ki2t top speed at super pursuit mode

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

In Super Pursuit Mode, which of these do you believe is KITT's approximate top speed?

300mph
55%
420mph
45%

Total votes: 38

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: ki2t top speed at super pursuit mode

Post by Victor Kros » Tue May 05, 2009 9:30 pm

Matthew wrote:
Victor Kros wrote:Plausible is not confirmed so I will agree to disagree. Personally I believe if the writers or producers had intended for KITT to go over 200mph they would have written an episode in Season Three demonstrating said new abilities since they seemed to excel at coming up with more and more new things for KITT to do - it seems odd that an increase in speed earlier on wasn't pursued until Season Four.
But what you have to remember is that KITT’s exhaust and engine systems were badly damaged by the Drone Car's missile.

Exhaust and Engine Explosion

Image Image

The fact that a brand new dashboard is built with all of the new systems on it, including an extra 100mph, proves that the engine and exhaust systems were upgraded during Bonnie’s repairs, even if that fact wasn’t taken advantage of during season 3.

Speedometer Comparison

Image Image

Also, in addition to the speedometer, it must be noted that the tachometer was modified to reflect the new specifications as well, with an increase from 8000rpm to 9000rpm, providing further proof of the improvements that were made to KITT’s engine and exhaust systems.

Tachometer Comparison

Image Image

Thus, as per the evidence shown on screen, KITT’s top speed is 300mph during season 3, and 40% faster than that whilst using SPM in season 4. Of course, the image from the credits proves this fact on its own, but no ifs, ands, or buts can change the additional information that was presented to us within the show on a weekly basis. :good:

Matt
- This is still all circumstantial evidence, the FACT remains if they wanted the car to go 300mph they would have written a story to SHOW OFF the new abilities. You can't call this confirmed, sorry. The evidence isn't strong enough. They might have had the abilities in place but they were never UTILIZED and as per the references in the Knight Rider Bible - where all episodes BEGAN, I still cannot agree with your assesment.

The only thing you proved is what I've already said in the first place, the producers and writers were thinking ahead with their new dash design. Speed was not one of KITT's featured upgrades or KITT would have pointed it out to Michael like he did in Knight of the Juggernaut. Granted I agree the engine had to be rebuilt and whatnot but it had to be rebuilt again in the Season Four anyway? So really what is the point of having the extra rpms and mph if you NEVER USE IT?

Again the mods to the dash are a continuity error at best. It's like in Knight Rider: The Series when you see SKI MODE listed in KITT's abilities and yet we never saw it used until he fights KARR(E) and if it weren't for MKF fighting to see it, we wouldn't have seen it used at all - same difference - planning ahead only in this case, said planned abilities were not used until a whole other season later.

As I stated before and you've yet to disprove is that the point of SPM in Season Four was to show K.I.T.T. could go faster than he could before - just like with people and their cars, you mod them to handle better and go FASTER.

It's clearly established that KITT could not exceed 200mph on a normal basis which is why they decided to create a system (SPM) that would allow people to believe he could achieve speeds upwards of 300mph and a braking system (EBS) to safely stop. Even if you continue to believe he could go 300mph, that is his LIMIT. He's never been shown to exceed that mark and its likely because even the fastest nascar F-1 racer can only handle gripping and turning/banking on the track up to 268mph.

There is no way in hell K.I.T.T. can remain on the road at 420mph, it's physically impossible. The only cars that can achieve this are rocket cars and those travel in straight lines just like *gasp* dragsters which is what the Attack KITT was based off of. KITT clearly has to make turns while traveling along the highway and street corners.

So I'm sorry but no. It's PLASUABLE that KITT could go 300mph in Season Three even if they NEVER SHOWED or none of the characters even MENTIONED it, it's BUSTED that he could reach 420mph. Attack KITT couldn't even go that fast, it peaks at 377mph.

It is only PLAUSABLE that KITT can go 300mph in Season Three because of the DASH reference, that's the only evidence there is to make it plausible otherwise it would be entirely busted at this point.

You've got two frames of examples vs. a truckload of evidence against it. You're talking about something that has been shown once or twice at best (if you count Goliath) only vs. other facts that have been consistantly proven to remain true, featured, and consistantly repeated throughout the latter end of the series. A dash addition that has never been utilized or referenced directly is just eye candy at best. Again I state what's the point of having installed a new feature that you never actually use? It doesn't add up and someone as smart as Bonnie or KITT would have informed Michael of EVERY feature she installed into KITT just like they did in Knight of the Juggernaut.

I fail to believe that Bonnie in the entirety of Season Three would never tell Michael that K.I.T.T. can now safely go faster than 200mph. Her persona would have leaped at the chance to show off her new gadgets - that's why she wanted to keep Michael out of the back while she was repairing K.I.T.T. to show off her new additions when the time was right. Unfortunately for her, she didn't get that luxury and KITT had to tell Michael. Just like he did again in Knight of the Juggernaut. - there's a consistancy of writing there.

In order to buy into your claims that KITT could go 300mph in Season Three (and apparently not know about it) you're asking fans to believe Bonnie is dumber than she appears to be and that would break her character traits. You are also asking fans to believe K.I.T.T. would never be intelligent enough to mention his new found abilities to Michael. It's a well known FACT, K.I.T.T. consistantly showed off his new features to Michael whenever Bonnie would install them.

I just don't see it.

As far as I'm concerned this myth debate is over.

KITT going 300mph in Season Three - PLAUSABLE (based only on ONE dash reference)

KITT going 420mph in any incarnation of Knight Rider - BUSTED

KITT's top speed overall - 300mph - CONFIRMED

=VK=
:dash:

rwmu
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by rwmu » Wed May 06, 2009 1:04 am

Game to Matt I think.

Matt has proved with images from the show that KITT was capable of the speeds talked about in the earlier posts. Victor has failed to provided any actual evidece against it.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

KITTvsKARR1995
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR1995 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:57 am

In the GTA: SA Knight Rider mod v.0.2 the topspeed with SPM is 420 km/h.
So.....
Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world, the world..... of the Knight Rider

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Wed May 06, 2009 6:52 am

Unfortunately we've now got a problem of Units.

420 KPH is only 252 MPH so I think that just adds more confusion to the mix
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed May 06, 2009 7:33 am

There are no problems, only solutions and they've already been discussed. You either believe that KITT can go 420mph or you don't. It's really that simple all the facts, data, and theories are on the table.

As far as I am concerned, it was a worthwhile subject to explore and debate but there's nothing else to present at this point. You either accept that one or two frames of video depicting dash functions in an intro are proof enough for you to believe KITT can drive 300mph in Season Three, or you accept that he didn't in any other episode in that season and could only reach that speed using SPM in Season Four after he was rebuilt. If you believe that then it's impossible to reach 420mph.

I choose the latter option based on what I've found through researching the dvds/episodes, production, and so on.

=VK=

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Wed May 06, 2009 10:31 am

speaking of gta knight rider ive seen that on you tube is there any way we could play tt for our selves ??????????????????????????????????????
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Wed May 06, 2009 11:45 am

Victor Kros wrote:You either accept that one or two frames of video depicting dash functions in an intro are proof enough for you to believe KITT can drive 300mph in Season Three, or you accept that he didn't in any other episode in that season and could only reach that speed using SPM in Season Four after he was rebuilt. If you believe that then it's impossible to reach 420mph.
Nick,

I have to say that your refusal to acknowledge the facts that were presented on a weekly basis during season 3 and 4 is quiet telling. I have no doubt in my mind that if the images supported your assumptions, they’d be viewed as evidence of continuity, rather than continuity errors, and/or pre-planning.

Simply put, you challenged me to provide visual evidence in this thread, and whilst I conceded that I was wrong about seeing the speedometer go above 300mph, every other argument that I’ve presented has been validated, not only by said evidence, but also by the knowledge gained from four years worth of the show itself.

Speaking of which, those four years will also tell you that the intro was the only time where KITT’s speedometer was seen whilst he was accelerating in a straight line in an area where his progress was completely unimpeded.

Add to that that KITT was able to travel through the desert at 310mph with the jury-rigged ramjet in Goliath, your conclusion that 300mph is merely plausible during season 3 is flawed to the point of being nullified. This extends to season 4 as well, since the same footage of the speedometer is shown there too for the 40% to be added to.
Victor Kros wrote:As far as I'm concerned this myth debate is over.
Therefore, I agree that this debate is over, and to be fair, it’s been that way since I provided the 298mph screen shot from the season 3 intro at around 1:15pm yesterday afternoon. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed May 06, 2009 4:06 pm

Matthew,
Your "evidence" is still circumstancial at best as I have already consistantly pointed out that The Knight Rider Bible clearly states the car goes as fast as the writer's wanted it to go. The fact that you continue to neglect that fact boggles my mind added to the fact that none of the characters bothered to reference said increase in speed nor was said increase in speed showcased in any matter whatso ever short of glitches in the dash speedometer we've both agreed were flawed in earlier episodes.

