Knight Nationals - August 28 - 29 - Ohio, US

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by neps » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:34 am

kitt-x, thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello! It's good to see you. I have a video of Patricia in your car which I will try and get up for you tonight. I hope you have a good time here!

ivirscar, I think I saw one of your scanners, if that is you that makes them. Excellent work man, very high quality!

I do also have a couple of video pans of the replicas and of the crowd in attendance, but there are more interesting things to post first. :)

kitt-x
Rookie

Post by kitt-x » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:45 am

Thanks Neil, I would love to download that video.
Also, let me know what weekend works for you for that other project.

-Mike

kitt350
Stranger

Post by kitt350 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:08 pm

This was my first year at the Nationals and I had a blast. It was good to finally meet people from the boards and see their cars. There was a lot of nice cars and a lot of nice people there and I think that is what made it great. If anyone cares to take a look I have most of my pics posted on my site. Still need to get the pics of the speakers that were there on the site but that will have to wait. Here is the link to my site.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/295097/19

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:41 pm

Hey, in some of the shots of the dashboards KITT's voice modulators moving, what's causing that?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

kitt350
Stranger

Post by kitt350 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:45 pm

I think most of them work hooked up to their radio so when sound is going through it it makes the voice box work. At least that is how I have mine set up until I can get some sort of voice activation in my car.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:49 pm

that's what i figured, I used to have a VCR that used to do that (only it looked nothign like KITT, but you know what i mean)
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

kitt-x
Rookie

Post by kitt-x » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:12 pm

I have a voice sound FX unit from Johnny B. in my car. So when my voice box is modulating, it is really "talking" and not just moving by playing a phrase CD.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:37 am

Hey, Neil! I downloaded the video of Paticia arrinving and departing in the replica. How do I get them to work. I downloaded them because I didnt have the patience to wait for it to load on a browser.

KITT-X- Before you added the custom dash you had the digital guages in your car along with a voice modulator, Right? BTW, Did you install the modualator in an a/c vent? Awesome job!

300th POST! :dance: :dance: :dash: :dash4:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

kitt-x
Rookie

Post by kitt-x » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:36 am

Yes, that is correct! I had MCK stock digital replacement gauges. I also had MCK voice box that I integrated into the center AC vents.

I have since sold the gauges and installed the voice box in my friends Trans Am.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:58 am

TurbomanKnight: You just need to open them in the latest version of Apple's Quicktime Player which you can download for free at http://www.apple.com/quicktime

kitt-x: For some reason, that car sounds very familiar, I think I remember that as well.

As promised, here is the video of Patricia checking out the KITTs and KARRs (and SKAR ;)). It's about 2:45 minutes long. She was actually checking out KITTX for longer, but my battery was dying and I wanted to be sure to capture her driving KITT away.

http://68.167.19.178/nationals/kittx_patricia.mov

kitt-x
Rookie

Post by kitt-x » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:55 am

Cool thanks Neps. The video came great. I appreciate you sharing that. I was totally cameraless when Scott asked me to light everything up for Patricia. Thankfully there were many others there with equipment to capture the "magical" moment.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:28 pm

kitt-x wrote:Yes, that is correct! I had MCK stock digital replacement gauges. I also had MCK voice box that I integrated into the center AC vents.

I have since sold the gauges and installed the voice box in my friends Trans Am.
How much did you pay for the replacment gauges? And is it possible to hook up the "AUTO CRUISE" light to your factory cruise switch? Sweet car man. Thats what I plan to do to my future 3rd gen. But the exterior is going to be a KARR conversion.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

kitt-x
Rookie

Post by kitt-x » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:56 pm

The gauges Mark sells are $1500. Yes, you can hook up the signal from the cruise control to the auto cruise light. You can also hook up the pursuit mode to a switch or cool air induction solenoid if your car has that function.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:02 pm

I was thinking of a way to hook up the "PURSUIT" light to the speedometer so when you hit 70+MPH it would go into pursuit.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

K.I.A.N
Rookie

Post by K.I.A.N » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:29 pm

Would I have loved to go be there would be no way for to get there.
Fan Of The New Knight Rider!

ivirscar
Recruit

Post by ivirscar » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:23 pm

neps wrote:....ivirscar, I think I saw one of your scanners, if that is you that makes them. Excellent work man, very high quality!...
:D Thank You Neps! Many new and EXCITING things are happening to the Knight-f2k4 Scanner Unit... 4 function remote control! An improved sweep of the scan in KITT mode, Built in Sound Effects from the Show just to name a couple!

My Goal:
#1 Total Customer Satisfaction
#2 Have EVERY Replica in attendance equipped with the Knight-f2k4 Scanner

Thank You to EVERYONE whom has purchased or showed interest in my work, without whom there would be NO INSPIRATION! :wink:

Brenon
Lectric Enterprises - Anticipating another great year in 2010! http://www.knight-f2k4.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:42 pm

Hey, Brenon! Great to see you again. :) Glad to hear you've been putting in new features. I remember last we talked about the possibility of using the scanner also as turn signal flashers (for those with amber lenses) and hazard lights, etc. Then I took my site down and it's now back up again as a car community in the works. Feel free to re-link me. :) Only I think the category has changed since I was listed last. I haven't been listing it yet as the site is still under development.

I started working late summer so that's why I haven't done too much with the site outside of restructuring the site. I have been keeping up with car updates and soon will have more after my car gets welded. I have one person's profile to add to the Cars & Driver's section as well.

I do have you linked in my site though, in the Body Shop area in the Graphics and Lighting category. :) From what I've seen of your scanner movies, they ROCK!

I was wondering though - can I get those in Plain White? I'm planning to get a hood scoop with blackout and put a scanner in a modified hood scoop in a way that will allow easy maintenance. I also would like to eventually have the scanner controllable by a PC-based Linux-powered on-board computer that has an AI that will use the scanner as a "mood indicator" and even do things like fix the light beem in the direction of a person as if "looking" at them, go slow when he's worried/upset, fast when he's anxious/mad, etc. :) Do you think your system would eventaully be able to handle such an interface? Just more ideas for the future. :) I would think it would be nice to hook it up either via PC card as the controller and then plug a long enough cable (for those that may house the computer in the trunk) to the scanner on the front of the car.

You're about the only one that I know of that is making a programmable scanner system as advanced as you have. This is why I am asking about this. Seems you'd have the technical know-how. :)

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:52 am

If anyone can Brenon can!

Wish I could have been at the Nats. Maybe if they ever get Rebeca Holden out there some year I'll put a kidney up on eBay or something to cover the flight out and back.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:56 pm

:lol: Don't sell yourself short. ;) Hopefully you'll have the funds to get there without it costing an arm and a leg, or anything else for that matter. :)

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:52 pm

I would trade my soul for a chance at the Nats. :lol:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers