ki2t top speed at super pursuit mode

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

In Super Pursuit Mode, which of these do you believe is KITT's approximate top speed?

300mph
55%
420mph
45%

Total votes: 38

rwmu
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: ki2t top speed at super pursuit mode

Post by rwmu » Wed May 13, 2009 4:11 pm

weeezl thats probably the most sensible answer on this whole thread :good:
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Re: I HAVE THE DEFINITIVE ANSWER ON KITTS TOP SPEED

Post by Sue » Wed May 13, 2009 4:23 pm

weeezl wrote:There isn't one :D
He He, thanks I needed a laugh. :good:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu May 14, 2009 6:08 pm

*Forgive me if someone already mentioned this*

Heres something else to take into account. Could the materials used in road construction at the time the show was aired be able to cope with a vehicle of KITT's weight traveling over it at the speeds we are currently discussing and would this ultimately effect the proposed figures...?
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:15 pm

K.I.T.T.'s top speed only exsists in your head :mrgreen:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu May 14, 2009 8:27 pm

CJaguar442 wrote:K.I.T.T.'s top speed only exsists in your head :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
*Hands CJaguar a flower*
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu May 14, 2009 10:42 pm

The fluff in this thread gets annoying sometimes. If people think it's a silly topic, aren't interested and/or simply want to make a joke of the topic, why bother even posting in the thread at all? What's the point of a message board if we don't analyze or admire aspects of the show for fun no matter how insignificant people think they are?

Anyway, to sum up my point of view (especially since some good posts may have gotten overlooked in the midst of the B.S. that went down in this thread), K.I.T.T.'s speedometer says he can go up to 300 M.P.H. His highest actual seen speed was 300 M.P.H. Michael Scheffe designed the dashboard to say 300 M.P.H. and had K.I.T.T.'s top speed being 250-300 in mind (whether he was joking or not) as he designed the dash.

Michael Pajaro also made an excellent point which I intended to bring up but forgot about, which was that just because we've never actually seen K.I.T.T. do something doesn't mean he's capable of doing it or not capable of doing it. However, I go with the mentality of the burden of proof. If we saw K.I.T.T. travel at 300 M.P.H. (especially with it happening to be the top speed on his dash), it proves he can travel that fast and until he goes 301 M.P.H. or above, as far as I'm concerned it's 300.

It becomes a question of where to draw the line between what K.I.T.T. can theoretically do and what he has been proven to do. As Michael said, K.I.T.T. hasn't driven up a wall, so does that mean he can do it but we've just never seen it? Or does that mean he can't? K.I.T.T. hasn't grown wings, but does that mean he wouldn't be capable of growing some and flying away? What I'm getting at here is since there's no definitive answer as to where the line is between actual evidence, circumstancial evidence, theory, or a literal take on the Knight Rider Bible's words, I think all we can go by is what's proven. (It's not hard to see how actual real religions are subjected to similar debates.)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri May 15, 2009 1:34 pm

Lost Knight wrote:The fluff in this thread gets annoying sometimes. If people think it's a silly topic, aren't interested and/or simply want to make a joke of the topic, why bother even posting in the thread at all? What's the point of a message board if we don't analyze or admire aspects of the show for fun no matter how insignificant people think they are?

Anyway, to sum up my point of view (especially since some good posts may have gotten overlooked in the midst of the B.S. that went down in this thread), K.I.T.T.'s speedometer says he can go up to 300 M.P.H. His highest actual seen speed was 300 M.P.H. Michael Scheffe designed the dashboard to say 300 M.P.H. and had K.I.T.T.'s top speed being 250-300 in mind (whether he was joking or not) as he designed the dash.

Michael Pajaro also made an excellent point which I intended to bring up but forgot about, which was that just because we've never actually seen K.I.T.T. do something doesn't mean he's capable of doing it or not capable of doing it. However, I go with the mentality of the burden of proof. If we saw K.I.T.T. travel at 300 M.P.H. (especially with it happening to be the top speed on his dash), it proves he can travel that fast and until he goes 301 M.P.H. or above, as far as I'm concerned it's 300.

It becomes a question of where to draw the line between what K.I.T.T. can theoretically do and what he has been proven to do. As Michael said, K.I.T.T. hasn't driven up a wall, so does that mean he can do it but we've just never seen it? Or does that mean he can't? K.I.T.T. hasn't grown wings, but does that mean he wouldn't be capable of growing some and flying away? What I'm getting at here is since there's no definitive answer as to where the line is between actual evidence, circumstancial evidence, theory, or a literal take on the Knight Rider Bible's words, I think all we can go by is what's proven. (It's not hard to see how actual real religions are subjected to similar debates.)
- Well said.

=VK=
:dash:

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Fri May 15, 2009 1:53 pm

The thing is Lost Knight sometimes these kinds of threads get very intense and its good to step back into reality and take a breath before diving back into the fray.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

.:!FILDA!:.
Operative
Location: Jirikov, Usti region, Czech Repubilc (Jiříkov, Ústecký kraj, Česká Republika)

Post by .:!FILDA!:. » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:44 am

Hi guys, so what is truth about KI2T top speed? Is maximum something about 300 mph (482.803 kph).
And KI3T have maximum speed 377 mph (606.723 kph).
Please excuse my english, I'm still learning. Thanks!
!!! FAN FROM CZECH REPUBLIC !!!

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Y'all do know that a speedometer's limit isn't an accurate representation of what a car's top speed actually is right? My truck had a 120 speedo, but was electronically limited to 96MPH. Now, given that KITT is not a regular production car, it could be said that Bonnie wouldn't put a 300MPH speedo if KITT would never reach that. However, the speedo could be capable of reading 999MPH due to the scale used to caclulate speed, and not relative to the actual limits of the propulsion system.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ULTRASUBS
Volunteer

Post by ULTRASUBS » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:46 pm

This whole thread is crazy.................... A bunch of GROWN MEN ARGUING ABOUT TOP SPEED OF THE KNIGHT INDUSTRIES TWO THOUSAND :evil:

Now this should settle it.

As the OWNER of the Barris/ Benchwarmers/ Nick & Jessica KITT I can tell you this.
Now all the SPM stuff on my KITT was NOT finished but I can tell you that the top speed was over 300.

Just because the TOP got pegged at 300 does not mean that the read out won't keep on counting.
I did get my car to "Top Out" at about 320-325 one night and that was WITHOUT the Turbo boost.
If your going at a moderate rate then the turbo boost sends you flying but if your cruising at 250+ and you hit the turbo boost button the car will accelerate without going air born.

Their are 3rd generation T/As out there that are doing that with "regular" internal combustion engines !!!!!!
I do have to admit though that the main exhaust system will overheat after a while.

ANYBODY who disputes this is WELCOMED to come here (NY) and go for a ride.

Thanks,

Lambros Vassiliou
SI NY

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:11 pm

Did regular cars and Trans Ams go over 300 M.P.H. in 1986? What cars are capable of today is completely irrelevant (even old souped-up ones).

We never saw the speedometer exceed 300. So while K.I.T.T. could theoretically have been traveling at over 300 M.P.H., nobody can prove it. All we have to go by is what the speedometer said, and it only even reached 300 in a single episode whereas it typically reached between 260-280 when Super Pursuit Mode was used.

If K.I.T.T. could exceed 300 M.P.H., I'm sure we would've at least seen the speedometer hit that mark more regularly on the show, or at least more than once. In Seasons 1 & 2, I'm all but certain there were occasions (besides the opening credit sequence) where K.I.T.T.'s speedometer broke the 200 M.P.H. mark even though that was said top speed. If it could break the limit on the old dashboard and some argue that K.I.T.T. could break 300 with the new dashboard, we should easily see 301+ M.P.H. if he was indeed exceeding it.

Oh, and condescending attitudes aren't necessary. It's a message board; this is the entire point of one!

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:14 am

I dont know if anyone already said this or not, but we only see KITT's spedometer go up to 300 MPH. But actually in the episode, "Goliath", when KITT and Michael ram into Goliath, attempting to take out his front right tire, and the KITT flips over and is terribly destroyed, (poor KITT) and then KITT flips over, and they start driving in the desert, KITT tells Michael that their speed was 310 MPH. And that wasnt even in Super Pursuit Mode, because that episode is in Season 2 and SPM came in Season 4.

:spm:
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

ex812
Recruit

Post by ex812 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:49 am

I seriously hope that the guy saying his car tops out at over 300 is joking or atleast I hope he doesn't expect of to believe that. On another note the Top speed of the original KITT Season 1/2 was 232MPH. I believe it was referenced in the KITT KIT. You would constantly see KITT breaking the 200MPH barrier in the first two seasons.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:01 pm

In Burial Ground the Top Speed was 300 MPH and that was Maximum :good:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Operative
Location: Jirikov, Usti region, Czech Repubilc (Jiříkov, Ústecký kraj, Česká Republika)

Post by .:!FILDA!:. » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:13 pm

Yes, I think too that KI2T maximal speed is 300 mph (48O kph).
Please excuse my english, I'm still learning. Thanks!
!!! FAN FROM CZECH REPUBLIC !!!

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:37 pm

My friend KITT...

Let's see if you're fast...

Turbo Boost :!:

KITT!

Super Pursuit Mode :!:

Yes!

The speed is (300 mph /48O kph) :!:

Alex.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:06 am

Engine power aside, the vast majority of 'ground effect' or aero downforce would be produced by KITTS underside. Without a detailed view of the bottom of the car (stunt cars ignored) its impossible to calculate the top speed. Based on the design of SPM theres no way it would produce enough downforce to allow a KITT to travel at 300mph.

*BUT* for TV show purposes IE make believe, anything is possible. It depends which side of the fence you sit on.
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:35 pm

HELLO LADIES AND GENTS!!! IVE BEEN GONE FOR A LOOONG TIME SINCE the Davilex game days. Hey MSKEN and NEPS! if yall remember me.

anyway. It was so ,much to read but i figured that I should post this utube link.

it is kitt driving over 200+ in desert trying to beat a flight to vegas.

