spin off series of knight rider

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

donaldellis
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

spin off series of knight rider

Post by donaldellis » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Do any one know if any of the spin off series of knight rider will be released on dvd in the near future?

adrianna
Recruit

Re: spin off series of knight rider

Post by adrianna » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:36 am

I am sure it is already out...
:kittconv: :D
---------------------
SEAN: Who's driving?!
KI3T: I am.
SEAN: Forget the driving, who's talking?!!!!
KI3T: I am, you may call me KITT...
----------------------

HILARIOUS! :kittconv:

3rings
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by 3rings » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:21 pm

It's already out if you're meaning KR2008, All Universal needs to do is bring Team Knight Rider out which is what I want. :kitt: :good:

donaldellis
Volunteer

Post by donaldellis » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:09 pm

I do not mean knight rider 2008,i mean the other series like team knight rider,etc.

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Don't forget about the original spin off of Knight Rider... Code of Vengeance. But I don't think there were enough of these to warrant a DVD release.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:33 pm

What Universal should do is put Team Knight Rider on DVD in the US. I saw once on a site that TKR was available on DVD Oveseas. Hey, Universal....PUT TKR ON DVD IN THE U.S.!!!!! It is an American show, you know!!! :good:

donaldellis
Volunteer

Post by donaldellis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:17 pm

can anyone tell me why a movie would be call knight rider 2010 and not have anything to due with the knight rider with kitt and all that we know of?Do anyone know if it is avaiable on dvd?

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:51 am

It's not available on dvd in the US... legally.

My guess is they were just trying to do something with the brand that was a little different. It did have the lone crusader driving a car that could talk but other than that it was it's own thing. Making money off a branding that people recognize is nothing new to the world of tv and movies.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Knight Rider 2010 was also not exclusively done by Universal Television (Action Pack) but was also produced and distributed by Columbia Pictures - making it difficult to release on dvd as both companies must agree to do so in the US. Given its poor reception by fans, I wouldn't gamble on it happening.

=VK=
:dash:

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:31 am

Until we get the huge general public intrest the likes of whats been seen for NuBSG in the US and Doctor Who in the UK the spin-offs will remain stuck in the vaults and you'll only be able to get hold of them from less ligitimate sources.

If KR took of in a big way again somehow then you'd be able to get everthing contected to it on DVD as the companies tried to cash in on the success, but you'll probably have to wait till at least 2012 for even a chance of that.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:58 am

Code: Select all

Knight Rider 2010 was also not exclusively done by Universal Television (Action Pack) but was also produced and distributed by Columbia Pictures - making it difficult to release on dvd as both companies must agree to do so in the US. Given its poor reception by fans, I wouldn't gamble on it happening.
Interesting because CIC Video released the Movie in different Countrys of Europe like Poland or Germany on VHS...
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:30 pm

I've tried for Years to figure out what KR:2010s link to Knight Rider beside having KR in the Name. The Best thing about this film is that it helped the career of Hudson Leick-A Smokin' HOT Actress, and is known as Callisto to Xena:Warrior Princess and Hercules:the Legendary Journeys fans. :good: :good: :good: :good:

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:12 am

Hey :good:

Answer for this is easy. There is a never produced script what they never use for Knight Rider 2010 what a shame is. Go to.

http://www.knightriderarchive.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is the area Knight Rider 2010 and there go to scripts. There you can find the not produced script for the first Idea of KR2010. They took the movie away from that idea what I dont understand. But thats what life is

Josch
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:15 pm

It's because Action Pack had to fight in court for the rights to go ahead with the original script. They pretty much lost rights to everything but the name. And so, we got a Mad Max type universe with a KR-like glaze.

It was for the best that KR2010 was the final episode of Action Pack...right before it reformulated into Hercules/Tek Wars/...and something else.