Knight Rider persona for Firefox 3.6!

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider persona for Firefox 3.6!

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:12 am

Hey guys,

As I downloaded the new Firefox 3.6 today I got presented with a new feature that enables you to change the appearance (or theme if you will) of your Mozilla Firefox browser. While browsing the gallery I noticed a Knight Rider persona available for download!

To download the persona, follow this link:

http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/74225" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please note! Firefox 3.6 has been reported to be unstable in terms of security holes. While the persona is a cool feature be aware that upgrading your browser might come with a risk of allowing viruses and spam in your system. I'm using it anyways; nevertheless, be careful until the next upgrade is available.

Enjoy!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Skav
FLAG Operative

Re: Knight Rider persona for Firefox 3.6!

Post by Skav » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:59 am

Thanks for that, wearing it now! :good:
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:31 pm

You're welcome!

Here's more:

http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/galler ... search.y=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks for the link, found an Old School Knight Rider persona for my browser to wear :) Never before tried any other than the default theme so this is new to me, Knight Rider makes me try new things :D
Now, is there KITT voicebox visualization (TOS 3 LED bar one) for Windows Mediaplayer... :P

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:57 pm

OMG that is awesome,I think Ill wait tho at least until the security is better :) ,still awesome tho :D :good:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by simon_a6 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Hey guys,

As I downloaded the new Firefox 3.6 today I got presented with a new feature that enables you to change the appearance (or theme if you will) of your Mozilla Firefox browser. While browsing the gallery I noticed a Knight Rider persona available for download!

To download the persona, follow this link:

http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/74225" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please note! Firefox 3.6 has been reported to be unstable in terms of security holes. While the persona is a cool feature be aware that upgrading your browser might come with a risk of allowing viruses and spam in your system. I'm using it anyways; nevertheless, be careful until the next upgrade is available.

Enjoy!
No no no..... we want a REAL Knight Rider persona, not the new Val Kilmer version.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue May 18, 2010 3:15 pm

I agree, but some of us don't... how should I put this, hate KR08.

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by simon_a6 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Even William Daniels has never seen an episode. And DH said it just wasn't great.
That says it all for me. Both KITT and MK didn't think much of it or never ever saw it.

haha.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue May 18, 2010 3:43 pm

William Daniels wasn't even asked to reprise his role as the voice of Kitt. Hasselhoff came along with an idea to bring Knight Rider back and he posed the idea of him being the one to take on the role as Devon. The network; however, showed less than no interest in him nor the idea for the script he presented. They just wanted to bring Knight Rider back and we all know how that went. If you ask anyone from TOS, they would say either of two things: They've seen it but thought it was weak in most parts or they never bothered with it.
Why? Because they were ignored and the network assigned a bunch of new comers to bring everything that they've worked for down. Credit was only given to Glen A. Larson and that was a strict legal issue. If they would have been granted full access to this production I'm pretty sure they would leave out Larson from the credits as well.