The fact remains KITT was not shown traveling 300mph (under normal circumstances) until Season Four using SPM.

While you have provided numerous screencaps to validate your over 200mph claim, none of them appear in the actual EPISODES, only the intros which technically if you want to split hairs isn't part of the plot nor the characters themselves - it's just that, an opening scene. Had they bothered to convey that KITT can go over 200mph or even come close to a 300 mph mark (under normal driving circumstances or SPM) IN AN EPISODE, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

However you cannot neglect the sheer volume of evidence against the frames of video you keep relying on to support your case. I say again KITT traveling at 300mph in Season Three is PLAUSABLE only because of said frames but not confirmed.

Let's say for instance he did go 300mph in Season Three - He's completely destroyed and rebuilt in Knight of the Juggernaut in Season Four so even if he could go 300mph in the last season, the 40% increase effects his NEW setup and that apparently wasn't rigged past 300mph even with SPM - even the speed bar which you point out STILL only goes to 300mph. If they wanted him faster it would have been updated in Season Four wouldn't it? Really, it goes both ways here.

You said yourself, you never saw KITT's speedometer read over 300mph in Season Four - therefore if he can't break 300mph, how can you expect him to reach 420mph? I also pointed out the F-1 Nascar car's top speed of 268mph - another fact you neglected to mention or defend against.

Don't preach to me of victory speeches until you recognize every shred of evidence that has been presented. Clearly it's open to interpretation but neither you or I can win this dicussion in a difinative manner.

There are too many other varibles that get in the way of a clearly defined answer.

=VK=

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Thu May 07, 2009 1:35 am

I hope you never go into law VK .

Photographic proof (or screen shots in this case) is not circumstantial evidence, your evidence is circumstantial since you've own talked about it not shown it, we haven't seen scans for the pages in the series bible or screen shots of the speedos from the episodes you listed.

The one screen shot shows 298mph with a 40% SPM boost that gives 417.2mph, now just because its in the title doesn't mean its not valid. '

Now I do agree that this is probably at best straight line speed in ideal conditions, your not going to be doing anything even close on real roads.

However the OPs question was what was the top speed and the evidence shows Matt is right and you haven't provided evidence to oppose it.

However if you do have something such a scan form the original series bible, scan from the actual script used or a sound clip which states KITT can't go that fast in SPM please post it.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu May 07, 2009 2:23 am

rwmu wrote:I hope you never go into law VK .

Photographic proof (or screen shots in this case) is not circumstantial evidence, your evidence is circumstantial since you've own talked about it not shown it, we haven't seen scans for the pages in the series bible or screen shots of the speedos from the episodes you listed.

The one screen shot shows 298mph with a 40% SPM boost that gives 417.2mph, now just because its in the title doesn't mean its not valid. '

Now I do agree that this is probably at best straight line speed in ideal conditions, your not going to be doing anything even close on real roads.

However the OPs question was what was the top speed and the evidence shows Matt is right and you haven't provided evidence to oppose it.

However if you do have something such a scan form the original series bible, scan from the actual script used or a sound clip which states KITT can't go that fast in SPM please post it.
- rwmu do not presume to lecture me on debate or law or whatever else you're digging to sling at me. At the moment you're nothing more than a cheerleader and an instigator in this subject. I don't have to post screenshots because IT'S COMMON KNOWLEDGE.

No one has disputed the fact my numbers are accurate short of Burial Ground, which I already stated was my mistake even if it was off by one digit. The other numbers are concrete and posting them is unecessary.

You want the Knight Rider Bible to read for yourself? Go buy my book or look for it on the net. I'm not going to hold your hand and do the work for you. Real lawyers, prosecuters, and people in law do something called research. In fact I already posted points from the Knight Rider Bible (including the one in question about speed) in another thread - why don't you use your deductive powers to track it down?

You go look it up since you're such a scholar at deciding who understands law, seriously take some intiative to do your own research instead of jumping into topics that you yourself have contributed nothing to other than your caustic opinion. If you want to voice your opinion that's great but leave out the cheap shots. You have a continued history of trying to antagonize me and I have shown great restraint in not taking your bait.

I ignored you after our last encounter but you seem persistant to continue to ghost my posts. You either stay out of my affairs or conduct yourself in a more appropriate manner.

You find a screen capture that shows K.I.T.T.'s speedometer going over 300mph IN AN EPISODE of Knight Rider from SEASON THREE OR FOUR, then I will conceed Matthew is right. Until that happens, your opinion itself is circumstantial - my records show it doesn't exist, so good luck with that.

The burdon of proof is on YOU, not me and not Matthew. We did our homework.

Thanks.

=VK=

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Thu May 07, 2009 3:38 am

So Lets get this straight

I ask you to provide the same level of proof as Matt has and you attack me.

I'm judging the case on evidence provided. Matt gives screen shots, you give opinion with no proof other that what you type and expect to belived.

If you can't provide evidence then so be it end of discussion, if you won't post the evidence it amounts to the same thing.

So instead of jumping up and down because someone dares to suggest you maybe be wrong, post the links, if they are valid then so be it and I'll agree with you otherwise my previous comment that Matt has been proved right in this case stands.

Also I thought you'd vowed to put my on this boards equivelent of ignore ? What happend?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu May 07, 2009 4:38 am

rwmu wrote:So Lets get this straight

I ask you to provide the same level of proof as Matt has and you attack me.

I'm judging the case on evidence provided. Matt gives screen shots, you give opinion with no proof other that what you type and expect to belived.

If you can't provide evidence then so be it end of discussion, if you won't post the evidence it amounts to the same thing.

So instead of jumping up and down because someone dares to suggest you maybe be wrong, post the links, if they are valid then so be it and I'll agree with you otherwise my previous comment that Matt has been proved right in this case stands.

Also I thought you'd vowed to put my on this boards equivelent of ignore ? What happend?
- Since you're too surrounded by your own tunnel vision at this point, I'll let someone else explain to you where you are wrong with your assumptions. As for ignoring you, I looked at your post because it was brought to my attention and given that this a subject I actually care about discussing, you interjected yourself into a discussion that did not involve you with nothing more than cheap shots against me as per your usual MO.

I am not posting screencaps of the digital speedometer from every episode of Knight Rider's season Three and Four just to playcate your own shortcomings. Matthew himself already confirmed KITT was never shown or mentioned going over 300mph in any of the episodes from Season Three or Four - his theory is built around the opening credits speedometer readout and a bar graph - the same bargraph that was not "updated" in Season Four to have 400mph added to it.

I've challenged YOU to find a photo of KITT's speedometer from that portion of the series to prove otherwise - therefore as far as proof goes, since YOU can't present a screenshot, you have no case other than depending upon Matthew's work he already did for himself.

What was that you said?

"If you can't provide evidence then so be it end of discussion, if you won't post the evidence it amounts to the same thing."

You have nothing of your own, end of discussion.

By the way I'm also going to do a favor for you this one time and I'll post a screencap of The Knight Rider Bible straight out of the PDF file of my book, just so you can quit whining about it. Apparently you'd rather spend time arguing with me, than doing your own research to find it for yourself.

I don't care whether you believe Matthew is right or wrong, what I do care about is some guy coming out of the woodwork with an established history of dislike towards me trying to lecture me on a subject he knows nothing about other than what others who do know about it, have shown him.

You provoked a response from me and this time I allowed you to have one.

I will not allow you to turn this thread into something it is not and that's another argument with you on a public stage. Matthew and I are having a healthy and informative debate not an argument.

=VK=

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu May 07, 2009 6:55 am

I had a long, long post written but I'm scrapping it, as much as I enjoyed the back and fourth between VK and Matthew I have to say that this is much like debating what Superman's limits are, especially pre-crisis which is also how I've viewed KITT in some ways.

Since they didn't change the S4 dash, I'd imagine and look at it as in S3 KITT could achieve 300MPH under the right conditions (straight line, road conditions, ect), but it was the absolute maximum that could not be sustained for a long amount of time and and would cause significant wear and tear and stress, that section is red for a reason. But under normal conditions it couldn't be safely reached for a extended period of time.

However, SPM could be looked at as making 300 MPH a speed that was something that could be done on a consistent basis due to internal upgrades as well as improved stabilization (and magical defying of physics) that allowed for improved handling. So that increase in speed does make the car go faster in that the SPM increased that "under normal conditions" speed by 40%. Where a corner could say only be taken at 100MPH, they could take it at 140MPH, the 40% line really wasn't thought out too much I'm sure though it would fit with the speeding up of the film trick they did with it. Was it an average overall increase meaning all conditions where in some situations it would be greater than that? That would open up for the 300MPH straight lines situation and actually greater than 40% in that situation and really, it'd only require another 10% to take it from 200 to 300. I need to go back and see again how it was delivered but I think we can see what I'm getting at. Then again, Bonnie could have just enhanced the dash so that non-jumping Turbo Boost speed would be better displayed since before it would "go off the charts" so to speak. >_>

The thing is though that KITT's top speed never mattered, the top speed is just enough for Michael to arrive just in the nick of time, I think that might be a purpose for the "how fast do you want it to go" line in the bible, I probably didn't quote that right, I don't care.. The almost total lack of stable shots of the digital speedometer aside from cruising scenes (IIRC) kind of cements that and the rising numbers were used to build excitement, nothing more and that goes double for the credits, which really don't count.

Holy crap, I wrote way more than intended again and this might even be longer than my last one. Ugh, I spent WAAAAAY too much time on this subject and I don't even care that much, screw this... I'm getting off the fence and going to bed. I hate all of you! :P
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Thu May 07, 2009 11:17 am

Thank you for the Scans VK that didn't hurt did it :wink:

All I asked you to do was provide evidence, its what you do to others. I'm not getting involved in the debate, I'm just judging it based on the evidence provided.

And based on the evidence provided I would suggest Matt in this case is right with his supposition that 420mph is the maximum speed KITT has been shown to be capeable of.

If you could provide proof from the show as Matt has done the KITT can't go that fast I'd say you were right, but you haven't

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu May 07, 2009 1:45 pm

rwmu wrote:Thank you for the Scans VK that didn't hurt did it :wink:

All I asked you to do was provide evidence, its what you do to others. I'm not getting involved in the debate, I'm just judging it based on the evidence provided.

And based on the evidence provided I would suggest Matt in this case is right with his supposition that 420mph is the maximum speed KITT has been shown to be capeable of.

If you could provide proof from the show as Matt has done the KITT can't go that fast I'd say you were right, but you haven't
- I already have, you're just too blind to see it and I'm done trying to explain it to you.

Believe what you wish.

=VK=

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Thu May 07, 2009 2:21 pm

Nah I'm not blind (you really are abusive aren't you)

You have provided no proof just typed stuff in with no back up.

No one agrees with you or they would be leaping to your defense as they have done so often in the past.

Still Debate to Matt, unless you have real proof...

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu May 07, 2009 8:38 pm

rwmu wrote:Nah I'm not blind (you really are abusive aren't you)

You have provided no proof just typed stuff in with no back up.

No one agrees with you or they would be leaping to your defense as they have done so often in the past.

Still Debate to Matt, unless you have real proof...
- Abusive would be calling you a complete jack@$$, douche, moron, or saying specifically you're dumb as toast. I have done neither of these things. Abusive would be taking you to the verbal woodshed, which I have refrained from doing. Meanwhile you continue to play the cheerleader without providing any evidence of your own - so I must conclude since you have stated you do not want to get involved with the debate, you are simply a spectactor with an opinion.

I have consistantly tried to explain to you in simple terms what is what and you clearly don't see it, that is why I said you are "blind". You either neglect to understand or acknowledge the "evidence" presented by both parties or you simple do not have the mental capacity to understand it.

My "backup" is the episodes themselves. I'm still waiting for YOU to post a screen capture of KITT's speedometer reading over 300mph in Season Three or Season Four of Knight Rider?

Where is your "backup"?

You probably want me to lay everything out in a neat little numbered list at this point. I am not going to do that. I've invested more time in this matter with you than I really need to.

Either way, I call a spade a spade and your opinion in my book has no weight to it. You can however express it any way you like because this is a public forum as long as you keep it respectful. Remember, you chose to "abuse" me first and I responded to that decision accordingly.

Therefore, again I say believe what you wish.

I hope that's clear enough for you to understand this time.

=VK=

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Fri May 08, 2009 1:04 am

VK

At no point in this thread have I abused you, you however have accused me of been blind and now you've implied I am some how mentally deficent.

Having read alot of what you post here and in other places you seem to get angry when your wrong or more importantly when people realise your wrong. Now I'm sure you have a huge knoweledge of Knight Rider and I'm guessing 9 times out of ten 10 your right on these things and its nice to see someone with that kind of dedication to a subject, but no one is perfect the world would be a boreing place if they were.

All I have done is agree that Matt has provided visual proof and you haven't and based on the evidence provided in this thread my opinion gives Matt the edge in this debate.

Rookie

Post by 1982 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:14 am

This little debate about top speed should bring up the question of "how was it even remotely possible for KITT without SPM to outrun a Lear jet as it did in The Topaz Connection, Season One. Not to mention having enough time for a leisurely drive through downtown Las Vegas before arriving at the airport to be just sitting there when Lauren gets off the plane.

KITT's speedo last reading shown: 206 mph and climbing.

Lear Jet cruising speed for that model: well over 400 mph.

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Fri May 08, 2009 1:25 am

I think that point is covered quite well in the page of the Writers Bible that VK kindly placed up for us.

KITT can go as fast as the writer of an episode wants.

Rookie

Post by 1982 » Fri May 08, 2009 4:08 am

In which case, there can be NO definitive answer that can be stated as being fact. Only an approximation. Screen shots only show at a particular instance, at an increasing rate, rather than at a steady rate. As in The Topaz Connection, the last shot of the speedometer showed 206 mph and increasing. Given the fact that the model of Lear Jet has a cruising speed well over 400 mph, KITT would have to travel at a speed far beyond that of the jet to arrive ahead of it as it did. Therefore KITT’s top speed without SPM would be well in excess of 400 mph. Though it may not be shown visually, the speed can be implied.

SPM would be beyond that speed.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

ki2t top speed at super pursuit mode

Post by chrisjones » Fri May 08, 2009 5:03 am

Ahhhh yet another classic 'VK' thread. Dude, do you ever NOT get someones back up!? :? May I suggest a course in customer relations at some point in the not too distant future? Since you seem to have elected yourself as a spokesperson for the show (well at least that's the impression I get with the book, the signings and the 'VIP' status at events and the constant reminders of your closeness to Mr Larson) do you not feel its time for a more neutral approach to your responses?

KITT isn't real therefore arguing 'fact' is pointless. The interior shots of the dash were never shot to match the actual speed of the physical modified Trans-am in use. Since the engine, materials and tire construction are all based on 'make believe', arguing the physics of the machine in question to the point of falling out really is rather immature way to go about things don't you think?

Everyone is both right and wrong depending on where you stand on the 'fence'. So lets all kiss and make up........hmm ok scrap the kissing bit. :kitt2:
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Fri May 08, 2009 6:30 am

The trouble we Geeks have is we like so compare things such as who is faster Superman or The Flash etc so these sorts of discussion replace any athletic ability, coolness etc we lack :P

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri May 08, 2009 6:39 am

rwmu wrote:The trouble we Geeks have is we like so compare things such as who is faster Superman or The Flash etc so these sorts of discussion replace any athletic ability, coolness etc we lack :P
Hey, I aint lacking in either athletic ability or coolness thanks very much :good:

Im one of the rare geeks, people might wanna call me one, but not to my face... unless they enjoy the feeling of a flat nose. :lol:

haha, but yes you make a good point for certain people anyway :wink:
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri May 08, 2009 8:33 am

Ahhhh yet another classic 'VK' thread. Dude, do you ever NOT get someones back up!? :? May I suggest a course in customer relations at some point in the not too distant future? Since you seem to have elected yourself as a spokesperson for the show (well at least that's the impression I get with the book, the signings and the 'VIP' status at events and the constant reminders of your closeness to Mr Larson) do you not feel its time for a more neutral approach to your responses?

- I have never claimed to be a spokesperson for the show. I am a spokesperson for my book and the people who wish me to promote or mention them through their contributions to it. I am also a fan with the talent and dedication to assit with keeping the spirit of the original Knight Rider alive and well - as proven by my contributions to Knight Rider Festival and the forthcoming Knight Rider Festival II. I have however claimed to have an intimate but not superior understanding of the original series. There are some things I know more than others and vice versa. I will pull out my "I wrote a book" card when people try to lecture me on the series who have not demonstated more than an opinion - Matthew has handled himself well and you don't see me telling him he's clueless or stupid or whatever and you know why? Because whether we agree or disagree he respects my right to disagree and that respect is returned.

KITT isn't real therefore arguing 'fact' is pointless. The interior shots of the dash were never shot to match the actual speed of the physical modified Trans-am in use. Since the engine, materials and tire construction are all based on 'make believe', arguing the physics of the machine in question to the point of falling out really is rather immature way to go about things don't you think?

