FAKE KITT On Different TV Series

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

FAKE KITT On Different TV Series

Post by KARR Engineer » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:07 pm

A few days ago I saw a Barris Kustom TA. It was supposed to be in a TV series and the car has rockets inside the doors and the hood. A close-up of the nose shows a little red scanner.
BOOO! :x

Red Rider
Recruit

Post by Red Rider » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:25 pm

Where do you see this car? On a website, a magazine? :?:

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:05 pm

eBay motors. I searched for 'Barris'. Something is weird with the spoof's rear lights - It's basically awful.

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:45 pm

Got a picture of it?
Knight Industries Defence One

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:58 pm

That car was built by George Barris for a short lived 1986 television series called "Force-3", I believe. It's a 1986 Trans Am that sports missiles that appear underneath the taillights, doors that lift up to reveal more missiles, and a few other features. It's on Ebay right now for 5 more days: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2453588473

It even has a crappy scanner!

Here's the description from Ebay:
This is a very rare opportunity for several reasons-First off,this car has incredibly low documented miles,which it has been serviced with new hoses and belts,all fluids flushed and it runs excellent!Second off,it is a Barris Custom!!!Third,this car was made for the FORCE 3 TV show in 1986!The show wasnt on long,but imagine how much was spent by the TV studio to modify this Trans Am this extensively!How many people do you know own a TV show car?Let alone one that makes the Knight Rider Trans Am look lame.It has a rear mounted GE mini gun which is operated by the trigger on the joystick inside the car(it is a prop),the barrels spin like the real deal<expensive prop>,it has a 4 pod rocket launcher(also a prop)in the rear trunk too.The trunk raises and lowers by switch,and the weapons raise and lower too.This is the best,the door skins raise and lower and have two AIM-54A guided missles inside each door,concealed.The front end has 4 mini rocket launchers,which the barrels pop out and flip the turn signals down to pop out.They originally were hooked to an air compressor to fire,but it was removed before the studio sold it for obvious reasons.The rear tailights flip up or down to reveal 6 mini rockets!!!All props are activated/deactivated with a special key,the key hole is behind the passenger's seat.This ensures noone messes with the switches and start activating props when the car is parked,only you can activate them.The rims are beautiful on this car,it really gives it the muscle car touch.Here it goes-this is the part noone believes when I tell them,as if the other goodies are hard to believe already,the hood scoop raises and lowers to reveal a RC controlled airplane launcher.The plane was used for video surviellence on the show.The studio kept the plane,and the hood scoop has been strapped down on the inside in a way so noone sees,so the scoop doesnt open when going 70mph down the freeway.It was a TV prop,so its better to tie it down and be driveable than raise and lower a hood scoop that is for a plane that doesnt exist anymore.It also has front brake locks for those TV show spin out scenes.It has a roll cage installed for safety!There is also a front tow bar for a TV camera mount,which is concealed under the front bumper.You will never find another car like this!There <were> two of these Force 3 Trans Ams for the TV show.The first looked the same but had no props,and was for the stunt scenes,and it is destroyed unfortunately.This is the only one in existence.Think about this,when you show up at the car show,will people remember the Ferrari one year from now or the Trans Am packed with weaponry?It is definitely been more fun talking about this car to people than my Ferrari or Lamborghini kit cars I've owned over the years.

Red Rider
Recruit

Post by Red Rider » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:24 pm

WoW!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
For me, George Barris made a nice job with the Batmobile and especially with KITT , but with this car... Poor Trans Am... Maybe a (very big) lack of inspiration... I think that KITT and KARR are the only way a Trans AM should be modified. Fortunately, he had not made this design for Knight Rider...

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:18 pm

Looks like a colorful bat...trying to find a mate. :lol

Gags...I think this is what would happen if KITT and TKR's Attack Beast and some...thing else...drew up plans for the latest member of TKR.

Or, this could always be the topper to Killer KITT...*cough*...Insanity KITT.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:27 pm

lmao... SKAR... the early years... :lol:

I'm not quite sure what to make of that. Hmm.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:21 am

Actually, someone here at the BBoard posted a link to a site for "Force-3". In fact, the guy selling the car is the same one who create the site (because on the page, he explained that he bought it and that it was still functional, and also had the Borris logo on the front fenders).

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:27 am

I wish I could put that tail light gun thingie on my car.

It would be fun to use on people that insist on riding your rear all the time!
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:56 am

That's it! That's the total spoof!

growup
Recruit

Barris emblems

Post by growup » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:12 am

Did you know that you can contact George Barris directly and purchase "Barris original emblems"