Question about KARR

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TurboBoostMan
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Question about KARR

Post by TurboBoostMan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:53 pm

I am a little confused. Is the KARR from KR 2008 different from the KARR from KR 1982? Or is he an updated version of the KR 1982 KARR?
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

Alex
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Question about KARR

Post by Alex » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:20 pm

It's a more updated model car now.

Alex

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:50 pm

TurboBoostMan wrote:I am a little confused. Is the KARR from KR 2008 different from the KARR from KR 1982? Or is he an updated version of the KR 1982 KARR?
- Actually they never specified if it was the original KARR or some new project that happened to be named KARR. Yet another nod to their crappy writing but if I were a gambling man, I would say it was some "other" version of KARR and not the one from KITT vs. KARR. Aside from Cullen's voice (which would make no sense), there's no indication that the new KARR has any relation to the latter since it began as a Mustang.

=VK=
:dash:

Irony
Rookie

Post by Irony » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:39 pm

This KACRRE has as much to do with KARR as the replicas seen in the pilot have to do with KI2T. They put it there and hope that the fans would be happy with the reference. :(
Intelligence is the right of all free beings

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Victor Kros wrote:
TurboBoostMan wrote:I am a little confused. Is the KARR from KR 2008 different from the KARR from KR 1982? Or is he an updated version of the KR 1982 KARR?
- Actually they never specified if it was the original KARR or some new project that happened to be named KARR. Yet another nod to their crappy writing but if I were a gambling man, I would say it was some "other" version of KARR and not the one from KITT vs. KARR. Aside from Cullen's voice (which would make no sense), there's no indication that the new KARR has any relation to the latter since it began as a Mustang.

=VK=
Thnx. that really cleared things up.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:17 pm

I remember seeing the "Every Hero Has a Nemesis...." commercial and hoped there would be a sensible storyline which the Original KARR's motherboard from KVK would be used to make the new "KARR". Not have Mike Tracuer driving the prototype in IRAQ to get....um.....his mind erased. This kinda makes me wish they had an alternate pilot ep for the series. But unfortunately the "wonderful" writers leave all the fans saying WTF......
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:51 pm

actually Irony, there was no C in the new acronym for KARR, the new acronym was KARRE, which stood for Knight Automated Roving Robot Exoskeleton, but; they got rid of the E by the time Knight To King's Pawn aired, so it was back down to KARR as the acronym.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:09 am

Kal-el4 wrote:actually Irony, there was no C in the new acronym for KARR, the new acronym was KARRE, which stood for Knight Automated Roving Robot Exoskeleton, but; they got rid of the E by the time Knight To King's Pawn aired, so it was back down to KARR as the acronym.
- Actually, it stands for "Knight Auto-Cybernetic Roving Robotic-Exoskeleton" in Knight of the Living Dead.. "Auto-cybernetic" I could see passing as one word, Robotic-Exoskeleton not so much (hence K.A.R.R.E.)

They tried to be clever by adding hyphens to the original words (to get K.A.R.R.) and then in some bizzare attempt to rebound from such obsurdity threw in a line where only Billy correctly referred to KARR only once as the "Knight Automated Roving Robot" in Knight to King's Pawn. Let's call a spade a spade here.

=VK=

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:48 am

Either way you look at it, it was badass, unlike KITT it didn't back down from a fight, and I would want to drive it.

:karr: Image

Irony
Rookie

Post by Irony » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:09 am

He might be badass but I refuse to refer to him as KARR. Just like KI3T is not the same as KI2T.

Sybaris
Volunteer

Post by Sybaris » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:41 am

They should have called KARR(E), KRAP

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:05 am

Sybaris wrote:They should have called KARR(E), KRAP
K.R.A.P. - Knight Registrated Automated Prototype

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:43 pm

One thing about the Knight to Kings Pawn ep that puzzled me is how Torres "died". WHAT KILLED HIM? It seems like KI3T used the grappling hook and....er.......ripped him outta KARR(E). He rolled like dice on the ground... :lol: . But seriously, did KARR's link ups were supposed to injure him like that? It kinda is strange to say, but it looked like KI3T actually killed Torres.......

Samborghini
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Samborghini » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:20 pm

I heard somewhere quite possibly on a fanfiction page that the new KARR is infact the original KARR who's circuitry was recovered by Dr Graiman and re-built as an exoskeleton prototype. Very possibly fiction but I always ahve this question if a perfectly good AI is built (KITT) then it would make no sense for Dr Graiman to mess up and create another KARR when he already knows the original wasn't perfect.
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:05 pm

I feel two things contributed to Torre's death. 1. he was connected to KARR via the cables, ripping him out caused trauma. 2. he hit the ground and rolled like a ragdoll, this is what killed him, the fall from such a height caused the fatal blow.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:42 pm

If that was so, shouldn't KI3T known not to let Mike use the grappling hook? I remember when I first saw that, I was like "yeah, good idea to free Torres first." Then when I saw the way he hit the ground and it was like " Uh.....Oops....I don't think that was supposed to happen." Maybe KI3T's scanners weren't fully operational, or just plain bad writers for the story (probably), but it was interesting nonetheless.

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Having KARR transform into a robot, pretty out there. But so was the transformation program
on KITT. Having Peter Cullen as the voice was cool. Cullen offered the sinister element. The
whole KARR and driver as one thing was okay, I suppose, in a freaky whackado sorta way.
It was done on TKR, in the "KRO" episode. Too bad there weren't any interior shots. Btw
I think they used silver stripes on KARR. Right or wrong?

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:15 pm

Think of KARR as a prototype and proof of concept for KITTs transformation modes, protocol and programming. KARR was built to serve as a DOD battlesuit for soldiers, failed, and then Graiman decided to build off of KARRs transformation tech to make KITT.

Irony
Rookie

Post by Irony » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:17 am

Knight94 wrote:The whole KARR and driver as one thing was okay, I suppose, in a freaky whackado sorta way.
It was done on TKR, in the "KRO" episode.
The driver thing was good idea that could have worked very well with everybody except for KARR. Especially with the gossip that this KAcRRE is the same as the old KARR.... yes the one who ejected his saviour driver in the middle of a police circle to loose wight. KRO would have been a better choice for this idea, while KARR could have had some other reasons to show up.
Now, seriously. Imagine KARR beng told that his new driver (his partner, his other half, his human component for whom he would long for) is the son of Michael Knight. He would sooner commit suicide than agree to that.

On the other hand KRO would have been a much better choice for this driver story. I would have loved the episode, I think. It woud have made the character somewhat a tragic hero....

Oh my gash. Having KRO as Mike's first car and partner, and having KARR as a returning character in some other episode would have been so good. Thank you for the idea!