Updated KITT Dash

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Updated KITT Dash

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:19 am

Well, I got bored earlier this night. So I decided to take this season 3 dash image I found on the net and edited it to make it look like a newer updated KITT dash. My image editing software is limited, so I did the best I could with what I got. I think the modifications turned out pretty well for using just MS Paint. Some new additions I made were:

1. True flat screen monitor
2. Updated systems on KITT's center display icons (just a couple)
3. Updated switchpod functions (I even added a stun function)

I was shooting for what would KITT's dash look like at around the mid 90's if he got updated? Oh, and I do have a comment, the script that says: "Knight Industries 2000" is actually supposed to be debossed on the gullwing steering wheel. But since I couldn't put the wheel in there, I just placed it on screen at my best guess where it would be if the wheel was there. Oh, and on the flat screen monitor, I wanted to place a grid outline of KITT in blue (like you see in the intro for season 3-4 in the monitor), but I was unable too. And unfortunately I had to really compress the file in order to upload it. If anyone wants a better file, just let me know and I could email one to you. All right, well here it is:

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Knigh ... ewdash.jpg

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:30 am

Cool. Reminds me of Juha Terho's dash pictures (the idea of the picture).

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:54 pm

Dude, you put Speed Burst instead of Turbo Boost. That is a major screw up especaily when Turbo Boost is often used control.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:41 pm

Turbo boost is still there, (it wouldn't be KITT without it, I mean come on!)just scroll down and look at the right side switch pod. I put speed burst there because nobody knew what "Boost 2" did.

beatle64
Recruit

Post by beatle64 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:58 am

That is awesome. I love it. It is a true work of art that should be on display somewhere.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:18 am

Wow, thats quite the compliment Beatle64. Thank you. I edited the season 3 dash the best I could. The most obvious is the new display just below the tachometer. One replaces the bar graph display for fuel, oil pressure, volts, water, etc. with numeracle displays that are more accurate and precise. The other is a sort of ECG for KITT's systems and CPU. His CPU activity is registered like a 'heartbeat' rhythm on the graph. When he operating optimaly the graph spikes are displayed in blue along with his current condition. It can display a viraity of conditions for KITT, including: "opitmal, functional, minimal, danger, virus (when a computer virus is found), and irregular (when a foreign object is present somewhere in KITT's systems). This is also good for Michael when he needs to check out KITT's condition at a moments notice. Also is practicle for when Bonnie needs to check for any irregularities in KITT's CPU rhytym. I know, I'm a nerd. But I got bored. lol

beatle64
Recruit

Post by beatle64 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:35 am

I'm not that computer savy so I couldn't do any of that. Have you ever tried doing anything animation or pic wise of KITT while he is in the Super Pursuit Mode? I have always loved how he looked in that and it seems I'm one of few that feels that way.

MrAsdf
Stranger

A note from the original author of the picture

Post by MrAsdf » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:06 am

Hi,

I'm the guy who did the original drawing, which can be found at the following address: http://www.iki.fi/jterho/drawings/kitt/

I found this thread while Googling for my own name. I have neither the time nor the interest to follow this board, so I will keep this short and ask that any replies be sent to me via email. My email address can be found on my home page.

The picture in question at http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Knigh ... ewdash.jpg is a shoddily modified version of my original drawing at http://www.iki.fi/jterho/drawings/kitt/ ... h-2002.png with the copyright statement blatantly removed.

If you are interested in drawing the dashboard of KITT, please create your own drawings from scratch, at least if you plan to put them up on the Web. I would prefer to see the modified picture taken down.

Furthermore, what annoys me is the fact that the picture has been converted to JPEG. This means that some detail from my original drawing has been lost, while the file size has more than tripled - to 178 kB! The statement that the author of the modified picture "had to really compress the file in order to upload it" is patently ridiculous, as the original picture was a 57 kB PNG with LOSSLESS compression.

To recap: 1) please take down the modified version at server6.uploadit.org, 2) if you have anything to say to me, please do it via email.

Thank you for your time.

J.T.

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:28 pm

Good point, well made! :-D
:kittspin:
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.