Extras For Knight Rider DVD Season Boxsets

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightRiderGirl
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Some great ideas for extras

Post by KnightRiderGirl » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:53 pm

There should be commentary from David Haselhoff, Patricia McPherson, and the producers of the show. There should also be behind the scenes footage (if there's any in existance), photo gallery, blooper reel, and different technical specs of Kitt in each DVD. :P

82TransAm
Recruit

Post by 82TransAm » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:46 pm

I think it would be cool if they showed outtakes of the bad guys joking around with the good guys like line flubs and such.

comets78
Rookie

Post by comets78 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:03 pm

how about a bonus dvd featuring eps i take it did not last long for those of us who apparently did not see it , then maybe asking david felt making a made for tv movie knightrider:)

comets78
Rookie

Post by comets78 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:05 pm

sorry i meant to add team knight rider to reply

IceKnight
Rookie

Post by IceKnight » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:28 am

If its not too late to still ask...

perhaps a clip gallery of times where Knight Rider either crossed over or was parodied. For example, the Simpsons had a few (including Knight Boat), and the Diff'rent Strokes clip. And those Bush clips from the Jay Leno show. "Smart Bomb, Smart Car, Smart Man".

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:59 am

That parody thing might be abit of a nightmare, theres new ones coming all the time. Just recently I saw an ep of powerpuff girls where the Prof made a KARR car (using the same letters but meant something else). The car went on a rampage wanting to kill the girls...and it talked! Then theres also the robot jones one which I think is the best one so far.

....to be honest, Ill just be happy to get the series digitally remastered and uncut. Anything else is just icing on the cake for me.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:15 am

I think I would also be satisfied just with the series, but there is already an interview with Joe Huth and a clip of his car.. SO...

Knight8815
Volunteer

Post by Knight8815 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:59 pm

It would be cool if it had like a family tree on FLAG and the Knights. Cuz when I first started watching it was hard to understand all of the characters from the different season pilots.

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:43 am

sarfraz wrote:Just recently I saw an ep of powerpuff girls where the Prof made a KARR car (using the same letters but meant something else). The car went on a rampage wanting to kill the girls...and it talked! Then theres also the robot jones one which I think is the best one so far.
lol!!! I haven't seen the Powerpuff Girls one yet, man, gives me a reason to watch the show more often! And I agree, the Robot Jones one was great!

Having the parodies in the set would be a bit too much to ask but it's a very good idea and was worth the suggestion, who knows, maybe they'll consider it! I'd like to see it on there, at least.

I'm sure everyone's just happy to have the series on DVD but if they're gonna put extras milk 'em for what they're worth! :P

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:12 pm

i think they should have a featurete on how they did auto cruise and how they built K.I.T.T.
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Extra Materials & Special Features

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:01 pm

For starters, packaging and artwork that does NOT, and I mean NOT feature any spelling or grammar mistakes, which Universal-Playback are notorious of. Below is my preferrable list of extras:

Disc Specifications & Standards:
--- Scene Access Menus: 12 chapters for all 45-49 minute episodes / 24 chapters for feature-length 90-95 minute episodes).
--- All menus animated, integrating video footage from various episodes.
--- Audio in either cleaned-up, digitally restored and re-mastered MONO 1.0 soundtrack, or the same but split into two audio channels; pseudo STEREO 2.0.
--- Brand new digitally restored 35mm prints of all 22 episodes, using the original prints that are stored in the vaults at Universal Studios, C.A.

Special Features & Extras:
--- A 30-45 minute Retrospective docummentary on "The Making of Knight Rider - Season 1", with cast & crew interviews by: Creator/Executive Producer Glen A. Larson, Producers Steven de Souza and Linda Shearer, Stunt Coordinator Robert Bravler and Co-Stunt Coordinator Jack Gill, Executive Producer Robert Foster, Supervising Producer Joel Rogosin, Coordinating Producer Gian R. Grimaldi, Music and Theme Composers Stu Phillips & Don Peake, Director of Photography H. John Penner, David Hasselhoff, Patricia McPherson, Pamela Susan Shoop, Anne Lockhart, Catherine Hickland, Lance LeGault, and various other guest-stars.

--- A 15-30 minute featurette on "The Stunts of Knight Rider - Season 1", with interviews by Stunt Coordinator Robert Bravler and Co-Stunt Coordinator Jack Gill, including David Hasselhoff, Patricia McPherson, and other various guest-stars.

--- A 30-minute featurette on "The Making of the Knight Industries Two Thousand - K.I.T.T.", detailing the interior technical designs of the car.

--- Never-before-seen bloopers, outtakes, deleted scenes & footage, and alternate takes.

--- A multi-level photograph & stills gallery, containing never-before-seen photographs: behind-the-scenes, on-location, cast photographic potraits, promotional and original NBC press publicity photographs, lobby cards, & original merchandise.

--- Original NBC TV Promos and Spots for the series, both in edited clips of all of the network's shows to come during the season of 1982-1983, and centrally on the show itself, for example: "On the next episode of KNIGHT RIDER", "Friday, on KNIGHT RIDER", "Next week on KNIGHT RIDER", etc.

--- Audio Commentaries on the following episodes: 'PILOT' episode (a.k.a. "Knight of the Phoenix"), and either all or a few of these: 'GOOD DAY AT WHITE ROCK', 'NO BIG THING', 'TRUST DOESN'T RUST', 'INSIDE OUT', 'A PLUSH RIDE', 'THE TOPAZ CONNECTION', 'A NICE, INDECENT LITTLE TOWN', 'CHARIOT OF GOLD', 'WHITE BIRD', and 'SHORT NOTICE'.

IceKnight
Rookie

Post by IceKnight » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:12 am

I think KR 2000 should be included with Season 4 if they ever get around to Season 4.

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:08 am

have any of you ever seen the bloopers? they are hillarious!
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

Jonathan
Recruit

Post by Jonathan » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:47 am

I would really appreciate bloopers reels and KR 2000 as extra features.

Knight_Rider2004
Volunteer

Knight Rider DVD extras

Post by Knight_Rider2004 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:49 pm

I would love to see interviews with David Hasselhoff. the late Edward Mulhare, Patricia Mcpherson. Peter Cullen(KARR's Voice) and of course how they built the car and did all the Auto Pursuit Mode shots from inside the car and stuff like that and of course Commentary on select episodes like TDR, KOTP, and Goliath and it's sequel and KITT Verses KARR and how they taped the voice of KARR & KITT

KnightRider2000
Operative

Neil on DVD?

Post by KnightRider2000 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:21 pm

So Neil, did Universal contact you about being in the DVD? You are the head Knight Rider mogul on the internet. It's VERY unlikely that the smaller boards (like the Knight Rider Forum) will be contacted, LOL.

-KnightRider2000

K-A-R-R
Stranger

Post by K-A-R-R » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:50 pm

I like Knight _Rider 2004's ideas. :wink: