In retrospect, should KR2008 have been given a 2nd season?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

In retrospect, should KR2008 have been given a 2nd season?

Post by Skav » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:00 pm

Now that time has gone by, we have all calmed down from the news that the show has been cancelled and have digested this, should it have really been given another chance?

Opinions?
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nicholas Knight
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: In retrospect, should KR2008 have been given a 2nd seaso

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:25 pm

IMO, yes. It had it's problems, but at the end of the series, they managed to get on track. I believe they could've handled the second season easily. Could've started merchandising, and brought in the Hoff and let him be involved (imagine if Garthe returned!!!!) and even let him direct a couple of episodes. It was slowly evolving into the Kr we have grown to love........
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

KevinD
Volunteer

Post by KevinD » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Absolutely!!While not as good as the original.It was still a very entertaning show.The show actually had pretty decent ratings.Its not like NBC replaced it with anything worthwhile anyways.It was just hitting its stride.Im sure if NBC gave the show a fighting chance we would have had a very exciting and enternaning show to watch every week. :kitt: :karr:

knightbrazil
Recruit

Post by knightbrazil » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:56 pm

sure... they´re going to the right way, to the classic knight rider way... didn´t have enough time to get better rates. Our KITT, certainly, would ride again. :cry:

GOLDENEYE
Volunteer

Post by GOLDENEYE » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:53 pm

I think Knight Rider 08 should have stayed. I’m pissed off they took it off the air fast. It was better than the crap that’s on NBC, and it was getting good.
Last edited by Matthew on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Turn off the caps lock please.

Bryan KITT Fan
Volunteer

Post by Bryan KITT Fan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Yeah I agree. That last episode was the perfect setup for the series we were hoping it would become. I always wondered why Ford didn't step up to make this happen? It was a great vehicle (pardon the pun) for their products.

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:05 pm

In all honesty - while there were some minor problems that needed ironing out, the series had so much potential and the signs were there in the aftermath of KITT vs KARR round 3 that they were heading in a much more familiar direction as the first Michael & KITT did in G1.

Especially with the events of Exit Light enter Knight, I mean that was an amazing episode and showed that SG had more than enough merit to be renewed for a 2nd Season. But we shall never know.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

knightrider4evr
Stranger

Post by knightrider4evr » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:30 am

Yes, I believe they axed a great show. the networks seem to be doing this a lot. they need to give KR 2008 another go!!!!!!!

ah...FORD STILL STANDS...WHERE IS PONTIAC? SHUT DOWN! CLOSED, but ford never needed any help any way, and that is besides the point....LET'S SEE KR BACK ON NBC!!! if not there, then may another network have the galls to run it!!!!
Last edited by Matthew on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merging Posts.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:13 pm

it can be brought back keep if they keep buying the kr2008 dvds like what happen with family guy that show was cancelled for over a year then the dvd sales brought the show back.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Vincent
Recruit

Post by Vincent » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:36 am

In retrospect, yes, NBC should have granted KR2008 a second season. IMO, GST had realised that his original format failed and tried to put it right. Following its mid-season reboot, it had returned to its old roots, the ratings had appeared to be recovering, only for NBCU to pull the plug on it.

Though the odds are slim at best, sufficiently high DVD sales could allow for a second series to be made.

kittmicrojam
Volunteer

Post by kittmicrojam » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:11 am

My question is" Why not give the show a try on SYFY?" It's owned by NBCU. They ran Stargate into the ground.
Try something new. Knight Rider! They had a huge hit with Battel Star Galactica & now Caprica.
Go with a new cast & go back to the roots of the show. One man can make a difference.
Look, they have to know by now how huge the fan base is & that the marketing could be huge!

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:27 pm

the problem is i herd everyones contract with the show is up that would have to ask them again to be on the show but how many dvd sales have been sold so far ???? i herd if its over a million its possible it will get the netwoks attention.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Definatly!
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

NN7
Stranger

Post by NN7 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:21 pm

I think they should have made a 2nd season. I really liked the show, it had nice comedy/humour elements in the characters interactions (Mike-Sarah / Zoe- Billy/ Mike-KITT) that created a nice ambience/atmosphere. KITT's transformations were cool, but I prefer the "nano effect" that was seen in the pilot movie instead of the "transformers" one seen in the series. They also should have kept KITT's "attack mode" tuning from the pilot movie, it was the best looking one and the more subtle, the "attack mode" setup seen in the series was ugly IMO. Some people complained about the whole KARR transformers thing, I didn't really care because although it was a bit ridiculous to see KARR with Optimus Prime voice from Transformers,it all ended in one episode. Last but not least, they should have focused in developing MIke's relationship with Sarah instead of having him flirting with other girls LOL

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:01 pm

I was kind of shocked myself when the news came that it wasn't returning.

I watched it along with my mum, she enjoyed it too and sumed up what I think is a good outlook that it's nice to watch something that isnt all dark, gloom and doom, anyone can sit and watch Knight Rider and enjoy the ride for what it is, entertainment, my mum was more of a Miami Vice and Equalizer fan, but enjoyed the new KR allot as did I.

We looked forward to it every Thursday night when it was airing, but gutted when it was announced that it wasnt coming back.

Why it got the can so quick?, dont know.

The Bionic Woman remake with British actress Michelle Ryan was cancelled after a handful of episodes and depsite a very positive response here in the UK it got the can very quick.

They kept Heroes going even though Season 2 was just plain awful and disasterous, Season 3 was slightly better but still they gave it a fourth run before cancelling it.

It does appear they just gave up and dropped the axe on the Knight Rider show, I thought it showed great potential, I loved every episode and thought it was getting better especially towards the end, getting back to the roots of the original.

Seems to be the thing now, even the slightest twitch and your out, funny that, think of all the money spent on developing the script, pre-production, casting, production, post, all that money invested into the thing, and then boom thats it.

The same thing happend to Terminator, season one was fantastic, but it got caught right smack in the middle of the writers strike, so it finished early, only 9 episodes I think for the first run, the studio gave it another season after the strike was all settled.

Now the first few of season 2 was incredible, but then got weird towards the end only to pull back and get better right at the end, then they got cancelled too.

I think KR should have got another season, yes by all means the studio sit everyone down and evaulate that entire year and then say Season 2 is your make or break, you made changes that seem to be working, now continue to improve on that and see what the 2nd run brings. I think it was very unfair that everyone involved didnt get the oppertunity to get a 2nd Season and see what they really could do now that they had a first year under their belt.

Shame, it had so much potential.
Michael Knight: "KITT is the worlds greatest automobile"

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:22 pm

I agreee that KR2008 should've been given another season-It could happen. Put it on Syfy, and it could work. They need it-OH DO THEY NEED IT!!! Stargate:Universe just got Cancelled, I heard at One time they wanted a New Star Trek Series(which they need, too, Considering the High Ratings they get for ST:TNG AND ST:ENTERPRISE)...They need a lot of Help, and KNIGHT RIDER would get them the Viewers. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY! :good: :kittconv: :kittconv: :kittconv: :good: :good: :good:

New KITT
Volunteer

Post by New KITT » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:39 am

It definedly should have been given a second season. It a shame, that KITT 2008 stopped.
-New KITT-

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:29 pm

Bryan KITT Fan wrote:I always wondered why Ford didn't step up to make this happen? It was a great vehicle (pardon the pun) for their products.
I shall always remember another car show, Viper, for it's longevity. And, I'll always believe it was Dodge's doing for that life span. (After all, the show went from NBC to private run to a midnight show to a time slot, even later.)