Kitt has the Season 1 /2 dash. As a matter of fact this episode seems like its season one just by the music alone and not 80''s ish music in the other scene's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOev3iXnsQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - 3 min version -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4P9VBG4IfY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - 2 min version

I post both cause ppl have interesting comments based on speed of kitt and new ki3t.

btw Jason1985riddims is my music page and dragonball1957 is my game page. i got some KNight rider games on it for GTA. Cant wait for msKens GAME!!!

JeremyGSU
Stranger

Post by JeremyGSU » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:12 pm

Victor Kros wrote:
Matthew wrote:-
Bonnie's mods in season three have little influence over season four because K.I.T.T. was rebuilt regardless and could not go over 200mph (under normal circumstances) until SPM was added.
According to Bonnie's figures (which KITT states), KITT would go 200mph in normal mode, and 280mph in SPM.

=VK=
:dash:

While they never actually show the speedo KITT hit over 200mph in the first season and the third season without SPM.

In season 1 episode 5, Slammin Sammy’s Stunt Show, KITT was traveling along in auto going 55 and they pass a cop. The cop chases them and then Michael hits Turbo Boost to get away and the radar gun shows 236 or 238. I can't read it before he quits clocking them but he was still accelerating.

In season 3, episode 21, Knight Strike, KITT gets trapped in a tunnel by rocks. Michael backs all the way up to the other end and again while they never show the speedo KITT states he would be going 247mph when they hit the rocks to go through on the other side. He didn't hit turbo boost until right before he went through the rocks so I assume he was already going well over 200 because he used it for jumping instead of acceleration.

These are the only two episodes I can think of.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:14 pm

JeremyGSU wrote:While they never actually show the speedo KITT hit over 200mph in the first season and the third season without SPM.

In season 1 episode 5, Slammin Sammy’s Stunt Show, KITT was traveling along in auto going 55 and they pass a cop. The cop chases them and then Michael hits Turbo Boost to get away and the radar gun shows 236 or 238. I can't read it before he quits clocking them but he was still accelerating.

In season 3, episode 21, Knight Strike, KITT gets trapped in a tunnel by rocks. Michael backs all the way up to the other end and again while they never show the speedo KITT states he would be going 247mph when they hit the rocks to go through on the other side. He didn't hit turbo boost until right before he went through the rocks so I assume he was already going well over 200 because he used it for jumping instead of acceleration.

These are the only two episodes I can think of.
Unfortunately these examples contribute absolutely nothing to the debate at hand. It's been quite established earlier in the thread that K.I.T.T. can exceed 200 M.P.H. in Normal Mode in Seasons 1 and 2 and certainly in Seasons 3 and 4 with his upgraded dashboard.

I feel it's necessary to repeat myself since it seems some prefer to overlook most of the thread so that they can repeat a point that somebody else already made.

Quite simply: K.I.T.T.'s speedometer exceeded 200 despite the speedometer's top speed showing 200 in Season 2. It's proven he could exceed the dash's top speed in those two seasons. (The only reason K.I.T.T. traveled 310 KM.P.H. in "Goliath" is because Michael used the ramjet.) It never exceeded 300 M.P.H. in Seasons 3 and 4, therefore it's not proven that K.I.T.T. could again exceed his dashboard limit. Unless that can be proven incorrect, the final answer is that K.I.T.T.'s top speed is 300 M.P.H.

JeremyGSU
Stranger

Post by JeremyGSU » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:29 pm

Lost Knight wrote: Unfortunately these examples contribute absolutely nothing to the debate at hand.
I disagree. Most of the topics discussed Kitt's speedo in itself whereas I presented a different aspect. Either way, I didn't feel like reading 4 pages of thread so I did mostly reply to pages 1 & 2.

ULTRASUBS
Volunteer

Post by ULTRASUBS » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:24 pm

Well sorry to bring this back to the TOP but I feel I must.
As the owner and new driver of one of the original cars used in the series, I found out earlier today what the official TOP SPEED of the Knight Industries 2000 is.

I got him up to 375 MPH and that was only at 92% Turbine capacity.
I would have pushed a bit harder but it his been a while since I realigned his thermal transfer conduit and even longer since I did a complete diagnostic survey of the TSS injector manifold.

After I do this I think 400 to 420 is possible.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:55 pm

ULTRASUBS wrote:Well sorry to bring this back to the TOP but I feel I must.
As the owner and new driver of one of the original cars used in the series, I found out earlier today what the official TOP SPEED of the Knight Industries 2000 is.

I would have pushed a bit harder but it his been a while since I realigned his thermal transfer conduit and even longer since I did a complete diagnostic survey of the TSS injector manifold.

yes i was right :kittside: :kitt2:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

ULTRASUBS
Volunteer

Post by ULTRASUBS » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:44 am

CJaguar442 wrote:
ULTRASUBS wrote:Well sorry to bring this back to the TOP but I feel I must.

yes i was right :kittside: :kitt2:

YES YOU WERE MY FRIEND !!!!
Now it is getting too cold out here in NY so as soon as the spring comes, I'll be sure to get an undisputed top speed for my fellow members !!!!

I really do wonder if Turbo Boost would help........ I'm sorry I forgot to mention that little detail.
The run that I made was without Turbo boost.

Thanks,