Should Syfy pick up Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Should Syfy pick up Knight Rider?

Yes.
97%
No.
2%
Don't care.
2%

Total votes: 60

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Re: Should Syfy pick up Knight Rider?

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:26 am

Knight007 wrote:any thing to bring our show back on TV, yes they should :good: Image :kitt:
At this point given the fact that all the cast have moved on to other projects all that would happen is it would just become another syndicated re-run on Syfy like Enterprise and tons of others Syfy run in the same fashion and maybe just maybe latter down the line if they are able to get the cast back together a made for TV movie airing on Syfy but the show as we knew it? No...

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:46 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Knight007 wrote:any thing to bring our show back on TV, yes they should :good: Image :kitt:
At this point given the fact that all the cast have moved on to other projects all that would happen is it would just become another syndicated re-run on Syfy like Enterprise and tons of others Syfy run in the same fashion and maybe just maybe latter down the line if they are able to get the cast back together a made for TV movie airing on Syfy but the show as we knew it? No...
Punk, I agree with you. People don't seem to understand that it's gone. There's this false hope because no official cancellation was given, and that because it's showing oversees NOW, that there's a slight slight slight chance it MIGHT come back. The truth of the matter is exactly as you have stated it.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:15 am

Absolutely, as long as they don't do to it what they did to Sliders.

However, seeing how Stargate went after they got that from Showtime, I have faith they could keep the show true to its roots.

rtrout2000
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by rtrout2000 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:08 pm

YES! I do think that Knight Rider should try again, It should have not been cut in the first place. Yes I agree one of the main issues is that It has such a high budget, but other shows that are much more stupid, or worthless, have high budgets more than their worth and are kept. This is a show that will always have a struggle in the beginning to make it due to the budget, it's a high tech futuristic show. The thing is it needs to be toned down a little and not so way out there and then it would survive with a lower budget. If NBC were so smart then they would have been able to do just this and kept it, again it has a big enough fan base and audience to support it or we would not even still be on here. So over all, yes, a 2nd year is possible if things are a little more slower and done wiser without blowing the budget all up front. I wish it well, and hope to see it happen.

by the way my post isn't directed toward anyone's post so please don't "attack" me... LOL :wink: :good:

:spmgo:

Agapetos
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Agapetos » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:00 am

I vote yes to have the new Knight Rider on SYFY. I do how ever know for a fact that it will never happen seeing how NBC is the owner of SYFY. Kight Rider is a dead show. R.I.P. KITT. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:18 am

If NBC is the owner of SYFI how does that make any difference?
Shows are transfered to different networks all the time!
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]