Knight Rider 2 Info from Gamespot

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightdogg
Rookie

Knight Rider 2 Info from Gamespot

Post by knightdogg » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:43 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/kni ... 86344.html

Knight Rider 2 in development

Davilex Games announces that it's working on a Knight Rider sequel scheduled for release on PS2 and PC towards the end of this year.

Davilex Games has today announced that it's working on Knight Rider 2 for the PC and PlayStation 2. Based on the '80s TV show of the same name, the game is the sequel to last year's Knight Rider game which has sold over 170,000 units across Europe to date.

"We are excited to develop and publish the sequel to Knight Rider," said Rogier Avis, CEO of Davilex Games. "The first version was successful and it is a logical move to release its follow-up. We have carefully listened to our customers' feedback on Knight Rider and we will be incorporating many of the given suggestions into Knight Rider 2."

In addition to the chase, race, explore, and puzzle elements found in Knight Rider, the sequel will feature two additional gameplay elements in the form of combat and minigames. Using KITT's combat mode, players will do battle against robots, armored vehicles, and Michael Knight's evil twin brother Garth. Minigames in Knight Rider 2 will include a shooting gallery and dirt track racing amongst others.

In addition to the single-player missions Knight Rider 2 will feature split-screen support for two players, although it's not yet clear whether the multiplayer modes of play will be cooperative, competitive, or both. We'll bring you more information on Knight Rider 2, which is currently scheduled for release towards the end of this year, as soon as it becomes available.

Sith
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider 2 Info from Gamespot

Post by Sith » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:54 pm

knightdogg wrote:We have carefully listened to our customers' feedback on Knight Rider and we will be incorporating many of the given suggestions into Knight Rider 2."
Well there you go, a little nod to everyone's efforts on The List Of Suggestions. Good find knightdogg. :)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:54 pm

Very nice find! Looks like we have something to look forward to for the end of the year!

KARR Engineer
FLAG Recruit

Post by KARR Engineer » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:08 pm

YOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!
What else to say? Minigames, Garth, robots (reminds me of KOTD) and all THIS year!
One more time:
YOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:45 pm

Is this game gonna come out in the US?

Tony
Rookie

Post by Tony » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:14 pm

ramon88us wrote:Is this game gonna come out in the US?
I don't think we will see the PS2 version in North America.
But we will be lucky to see the PC version a few months after
it's release in Europe, just like the first game.
I was hoping to see the first game out on PS2 here in North America.
I am still wondering why it has not been released.
But I guess all we can do is cross our fingers and hope it will be
here this time.

Tony

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm

hmmmmmmmmmm...... It doesn't really say you can "play as MK" They don't have his name in there any where, I know I will not buy this game (well most likely, unless it is really good) If he isn't a player again!

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:47 pm

i know i'm getting a little rushy but if this 10 times better i hope davilex never stops making knight rider game.it would be cool for to make a lot of them.after the 2nd game i believe that should make a 3rd and 4th knight rider.just like how many seasons knight rider was on the air on tv. but i'm excited to here news about this game.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:53 pm

Yea, it looks like its primary focus is still a racer. Hopefully it will have a bit more challeneg and complexity to it. Lets wait and see something from Davilex before we judge so swiftly.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:32 pm

I think they could be a job for Raven... They made a great Star Trek Game... The best one there was... I have it... Very good!

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 pm

you do.i love star trek.

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:20 pm

Is it just me, or would the folks at Davilex be wise to ask people who have made really good KITT replicas to send them tons of photos of the exterior and interior of their replicas? It seems like their best resource -- fans -- would also be the easiest and least expensive to obtain.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:24 pm

dude that's a very awesome idea there.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:38 pm

Benjamin Knight wrote:I think they could be a job for Raven... They made a great Star Trek Game... The best one there was... I have it... Very good!
They have one? I know they are working on a sequel to Bridge Commander (which I'm not too excited about) I didn't know that they had a completed game.

I'll buy it even if there is no real MK participation. I mean, KITT was basically the whole show. Yeah, it was about one man making a difference, but what made it popular? KITT. Hasselhoff didn't make KR popular, KR made Hasselhoff popular.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:38 pm

London Racer, Europe Racer, Thames Racer, USA Racer, and Holiday Racer are some games made by Davilex. So dont really expect action games by Davilex although they also announced Miami vice.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:40 pm

davilex might change man you never know what's going to be in this one.

