Knight Rider 2 Info from Gamespot

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Benjamin Knight » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:51 pm

Looks like Minimum Micheal action... I wonder why, looking at the list of suggetions, if they read it. It is the most important one! This looks like another poorly done game. Raven help!

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:48 am

Why do I have the feeling that Davilex will be using the same game engine with little tweaks done to it.

I think will be seeing KR 1.5 being sold as KR 2.

Don't get me wrong Vice City is nothing more than GTA 3 with some flashier locales, but KR 1 wasn't all that hot to begine with, so I think it will be just more of the same.

I do hope, however, that Davilex will prove me wrong, but I seriously doubt it :(
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:55 am

Army_F_Body wrote:Why do I have the feeling that Davilex will be using the same game engine with little tweaks done to it.
That's because you are absolutely right. They use the NetImmerse engine which is now known as the Gamebryo engine. All of there games use this engine, which is actually pretty decent. GTA3 uses the renderware engine, but they had to modify that engine to no end to make it work with there visions fpr GTA3. You can also see this engine at work in Midnight Club 2. Both excellent games with an excellent engine which if I had the thousands of dollars, would be my top choice for game design/development.

Davilex pretty much already admitted to rehashing Knight Rider 2 anyway, just read between the lines, they are "ADDING" 2 new styles of game play to what they already consider a successful game. Yeah they really listen to you "fans". They must be referring to the thousands of KR fans that hang out at the dukes of hazard forums. :roll:

Well with any luck I'm hoping they totally prove me wrong, but from what I already know and seen on KR 2, its not worth getting your hopes up on. KR2 Multiplayer should be interesting though, I'm curious how they will go about handling that. One person gets KITT, one person gets KARR, and one gets Goliath, or does everyone get KITT?

Meh, we shall see late 2004 then I guess. [/url]
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:22 am

Ya know, sequels in games improve ever so slightly, game by game. When or if it gets to 4-5 games, then we'll see a big improvement.

I'm a bit worried when they said about KITT actually having weapons to fight robots. I can picture it being like Super Mario racing, when ya had to drop bombs from underneath your car amongst other stuff inc oil.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:45 pm

Skav wrote:I'm a bit worried when they said about KITT actually having weapons to fight robots. I can picture it being like Super Mario racing, when ya had to drop bombs from underneath your car amongst other stuff inc oil.
*takes Skav out with a well placed Green Shell* :P

I would imagine by weapons they mean something like KITT's laser. After all there is a Shooting Gallery too. Have to wait and see I guess.

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:57 pm

ok well , since the game will be released around 2004 Q4 , I think the game may be Completly new . I dont think those Addons would take that long to release the game .

I think they got something under their sleeves!

but if it is an addon . imaa pass out . :evil:

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:52 pm

I'm surprised to see so much support for an anti-DH gaming mode. After all, driving KITT in KR games has been done to death, IMO.

My dream KR game would incorporate both driving and walking. Which is why in my (currently dead in the water) freebie game, you drive KITT for the first half of the game. (Escaping from KARR in order to get repaired. Then, after picking up Michael, you face off against KARR. After that, there are some details that need sleuthing inside the city. Which is where Michael has to get out and collect clues. (Both by asking around AND infiltrating buildings.) And, in the end, Michael must do some more driving before encountering his big one-on-one fight scene.

I must admit that I've always had a second, far superior game in mind. One where Michael and KITT have to play in random episodes, making each gaming experience unique to the former one. And, in some ways, it mirrors the results portion of the game Stuntman. (Though, I thought of the idea, first. (To the best of my knowledge.))

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:20 pm

I JUST DON'T WANT KITT TO THAT BAD SPEED HE HAS I MEAN IT WAS NOTHING AT ALL. 124 MPH.SUCKS.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:25 pm

???

Since I've never played the commercial game, I don't know where you got this 124 MPH figure from. Is it from that KR game?

Else, if you found out (somehow) it was from mine...I can explain. The low MPH readout and lack of speed are a flaw that I never fixxed. Trust me when I say that I was looking for a way to speed things up...but the PC went bust before I could solve it.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:52 pm

He meant the Davilex game jup. :) For some bizarre reason, without SPM, it was the top speed of KITT.

It was worse in SPM though. It was near impossible to go over 180 MPH. Something we noted in the list we sent them.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:09 pm

yeah. hear for quick second tell me if this a nice trans am. and why.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... egory=6427

what do you think.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:08 am

Most 3rd T/As (more late models than the KITT years) top out at about 124, mine does.

I wonder if Davilex peeked at the dash of a stock T/A to get that figure.

I don't know where else it would come from.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:21 pm

do you like it.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:54 am

Getting back on topic, I'm not gonna get my hopes up for this game this time. Last time, Davilex delivered a disappointing and overall terrible game(IMHO), and from what Ken says...they haven't changed it all that much. The last game was more of a collector's item anyway (for me at least) than a game. So yeah...I'm gonna wait it out till they release this game before I get excited over it.

Smoothy
Rookie

Post by Smoothy » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:22 pm

As a big Knight Rider fan and of gaming in general, I was massively disappointed that Knight Rider wasn't all that it could and should have been. Lets hope that the sequel is a lot better.

Cougar
Rookie

Post by Cougar » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:15 pm

[quote="Sith"]He meant the Davilex game jup. :) For some bizarre reason, without SPM, it was the top speed of KITT.

It was worse in SPM though. It was near impossible to go over 180 MPH. Something we noted in the list we sent them.[/quote]

Stock cars can do 180 without SPM. Geez, KITT should be able to run circles around them. :roll: I wonder if Davilex has ever seen an episode of KR. :lol:

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:19 pm

i don't they do. i think they just took the suggestions from us.