Favourite season opener

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Favourite season opener

Knight of the Pheonix
14%
Goliah
34%
Knight of the Drones
21%
Knight of the Juggernaut
31%

Total votes: 29

ANDREWHEARNE
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Favourite season opener

Post by ANDREWHEARNE » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:07 pm

I'm not sure if this has been used before but I wanted to ask people for opinions on season openers

I have to say I like all of them personally

beatle64
Recruit

Post by beatle64 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:27 pm

I loved the opening for Season 4. I grew up with seeing KITT with the Super Pursuit Mode, and to this day I still love it.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:42 pm

i said season 3 because there's epsiodes i really like in that season and i liked the opener.

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:38 pm

8) I, myself have only seen two of the season openers for Knight Rider, but I do not fancy either of them. However my favorite episode is the one in which Micheal gets amnesia due to a grenade explosion and K.I.T.T. refuses to leave his side when he leaves the foundation to try and get answers. It reminded me of how a dog will follow his owner out of respect and the wanting to protect him. I am not saying that I think of K.I.T.T. as a dog but when he refused to leave Micheals side when he was walking I really enjoyed that, because it would be nice to have a car that can do that. Just to keep you safe. 8)

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:59 pm

goliath for me.

alough there is no Bonnie :(

I remeber ITV Central doing a promo as they showed it in 2 parts.

"Can anything stop Goliath?"

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:15 pm

Knight of the Drones for me. I really liked season three, Bonnie's return was cute, and the story line was pretty good. SPM ruined KoTJ for me. Although, Jennifer Knight was a very interesting pseudo-villain.

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:27 pm

knightshade wrote:Knight of the Drones for me. I really liked season three, Bonnie's return was cute, and the story line was pretty good. SPM ruined KoTJ for me. Although, Jennifer Knight was a very interesting pseudo-villain.
I wasn't a big fan of SPM, either. I actually thought it was more of a downgrade than anything else. Maybe I wouldn't have minded it so much if it weren't for the fact that Michael used it in every single episode. It was like the toy he just couldn't put down.

Knight-Rider
Rookie

Post by Knight-Rider » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:47 pm

Knight of the Pheonix is the best. It has everything that makes Knight Rider great.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:30 pm

I loved season 3's opener the best. I'm not a big fan of SPM. And the season 4 opener seemed just too condensed from what we were used to seeing from the first 3 seasons. I mean since Peter Parros was added to the cast there was less time for cool opening shots (as they had to get a shot of Peter in the opener). If all that makes any sense. Though I will say one thing though. The special "Knight of The Juggernaut" opener contains the coolest turbo boost shot ever in a Knight Rider intro. I was disapointed it didn't make it into the regular season opener. I forgot the name of the season 3 episode that shot came from, but that turbo boost shot is in my avatar.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:02 pm

The Real Michael Knight wrote: I forgot the name of the season 3 episode that shot
came from, but that turbo boost shot is in my avatar.
The episode is "The Nineteenth Hole" . . .

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:31 am

knightshade wrote:Knight of the Drones for me. I really liked season three, Bonnie's return was cute, and the story line was pretty good. SPM ruined KoTJ for me. Although, Jennifer Knight was a very interesting pseudo-villain.
Yup.. I just saw the episode yesterday and I think that SPM ruined KOTJ and the rest of the episodes in season 4... But it was a good season opener.... The convertible mode on the other hand was cool..

Was it just me, or did Michael overuse the SPM in that episode... i think he used that mode abt 4 or 5 times towards the end.....

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:16 am

Well, I cast my vote -- no surprises, I went for "Goliath".

That episode, for me, is not just the greatest season opener but one of the very best episodes of the series. It was the first time Michael and KITT had really faced a global threat, the villains really were "above the law" and it was the first time we ever saw them face a vehicle more powerful than KITT.

The introduction of Garthe Knight added some interesting depth to Michael's new identity, and it was great fun seeing Hasselhoff in a dual role.

I love the other two hour shows, but for me, "Goliath" delivers in every department.

A couple of drafts of the script are available for download at my site. Would've been interesting to see the Las Vegas Strip chase scene that never made it to the episode.

- Paul
- Knight Rider Archive
- http://members.fortunecity.com/knightriders/

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:41 pm

I think I would have to vote for Seasons 1&2, as favorite openers.

I remember extremely disliking SPMode, even though I was only about 13 or 14. I just thought it kinda ruined KITTs appearance.

I cant wait until (hopefully) all seasons come out on DVD. That way if we want to see a certain thing, we can.

I only have the videos from Columbia House right now.

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:41 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote: A couple of drafts of the script are available for download at my site. Would've been interesting to see the Las Vegas Strip chase scene that never made it to the episode.
Funny you should mention deleted scenes - how come there isn't any on the upcoming KR Season 1 set, like there was for "Battlestar Galactica"? I ain't complaining - I think the KR set is one of the best looking and content-wise sets around for a television series, along with the "24" sets, but it would be nice to see *some* deleted scenes. If they exist for Galactica, they must do for KR.

R.J. 1984: The episode you are talking about is "Knightmares" from the 2nd Season.

whet: What other promos do you remember, and do you by any chance remember any for "Airwolf"?

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:51 pm

Thanks Stringfellow Halke - for the information.Although I do have that episode on tape - I almost never pay attention to the titles. But I do fancy the Night Of the Pheneox season opener. I thinks that is the one I like the best.