Any idea what happened to all the planned Fan films?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Any idea what happened to all the planned Fan films?

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:03 pm

As I recall they were a few planned Knight Rider fan films like those made for Trek, Stargate, Star Wars etc. Did any of them ever materialize or did they all fizzle away?
Just curious...

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Any idea what happened to all the planned Fan films?

Post by chrisjones » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:38 am

In short, yes. I had someone contacting me regarding stuntwork for one then it all went quiet.
I think people like the grand idea of movie making then when they learn what's involved they change their mind!
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

hoffman95
Operative

Post by hoffman95 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:33 pm

:kittconv:

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:07 pm

hoffman95 wrote:THIS Happened to them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1sS1TmXF38
For a second I thought that was going to be an actual fan film hahaha
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:29 pm

chrisjones wrote:In short, yes. I had someone contacting me regarding stuntwork for one then it all went quiet.
I think people like the grand idea of movie making then when they learn what's involved they change their mind!
Which is tons of money, especially for fan film of the kind that would involve a K.R film. Even if fans loaned their KR08 and TOS KR replicas and the voice module replicas and so on, the action filming would probably involve having to pay a hefty sum just to get free use for shooting an scene on a road I mean you cannot just go begin to race down a highway and shoot, well you could but you'd probably get in hot water with the authorities so fast your head would spin. Is too bad really but it seems that unlike the other franchises mentioned which can rely heavily on CG and basically props and wardrobe. The nature of K.R makes it nearly impossible for anyone to make any kind of fan film as much as they'd love too. So I guess this avenue is buried as well. Is too bad, unless somebody really wealthy steps to the plate such a fan film cannot and will never happen. :(