Did KITT ever laugh?

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Did KITT ever laugh?

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:21 pm

I guess this would probably get me the "dumbest question ever asked on this forum" award, but I just was curious since it's been a long long time since I watched KR and have forgotten some stuff...

Was there a time when KITT had actually laughed? Not KARR as I think there was a time KARR had laughed, not sure. But what about KITT? And what got him to laugh, if he ever did?

As far as I can remember, the most KITT had ever did when he found something amusing was simply say it was amusing to him.

K.I.A.N
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by K.I.A.N » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:39 pm

I can't remeber him laughing but when I was watching boy meets world when william daniels laughed I was thinking oh my god did he just laugh. thats about as close is I ever got to KITT laughing.
Fan Of The New Knight Rider!

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:58 am

He never did laugh in knight rider that I know of.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:34 am

I recall a scene where Michael makes some sort of sarcastic comment, and KITT replies with a sort of half-laugh "Michael..." It wasn't really a laugh, more of a "humorous inflection". I can't quite pin it down though, I'll think about it. Anyone else remember it?
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

oppenca2
Operative

that is so funny!

Post by oppenca2 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:20 pm

this is a good topic! its so funny, it really has me thinking. I know what you mean about the "humerous inflection" I can hear that... I wonder if anyone else knows of an episode where laughing occured. I know KITT tried singing once...

GetKittBack
Rookie

Post by GetKittBack » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:24 pm

yes he did do u rember when he laughed and sung in the season opener(i think) and they had fount out wilton had change his programing to be more like a human?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: that is so funny!

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:49 pm

oppenca2 wrote:this is a good topic! its so funny, it really has me thinking. I know what you mean about the "humerous inflection" I can hear that... I wonder if anyone else knows of an episode where laughing occured. I know KITT tried singing once...
He sang :shock: Darn, I don't remember that one. :( When was it? I remember on Nick & Jessica they had KITT say he never sang on the show but in another topic I think in this forum someone had mentioned he did. I wish I could have remembered when.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:50 pm

He laughed in which season opener? What did he laugh about exactly?

I'm just too curious. :)

GetKittBack
Rookie

Post by GetKittBack » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:28 pm

fuzzie dice i think it was the season opener i repeat i think but i might be wrong tommorow ill skim through the eps and see if i can find it. i will let u know something tommorow.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:18 am

I remember KITT rapping... whether that constitutes singing I'm not sure.... :P

As for the laugh... he came really close in Trust Doesn't Rust.

When Michael was questioning him about his thoughts on KARR, and if he felt hurt, KITT makes a half laugh...

'Michael... really...'

82TransAm
Recruit

Post by 82TransAm » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:25 am

I don't recall him laughing, I think KARR may have though

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:28 am

GetKittBack wrote:fuzzie dice i think it was the season opener i repeat i think but i might be wrong tommorow ill skim through the eps and see if i can find it. i will let u know something tommorow.
I think I'm confused because there were four seasons of Knight Rider and thus four season openers. :) If you find the exact episode and can describe the scene where he laughed (what was being said and why he laughed) let me know. I'm very curious about this. :)

I would love it if someone in this forum would then be able to track down a sound clip of it. :)
82TransAm wrote: I don't recall him laughing, I think KARR may have though
I think I remember KARR laughing too. Sorta an evil laugh, of course. :)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:23 pm

KITT and KARR never laughed at any point in the show.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:11 pm

But I thought KARR did? I am not sure of course... Anyone that comes up with info it would be appreciated.

They were both computers too, so it wouldn't surprise me if they never laughed... but it's been bugging me so I had to find out. :)

KI2000PA
Volunteer

re: Did KITT ever laugh?

Post by KI2000PA » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:11 pm

Actually KITT did laugh in the episode New Edition was in, I believe it was called "Knight Song" right after he shows them that he can provide a beat for them to sing to with his Anharmonic Synthesizer I believe it goes something like this "That's great! But can you give us a vocal wahwah?" And KITT laughs out the words "Not a chance."

KI2000PA

I'm surprised that no one else knew that KITT laughed in that episode.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:15 pm

Cool! Anyone know where to get a wav file of that? :)

oppenca2
Operative

kitt laughing/singing

Post by oppenca2 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:41 pm

The Knight Rider Legacy book provides lots of information, maybe if we cant remember something we could find it in there. Such as the laughing/singing of kitt. Re singing: pg 166 of the above book- "KITT makes a remark that he has perfect pitch, a statement that is obviously false after hearing him attempt to sing in "Knight Song" "

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:54 pm

I don't think that Karr did laugh but I do know that K.I.T.T kept refering to himself as a computer that was incapable of understanding human emotions such as laughter. It was just not part of his programming becasue no one knew how to make a computer understand emotions. Computers are given information - even one with Artificial Intelligence would not be able to comprehend laughter, it would know the difference in what is more important to a human as far as being there for someone but it wouldn't be able to differenciat between laughter or anger as far as showing emotions. It will understand tones of voice to tell if someone is angry or happy but that is it.