I Finally Have Seen KITT in Real Life

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:12 am

Lost Knight wrote:Yes I meant to say other cars as well, Corvettes, 3rd gen Camaros, ect.
Ummm, did the 3rd generation Camaro have pop-up headlights? I remember them having rectangular fixed ones in a 2-piece per side setup, correct me if I'm wrong.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:58 am

knightman wrote:i was lucky enogh to see kitt twice,
once in sydney and once while on holidays in brisbane, queensland australia..
Heh.. I've seen KITT twice as well.. back in 87 I think at a massive Fair in Canberra, i got to sit in him with my bro.. I was 7 at the time and my father has video footage of us too which i'll try to capture... Then I saw him again 10 years ago at "Cars Of The Star's" at Keswick in England.. Unfortuntalely I couldn't take any photos, which was a real shame as it was apparently a genuine car.. I was 13 at that time. :D

Regards
Adam

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:16 am

I'm pretty sure the K.I.T.T. in the Cars Of the Stars museum is one of, if not the last original car used in the series, the Convertible Mode car. I'd really love to know if the original SPM car still exists, who owns it, and where it is. :?

HondaSir- You're right, the 3rd gen Camaros actually don't have pop-up lights. They're actually within the nose rather than the hood. A little oversight by me while trying to think of cars with that feature. :wink:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:11 pm

I got to see the real tv Kitt twice in my life and one of those times I got to sit in it and get my picture taken. I think it was in 83 or 84. They had it talking with Daniel's voice. I was in heaven for a while....I just wish David was there too. woo hooo!!!

Becky

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:16 pm

How do you put pictures in this?

I have finally got them[/img]

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:57 pm

Knight Girl wrote:I got to see the real tv Kitt twice in my life and one of those times I got to sit in it and get my picture taken. I think it was in 83 or 84. They had it talking with Daniel's voice. I was in heaven for a while....I just wish David was there too. woo hooo!!!
Where did you meet KITT? Was it at Universal Studios? Did they have the Knight Rider attraction set up there at 1983 or 1984? Both Imranbecks and me met KITT at Universal in 1987.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:49 pm

jjsocrazy wrote:How do you put pictures in this?

I have finally got them[/img]
Go to http://www.imageshack.us and browse for the pics. Ur pics will then be linked to a url... Copy and paste the link here...

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:10 am

Lost Knight wrote: HondaSir- You're right, the 3rd gen Camaros actually don't have pop-up lights. They're actually within the nose rather than the hood. A little oversight by me while trying to think of cars with that feature. :wink:
A neighbor in one of the buildings up the street from me has a Camaro and it's lights are in the nose. I don't know what year it is. He pretty much stripped it down and painted it flat black. His and my car are the only flat black cars on the block, it seems. :)

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:06 am

No, it was actually here in Houston at one of the major amusement parks.

Becky

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:09 pm

I finally have the pics, enjoy them and give me your responses!

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:24 pm

HE'S GOT THE NEW YORK KNIGHT PLATE, SWEET!

lol, I wish I could get the PA KNIGHT plate, but I'm positive it's taken.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:29 pm

Thanks for sharing the pics. I love seeing Kitt pics and DL pics.

Becky

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:30 pm

I WISH I CAN HAVE THE N.Y. KNIGHT PLATE! :x But he has it! :(
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

finalfadeout
Recruit

Post by finalfadeout » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:20 pm

I posted about this months ago, but I've seen that car before! It was being converted around 2003 at a gas station on hendrickson ave. in Valley Stream (my old neighborhood). The body had no paint on it and hadn't even been repainted yet when I first saw it, and the whole interior had been gutted. The seats and steering wheel seem to have been the last things added, all the body work was done first, as I would imagine, and I'm quite sure the guy doing it worked at the gas station or even ran it. It would be parked outside all day and moved inside at night, but near the end sometimes I would catch the car idling around 6pm and the guy who owns it hanging around the front office before driving off, scanners running and all! It was also quite fun seeing an old Trans AM gradually evolve into K.I.T.T....I passed by there on the way from work every day and I'd always slow down to notice the changes. And, of course, those New York Knight plates! Lost Knight, did you ever see it there? it was there for at least 2-3 months.

[EDIT] I just read your post Lost Knight (forgot to view the 1st page), that car you saw had to be it!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:40 am

Yes it had to be. Now knowing that car was there in my town for so long and not getting the chance to take a closer look is really irritating me! When I saw it, I thought it was just passing through briefly, also it was before the complete conversion. Unfortunately I zipped by it too fast and never got a chance to check the plate but that was most likely the same car. I had a chance to see that car every day, damn it!!! :evil:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: