Knight Rider 2 Game Trailer

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider 2 Game Trailer

Post by neps » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:05 pm

Michael Pajaro checked in again from Knight-Con. Davilex had trailers available there where you could play the Knight Rider game (the first one) as well as view a trailer of the up coming game. To my knowledge this is the first time we've seen some moving game play.

The video is shot on an angle of the video screen to help reduce the glare, but you can get the idea. The audio in the background is from the Truck, and not part of the trailer.

http://www.shadowyflight.com/game/davilex.mov

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:07 pm

All I can say is...

That is one mighty slide on the ice. :D lol

Good work in getting that for us Mike. Much appreciated.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:05 pm

Thanks, Michael and Neil - this was a great demo. I think the music from the truck actually would be a good theme song for the trailer. ;)

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:21 am

Some reason why when i click on the link the page not load up not showing me a white page.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:49 am

Thanks to Davilex, we now have the trailer in full screen with original sound.

Higher Quality 16.85MB

Lesser Quality 2.2MB

Right Click, Save As

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:20 am

Now that was pure awesome guys thanks for those Traliers i like the awesome sound of kitt's laser firing.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:04 pm

Cool Sith! Thanks! :)

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:44 am

:O That looks so fun!!! I really hope it comes out for PS2...

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:08 pm

Is this the original trailors from Michael Pajaros site from months ago or is this a new one giving you more game footage with newer details like the dash,spm mode if it will be available.A drive mode with the convertible top down?Or is it the same old footage from before?The reason why I ask is because right now at 1pm I'm at work with just a bare workstation with no sound no media players.I was lucky to get internet at all with this company.I will be able to view it online at home.I just want to know if its something I have to look forward to all at work.It just doesnt end this day!!!

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:29 pm

It is 30% old footage, 70% new. ;)

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:07 pm

It's what we want heh.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:53 pm

Is there new improvements for the meters?or dashboard?

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:18 pm

I really don't know they haven't really shown that part i bet it will be different or a little better.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:17 pm

That's really cool. Looks action packed. SO October? Anyone knwo how long it will take for them to reformat it for the US?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:19 pm

At a guess... it will be like the first game. 3 months.

So you will see it late January hopefully.

No solid dates yet though.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:23 pm

January?! grrrr
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:28 pm

Well lets hope that Davilex gives us a surprize maybe.

K.I.T.T vs K.A.R.R
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T vs K.A.R.R » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:01 am

Hey cool! Thanks for that. The first game I thought was great, so I hope the second one is too. Certainly looks good from what I've seen so far! I hope we don't have to wait til January though, I've already completed the first game on hard level... :P

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:14 am

Its October 29th for the UK and europe. :)

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:28 am

I saw 1 release date say november 1st.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:47 pm

Watch the trailer again :P

K.I.T.T vs K.A.R.R
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T vs K.A.R.R » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:28 pm

@ 86chvs10...

The text in your sig, Good Day At White Rock?!

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:09 pm

Well i did.But i just don't want to see the game sorta of in 2005.I was maybe hoping in a logic of maybe around christmas time.And about my sig what do you mean?It's just an epsiode it might have been Just My Bill probably.

babifrence
Volunteer

Post by babifrence » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:55 pm

Hiya Peeps,
Sith wrote:Its October 29th for the UK and europe. :)
Thanks very much :), I am currently downloading your really high quality version of the trailer and looking forward to the 2nd game. I hope they read my letter complaining of the bugs and oddities in the game. I dont care if they dont let me work for them as long as the fans are impressed with the fixes and corrections from the predecessor.

PS I signed your petition, im signature 1191 :D.

PEACE OUT !!!

EDIT: I just watched that moving trailer and I am deffinately shelling out for that baby :D. I cant wait to buy it. The graphics dont look challenging though which is ashame. The game engine appears to remain the same. KITT seems to be much shinier..... but its all good. KR2 ALL THE WAY !!!

Kitsune_Baka
Recruit

3 months left? Hmm.. I bet I'm too late to give my input.

Post by Kitsune_Baka » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:02 pm

I watched the trailer for KR2 and all I can say is WOW.

This is definately a step above the first KR game by Davilex. Lasers, Plasma Gun, and Missiles? Sounds like something from the old NES Knight Rider game. Reguardless of whether having weapon combat is true to the show or not I think its going to make the new game ALOT more entertaining. Bumping into enemies to kill them was just irritating and tedious. I really hope that this time around they will address the problems in the first game and work on making this new incarnation more fun to play.

1: KITT's Dash was okay, but there were things I missed.. like what happened to his gray TV monitor that Devon would contact Michael on? If Davilex really wants an accurate idea of what the dashes could look like they ought to go to Knight Registries or Marks Custom Kits and look around as well as do some research about the show. I wouldn't make KITT and KARR's dashes as complicated as they were in the show, but I would like to see the TV monitor.. it just looks so bare without it.

2: Turbo Boost wasn't quite as high as it should be and often at times it was incredibly difficult to control (especially when landing) When KITT jumped in the show his nose would rise up in the air at the start of the jump and he usually landed on his two front tires at the end of it. TB should also catapult you ahead just a bit so you can launch over enemy cars that are in front of you.

3: Manuevering of the vehicle was always very difficult for me and I'm sure it probably was for lots of others. I'd like to see better editing of the brakes, turning radius, and maybe the weight of the vehicle, lord knows we've all landed on our tops from turbo-boosting over landmines. I also end up sliding around and spinning out alot.

4: Speed was also not that great. I always thought a reasonable setting would be 130mph for top Normal Speed and 200mph for the Super Pursuit Mode. This isn't as fast as he was in the show, but its still pretty quick and isn't too hard to control. Not even the best player out there would be able to control KITT if he went 450mph unless the entire track were nothing but straight-stretch and he was just holding the up arrow on his keyboard.

5: Visible Damage would be awesome! Sure KITT can't be harmed by normal walls and vehicles, but what about those which are coated with his Molecular Bonded Shell? Burn marks, scratches, or minor dents from clashing with Goliath or KARR would add realism. KITT should also explode when he falls into canyons or is heavily damaged by an enemy instead of the screen just saying "Mission Failed." Kitt would also short out and spark if he fell into water. I'd also like to see damage on civilian vehicles (or just remove them completely). Its bothersome when you hit a sedan at 120mph and all it does is stop you both and the sedan is unharmed.

6: Breakable Obstacles certainly make the game more fun. Nothing would be more liberating than plowing through a concrete wall, an electric fence, or turbo boosting through the side of a semi trailer just like in the show. Street lamps, telephone poles and trees should snap like twigs when KITT rams through them. KITT's targetting sytem could highlight weakspots in the walls of buildings that he needs to get into.

7: MORE CHEATS! For example; There could be cheats that would unlock secret weapons besides the standard 3 such as grappling hook, flame thrower, oil slick, smoke screen, spike-strip (like the kind cops use in NSF4). Beating the game or inputting a code would allow you to play as KARR or Goliath (without his trailer, as it would be too hard to steer) in the Racing/Combat Mode. Maybe there could also be secret tracks or levels that could be unlocked by finding a hidden Icon in the Mission Mode.

8: Racing Tracks would be slightly different from the Mission tracks, they should be looped and have lots of long straight strectches on which you would be able to push KITT to his limits. Road Obstructions such as missing bridge sections, deep rivers, breakable concrete walls, and maybe lava pits would also make things more interesting. Instant Replay with rotating as well as fly-over camera angles would also be a nice touch. Something alot like Need For Speed 4's replay mode.

And I certainly hope they'll do something about being able to use SPM and Ski Mode at the same time. I thought it was pretty dorky that you could do that in KR1. I'm not sure if the Davilex Team actually watched Knight Rider, but if they're going to make this game they seriously need to. If they can afford to finance a company, buy game editing software and by liscencing rights from Universal Studios then surely they can spare $40 for the Season One Knight Rider collection DVD.

Even if they don't reply to you, its still a bright idea to send Davilex your suggestions and opinions. I doubt it will really hurt anything (unless you're harassing them), besides nobody knows Knight Rider better than its devoted fans. I'm looking forward to the new game, but I'm also hoping Davilex will take their time developing it. The first KR for PC felt very rushed. The longer they take making it just means the better it will be when its finished.
Last edited by Kitsune_Baka on Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.