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:41 pm

Well yeah that is true.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:44 pm

let's see how good davilex has really changed when knight rider game 2 comes out. then we can debaye on it.

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:46 pm

I wonder what it would be like to play as Michael and fight and eject to the roof and all that stuff.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:48 pm

dude that's every one's dream trust i want to some times be michael knight to dude.

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:19 pm

For that guy who talked about michael not being the real star .
I agree , KR made David popular .

I rather drive then have to get out the car . itl slow me down although I dont mind playing as him .

but I think this would be the best game out from Daivlex (spelling)

because This Series has a huge fan base then any of there other titles .
Knight Rider is probaly their only "BIG" selling game that they have to offer so far . so I Agree that they probaly will make more KR games .

ITs their lastet And only hit I know of
:P

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:31 pm

i think i heared about davilex saying that knight rider was one of the best games every made.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:04 pm

cloudkitt wrote:
Benjamin Knight wrote:I think they could be a job for Raven... They made a great Star Trek Game... The best one there was... I have it... Very good!
They have one? I know they are working on a sequel to Bridge Commander (which I'm not too excited about) I didn't know that they had a completed game.

I'll buy it even if there is no real MK participation. I mean, KITT was basically the whole show. Yeah, it was about one man making a difference, but what made it popular? KITT. Hasselhoff didn't make KR popular, KR made Hasselhoff popular.
Star Trek Voyager Elite Force

A Good First Person Shooter... Great Graphics... But a little short.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:34 am

Few more details from Blues News:

"We are excited to develop and publish the sequel to Knight Rider. The first version was successful and it is a logical move to release its follow-up. We have carefully listened to our customers feedback on Knight Rider and we will be incorporating many of the given suggestions into Knight Rider 2" says CEO, Rogier Avis.

Knight Rider was one of the most popular TV series of the 80's attracting millions of viewers to the adventures and missions of David Hasselhof and his super can-do-all car K.I.T.T. Knight Rider is still shown on many TV Stations worldwide and enjoys a large following of fans who fondly remember Michael Knight, Bonnie, Devon and Garth, as well as the main star of the series, the shiny black sleek car named K.I.T.T.

Knight Rider 2 will address much of the customer feedback received on the first Knight Rider game as well as add many new features, which will improve the gameplay dramatically whilst maintaining the authentic atmosphere of the series. Knight Rider 2 will contain more action, in-game animations, special effects and dialogue than its predecessor. In addition to the gameplay elements of chase, race, explore and puzzle, Knight Rider 2 will also offer two complete new games modes: Combat and Mini Games.

As in the first Knight Rider, the player will play K.I.T.T. and must use all the unique features that this famous car was capable of in order to successfully complete missions. Whether its driving in ski-mode in narrow alleys, utilizing night vision to see where others can not, chasing the bad guys with incredible speed by activating the Turbo Boost or scanning buildings to analyse a situation, Knight Rider 2 will still offer all the thrilling features associated with the original K.I.T.T. car of the TV series.

In Knight Rider 2, KITT is now also capable of Combat mode which will raise the gameplay element significantly with the player using different car-based weapons to fight off robots, armoured vehicles and of course Garth, Michaels evil twin-brother and arch enemy. Mini Games such as Dirt Track Racing and The Shooting Gallery add to the excitement and fun. These Mini Games may be unlocked by successfully completing certain missions.

Furthermore, new tracks and environments, some with unconventional surroundings, will definitely add to a fantastic gaming experience. In this second game, players will be able to immerse themselves in the world of Knight Rider playing out numerous action packed missions providing hours upon hours of fun. A multi-player mode will allow breathtaking split-screen action between two players.

Thanks to K.I.T.T for the heads up.

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:25 pm

well , I guess u really cant play as Michael Knight , YAY!!!!!!!!!

lol . I only care for kitt . and we geting weapons now!!!!!
The original Spy Hunter .

And Imagin playing As kitt in 2 player mod and using SPM BOTH players!!

U know how hot and fast that would look!!!!!

Damn it , I cant wait!!!!!!! I hope they got lan so I can wipe my little brothers butt on my home network!!