- Why do fans debate which is better, Star Wars or Star Trek? Why do people bother to debate who is faster The Flash or Superman? Who is more powerful, Superman or Goku? The point is we choose to debate the question because it allows us to understand more about the show itself and learn more about it.

Since my viewpoint is much like those who admire Star Wars and Star Wars Expanded Universe - if it's not shown on screen in the movie or television series, it's not canon. Therefore since KITT's speedometer is not shown going over 300mph in any episodes of Season Three or Four, I base my conclusion based on the evidence provided from a canon viewpoint. If you don't see it or hear it being mentioned in the show, it's not possible. If the writers wanted to make it possible, they would have done so and they chose not to.

While I have conceeded that KITT could theoretically go 300mph in Season Three ONLY because of the opening credits speedo and NOT in the show itself - I refuse to accept he can reach anywhere near 420mph. As far as the show has demonstrated, even with SPM, KITT can't break 300mph and as such cannot reach 420mph.

As far as Season Three is concerned from a canon standpoint, he can't break 200mph (using normal speed) despite the dash improvements. Since KITT's speed is determined by dialogue and the speedometer references in each episode, that is the canon answers provided WITHIN the show itself.

The whole "KITT isn't real so why bother discussing it" is a copeout excuse for saying you don't know how to answer the question or care to - in which case if other people choose to debate the topic, you have no position or right to tell them not to because you are not choosing to be involved with the discussion.

Everyone is both right and wrong depending on where you stand on the 'fence'. So lets all kiss and make up........hmm ok scrap the kissing bit.

- No one was fighting here until others decided to interject their more aggressive opinions and I have addressed those opinions accordingly.

I do not believe it's even theoretically possible for KITT To break 300mph, let alone 400mph and I defend that position based on the evidence I have presented. Other people decided to make it more personal.

It's a debate amongst fans, not an arguement and it's been concluded there is no clear answer because there's not enough evidence that isn't circumstantial to support a definative answer.

The question is KITT's top speed at SPM - Whether or not KITT can drive 300mph is a secondary factor to consider in figuring out if Bonnie's estimates were correct. I say they are not, Matthew says they are and we've both explained why we feel that way. However as far as CANON goes, KITT's speedo did not break 300mphand if it can't break that speed, there is no way it can reach 420mph in SPM. CANON (what is shown in Season Three and Four) dictates that KITT's top speed is 300mph using SPM.

People keep neglecting to understand that if they wanted to demonstrate KITT going faster, they had over 40+ episodes to do it and they DIDN'T. They could have shown him going 300+ after Burial Ground and they DIDN'T - Michael even asked KITT to give him all the SPM power he's got on several occassions and he barely broke 270mph - the highest he's been shown going outside of Burial Ground was 285mph in Sky Knight and 278 in Out of the Woods. As far as evidence goes - there is no evidence to show KITT can exceed 300mph using SPM in the show and that's the end of it.

The question is not "what is KITT's top speed in Knight Rider?" - The question is not "what is KITT's potential top speed in Knight Rider?" The question is about KITT's top speed at SPM. Canon dictates 300mph.

Even if KITT were to theoretically go 300mph in Season Three - Because he didn't exceed 300mph in Season Four it still doesn't make any difference because if you can't break 300mph, you can't reach 420mph. I'm really sick and tired of explaining that very REAL fact. If you can't break 300mph even with SPM, then that is your TOP SPEED.

Even his top speed in The Topaz Connection doesn't matter because it still can't prove he can break 300mph. It does prove there's a history of inconcistancy with speed throughout all four seasons of Knight Rider.

I've challenged people to find a screenshot of his speedometer or dialogue that demonstrates otherwise and no one has. That is the only piece of evidence that can give a definative answer from a canon standpoint. Find proof he's gone over 300mph ON SCREEN in Season Four - end of debate.

CANON at this point in the discussion is what I am interested in. Theory is just that, circumstantial dependent on what you choose to believe is possible outside of the show itself. I mean seriously, if you want to really split hairs outside of the show - The Knight Rider Bible says KITT can go any speed people wish it to.

If people don't want to agree with me, that's fine. This however as far as CANON GOES does not make me "wrong". That's my position and I'm sticking to it.

That's it, I'm done breaking it down since I continue to be called "verbose". A simple paragraph reply never works with you people who choose to disagree with me - you turn things into a novel.

=VK=