Name of that Knight Rider Parody Show in the Early 90's?

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Name of that Knight Rider Parody Show in the Early 90's?

Post by Joe Huth » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:50 pm

Okay, bear with me because I BARELY remember this...

Does anyone remember a show in the early 90's that was supposed to be a parody of a mix of shows, including Knight Rider? I think the guy rode a motorcycle (it was NOT Heat Vision and Jack). I remember the beginning credits and one of the scenes in it was the Juggernaut exploding from "Knight of the Juggernaut". I want to say that the title had the word "theater" in it, but I'm not too sure. It only lasted a few episodes. Does anyone remember this show, or should I go ahead and commit myself?

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

comets78
Rookie

Post by comets78 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:19 pm

scifi mystery 3000? i think does that help

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:23 pm

Possibly "Super Force".

http://epguides.com/SuperForce/

"Set in the year 2030, Super Force was sort of a futuristic version of Street Hawk... Zach Stone was a vigilante protected by a black, armored, Robocop-type suit that could activate a virtually impenetrable force field. He had state-of-the-art, computer-assisted weapons and rode a souped-up motorcycle with mounted machine guns. All of this special hardware had come from the late industrialist E.B. Hungerford, whose brain pattern and personality had incorporated into a sentient computer that actually talked in E.B.'s voice."

- Complete Directory to Primetime TV Shows
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:48 am

Michael I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for telling me my favorite show that I totaly forgot the name of.I had no clue that it was super force.I was beginging to think I would never find out what it was.Wish I knew of a place to get some episodes on tape though or pc.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:40 am

No, it definately wasn't "Super Force"...man this is going to bother me until I remember.

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:49 am

Super Force was a movie, wasn't it?

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:01 am

I seem to remember reading about this. Was this the ill fated Street Hawk spin off that hit budgetary problems after just three episodes?

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 pm

No I don't think it was a Streethawk spinoff. The whole show was a parody of action shows, focusing on a motorcycling crimefighter. I want to say it was on Fox, but not sure...maybe around 1992 or 93.

Joe

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:43 pm

Arjun wrote:Super Force was a movie, wasn't it?
You're probably thinking of Megaforce, which was a real cheesey 80s movie with a lot of high-tech (flying) motorcycles. It also featured Edward Mulhare.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:16 pm

Or was it Masked Rider? I heard of it on a Street Hawk forum, where you had a man in a plastic Power Rangers oufit, riding a futuristic talking bike.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:50 pm

Ha ha no that wasn't it either...man I thought somebody would know of it...it only lasted a few episodes. I remember reading a short article about it in the TV Guide, and they described it as a parody of action shows like Knight Rider...

I'm almost positive the title was Something "Theater". Maybe "Action Theater"? I can't find any info on it. But it did have the Juggernaut exploding in the opening credits.

Joe

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:17 am

8) I don't know - maybe I'm talking out of my you know where but do you think it could have been - Firehalk? I know that there was a show like that, but I was never able to watch it. Like I said - maybe it isn't the show your thinking of. 8)

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:19 am

8) I did see the show - Action Theatre, but trust me it was nothing like Knight Rider. The show majorly SUCKED! But like I keep saying, that just my opinion - to each his/her own. 8)

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:57 pm

I barely remember action theatre- it had one segment, starring Deidrich bader as "the searcher"- The guy went on to do "drew caerey" "beverly hillbillies" and a host of voice over work.

Knight-Rider
Rookie

Post by Knight-Rider » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:26 am

Joe:

I got it for you after doing some research I have your answer, It was called Danger Theatre. It had a month on the air, the show consisted of two 15-minute segments, each a spoof of a popular current or past TV show. The two main segments were the Knight Rider-Renegade takeoff, The Searcher, hosted by Robert Vaughn. Debuted in July 1993. I hope this is what you were looking for and I hope I am right.

Wally Rice aka Knight-Rider

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:23 am

That's exactly it! It all came back to me once I read that post. Although I recall the show wasn't that great, it would be nice to see it again, as it did have some Knight Rider-inspired scenes.

Thanks!
Joe

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:35 pm

entries from
The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows:

Danger Theater
First telecast: July 11, 1993
Last telecast: August 22, 1993
FOX Sundays, 7:30-8:30

Robert Vaughn hosted Danger Theater, "the show that dares to take a bite out of the butt of crime," with his tongue so far in his cheek it was amazing he could still speak. He tried to sound serious but looked and acted embarrassed, distracted, and clumsy as he provided introductions and previews of upcoming episodes. Most weeks consisted of fifteen-minute segments of The Searcher, a parody of Knight Rider, followed by similarly short segments of Tropical Punch, a send-up of Hawaii Five-O. The last segment of Tropical Punch aired on August 15, and on Danger Theater's last telecast it was replaced by a single episode of 357 Marina Del Rey, a private-eye spoof in the 77 Sunset Strip mold starring Todd Field and Ricky Harris.

The Searcher
First telecast: July 11, 1993
Last telecast: August 22, 1993
FOX Sundays, 7:30-7:45
Cast:
The Searcher..... Diedrich Bader

In this parody of wandering TV heroes, The Searcher traveled around the country attempting to help people being threatened or harassed. Dressed in all black and riding a powerful motorcycle, he looked cool but was unbelievably klutzy, constantly running into things on his motorcycle and miracuously staggering away unhurt. The Searcher got distracted by every beautiful woman he saw, and absurdly extreme close-ups were used to show his emotional reactions to everything. He narrated every episode in an incredibly deep voice. When he collected his fee at the end of each episode his phone number 1-800-SRCH-ME flashed on the screen. The Searcher was one of the elements of FOX's Danger Theater.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:12 am

There was some show mentioned earlier, called Vor-Tec, with a talking car, cyborg dog and a butler. Does anyone remember it?

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:55 pm

8) I don't remember anything about that show but I do know one thing. The show Vor-Tec was a joke. A complete waste of time from beginning to end. Even when I was 18 kids I knew were saying what a joke it was. Deffinitly not something worth mentioning. 8)