns

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:10 am

lol, thanks phil but i am hoping i should acquire it by that point :P.

*looks on ebay again*.....lol.

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:15 pm

I finally got my books! They are in lovely condition, and I'm enjoying them vastly.

My copy of TDR has some "puffy" KR stickers from the 80's stuck on the inside cover. A cute bonus, in my humble opinion.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:27 pm

Where does "24-Carat Assassin" fit in? Nobody has discussed it yet. Apparently, it's the story of "Mouth of the Snake", with more of Michael and KITT.