Knight Rider Fan Game ???

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

babifrence
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Fan Game ???

Post by babifrence » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:18 pm

Hiya Peeps,

I was just wondering what happened to Ken's KR fan game. There was a really huge thread ages ago that turned hectic which Neps had to eventually lock due to some serious flaming that resulted in Ken shutting his website down. Whatever happened afterwards to the fan game and Ken ???

It appears his website has been taken offline for some months now. Im kinda worried about him and whether he truely took it to heart from the guy who flamed him about borrowing his work so that a KITT car was used as a placeholder etc...

I have searched this forum and have not had much success. If someone could shed some light I would be very pleased. Take care all and I wish everyone a better year all round for the Knight Rider Mania that exists and for each member that is a part of our community.

PEACE OUT !!!

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:20 pm

His game had lots of potential. Ashame about what happened back then. Ken did not deserve it.

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:35 pm

Was it the luna ranch game?

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:35 pm

Absolutely not.

Luna Ranch predated what Ken's KR project was. It was made by a former KRO member (can't remember who) who took the demo from the game's engine and reworked it into a Knight Rider kind of game. (This engine was used commercially in at least two PlayStation games. Kings Field and Kings Field II. All three games show just how inflexible and slow the engine's 3-D environment really is.) I think he completed the game in under a week.

Ken's game (while it did evolve through several stages) looked a WHOLE LOT MORE like it came right out of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. So, as a community, we all really lost something wonderful in the making...at no cost to us, to boot. It may have even surpassed the commercially sold KR game in various ways.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:46 pm

He stopped?!

Last I heard we were expecting a demo in March!
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:22 pm

cloudkitt wrote:He stopped?!

Last I heard we were expecting a demo in March!
Indeed, thats what Ken said here. Demo in March. But then, he is working on that Mini-Z project now. So we may have to be patient for awhile, and let him take his time. :)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:26 pm

You also have to allow that he also has a real life and not a whole lot of budget to deal with, so you do need to give him a little bit more space and leeway than you would with something like Davilex.

KI

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:47 pm

Well, this is news to me.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:51 pm

knightimmortal wrote:You also have to allow that he also has a real life and not a whole lot of budget to deal with, so you do need to give him a little bit more space and leeway than you would with something like Davilex.

KI
Not a whole lot of budget to deal with? Then why was it stated that the cash he made from the blooper dvd was to go towards making the game? If I would have known the game was in the toilet I never would have bought mine, at that ridiculous price, and I'm sure Tony would have been just fine with a copy instead of shelling out for an "original" from Ken. I want to know what's going on!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:04 am

Not a whole lot of budget to deal with? Then why was it stated that the cash he made from the blooper dvd was to go towards making the game? If I would have known the game was in the toilet I never would have bought mine, at that ridiculous price, and I'm sure Tony would have been just fine with a copy instead of shelling out for an "original" from Ken. I want to know what's going on!
Firstly I never said the game was gone? Nor did anyone else here say that... Right now I'm in the middle of moving, once I get settled back in I'll start on KR:RPG again and finnish South Rider. The budget for the game was based upon the sales of the DVD's yes, and most of the budget went into buying the game engine. That technology costs a fortune to license, because the developers of the technology don't care if you are making a freeware game or not, they want there money which is understandable.

Secondly, you have to keep in mind, your purchase was VERY much appreciated, your one of those who have helped the KR game get as far as it did, but also have to keep in mind you never would have been able to buy a cheap "copy" had I not made the original. I managed to make a lot of collectors who were selling this for 150-200 bucks very angry with me because they had the market cornered. Now everyone has it, lol. It even ended up on warez sites! But had a night compiled this disc, then it still wouldn't be out there for anyone to buy a cheap copy...

But again, the game is not forgotten, dead or otherwise. I'm just in transit of moving to a new location, which is why I have been absent for the past few weeks. The guy crying about the model was a nice little set back, but no biggy I just had to move up the time frame for my own model to be completed. A modeler who did alot of the cars for Need for Speed Underground is actually working on some very awesome cars for this game. So I repeat again, the project is far from dead.

- msKEN
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:40 pm

Thanks for the update Ken.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:07 pm

I'm very glad to hear this, MSKen. Thanks for keeping us informed. :D

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:17 pm

YAAAHOOOOO!

Heehee, keep us posted, Ken

babifrence
Volunteer

Post by babifrence » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:42 pm

Hiya Peeps,

I have been away for a while because of university related commitments. Thanks for updating us with that information msKen. I never knew you were the ACTUAL guy who made the Blooper DVD possible.

How did you acquire all the film data and stuff. Personally I dont own a copy because I want to get me a new one that has just been made. It seems I need to be paying you ;).

If we can arrange for this I would be more than happy to pay you for this priceless DVD. By the way, I have recently bought the Knight Rider game to show my support for the Knight Rider fandom.

Im sure many threads ago, people presumed I was pro-piracy because I downloaded a CD ISO image of the game instead of paying for it just like everyone else did. I was fortunate enough to have bought myself a factory sealed copy pretty cheap. There are 2 main reasons for this purchase: -

1) I want to show my support for the Knight Rider fandom and because
2) I want to own a piece of history that is original and to keep it as a piece of Knight Rider memorabilia.

Take care all, and let us know whats happening msKen - your famous site still seems to be offline.

PEACE OUT !!!

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:41 am

Good luck Ken! I especially can't wait for South Rider!

Nick

theknightrider
Volunteer

Post by theknightrider » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:53 pm

http://www.knightriderfans.com/southrider

Is this the same person/project? I can't really find any credits anywhere. I'm a big fan of knight rider fan stuff so hopefully this person comes back!

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:13 pm

wow...was this topic really in january? wow...so where's this game? lol I'm really eager for it.