knight rider : tos episodes that never made it on tv

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

knight rider : tos episodes that never made it on tv

Post by james olden » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:36 pm

ok i was reading in a old post from 03 that there was 3 episodes of knight rider that the scripts was written but never procudes

1.girls knight out - which turned to knight behind bars.
but the other two im curious about
2.knight school
3.endangered species

if this is true can someone tell me what season was knight school and endangered species episodes was for. and does anyone have the summary for knight school and endangered species.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Re: knight rider : tos episodes that never made it on tv

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:07 am

Surprise, surprise - this is another feature that will be available on the new Knight Rider Archive. Knight School and Endangered Species were two scripts written by Douglas Brenner, who was not on the writing staff but submitted from the outside.

There are two other scripts I have that never got produced - The Wind Devil (by Janis Hendler and Peter W. Dixon), and The Deadly Prize (by David Bennett Carron). These scripts were by people on the Knight Rider production staff, and make for good reads - but I'm glad neither was made into a 'real' episode of Knight Rider.

I know of at least three other stories that were written as scripts but never produced!
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:35 pm

like Knight Jets which I put up a thread on where Mark wanted KITT to go underwater like a sub. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16233&sid=a5f790a72 ... 2c#p193167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

=VK=

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:49 pm

now nbc was going to far by tryin to have ki2t fly then go underwater like a submarine lol. smh
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:08 pm

Victor Kros wrote:like Knight Jets which I put up a thread on where Mark wanted KITT to go underwater like a sub. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16233&sid=a5f790a72 ... 2c#p193167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

=VK=
Yep, that was by Mark Jones, who also worked on The A-Team, and produced the first few Season 4 shows. Would have been interesting, but it's an example of how far-out some of the ideas were getting. I would have been intrigued to see the "jet tractors" though.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:13 pm

Facinating. In my planned 'season five' series, I was going to give KIT2T a flight option and KIT3T a submersive mode.

Though, to be fair, KITT's plane mode was not an SPM upgrade, but more like SID...where it would be an automated drone plane that swoops down, latches on to KITT and takes off under it's own power. True flight power that would terrify poor Kitt. Yet, it wouldn't require some horribly complicated process of hiding wings and would make the option almost a necessity to plan for, in advance.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:
Victor Kros wrote:like Knight Jets which I put up a thread on where Mark wanted KITT to go underwater like a sub. ;)

=VK=
Yep, that was by Mark Jones, who also worked on The A-Team, and produced the first few Season 4 shows. Would have been interesting, but it's an example of how far-out some of the ideas were getting. I would have been intrigued to see the "jet tractors" though.
but the problem is remember ki2t haven always been afraid of flying

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:00 am

james olden wrote:but the problem is remember ki2t haven always been afraid of flying
Oh, that old thing. Just Bonnie's fear, floating around as a few bytes of data. The show has offered up a number of resolves for it.

1-Make Kitt fly. Just like how Kitt got over the fear of performing anything dangerous after being dropped into the toxic liquid pit, making Kitt actually fly...not just dropped out an airplane with a parachute or dropping off a cliff with a parachute...controlled flight, could be enough to conquer the fear. (if the writers will it so.)

2-Patch. We know that cards can be placed into ports under the dash. A simple hardware upgrade with the right program could counter this fear, easily enough.

3-Turn a dial. For that fact, Bonnie's special touch could just rotate a dial and ease Kitt's mind set...like when she was brainwashed to obey Gramm Doh'Bill. (Or, whatever his name really was.)

4-Hackerz. Smart, computer geniuses and ex-employees had a knack for coming out of the woodworks and defeating Kitt on his home turf by gaining access via the all mighty RF frequency. Seeing as how Kitt couldn't turn off the in-dash receiver to tune them out...

5-Talking. Michael could probably just tell him to stop fearing flight. So mote it be.