Mio Knight Rider GPS

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

cruiseliner
Stranger

Mio Knight Rider GPS

Post by cruiseliner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi All,

I got the Mio Knight Rider GPS last week and boy that thing really does need modding!
I thought the complaints were a bit over the top but not anymore.

I've been desperately trying to find the tweaked files and such to 'fix' this.
Can anyone help out a brother? Maybe mediafire or some such link to grab from

Thanks!

cruiseliner
Stranger

Re: Mio Knight Rider GPS

Post by cruiseliner » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:26 pm

*bump*
Really looking for help on this one.

Just got a new HCV, so my Kitt GPS is now in my Civic Hybrid instead of the Pontiac.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Stylez » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Just thought I'd bump this thread because I just received an email from Mio stating the map update is available, should be free if you registered your KR gps with them.

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:52 pm

I got one...a little outdated imo..

Karter
Volunteer

Post by Karter » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:25 am

I updated mine but under "Voice Guidance" you no longer have "KITT" as a choice. When I'm typing out a name or place, "KITT" no longer says the letter you just pressed. I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet under the newly updated maps. I'll reply to this post when I do use it. I just hope I can reset it to the original setting if I don't like the updates.

yanKnight
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by yanKnight » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:39 am

So if you update the maps, you loose KITT voice guidance?

There should be a way to manually reinstall the KITT voice once the update is done, no?

what are others doing? not updating? I mean, every year there are changes in streets, etc. what is to happen next year when your streets aren't compliant anymore?

I personally just acquired the KRGPS and the neighborhood where I do banking and other purchases and where relatives live, is completely missing. the POIs are also dated.

Is there a way to get map update and revert the KITT voices?

E-Superstore
Stranger

Post by E-Superstore » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:38 pm

I too, recently purchased a Navman Knight Rider GPS. The GPS portion works very well but that's all. I cannot change the name or anything that has to do with the KR portion. I know there must be a fix-it for it somewhere??? I really like the graphics, I really don't want to send it back. Can anyone direct me to a remedy?

seven58o
Volunteer

Post by seven58o » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:04 am

bump.

i just got mine. same issues. need new maps and would love the MODs people were posting about a year ago on here :)

cdnkitt
Stranger

Post by cdnkitt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:20 am

I am looking for these mods as well, I will keep looking around the board thou!

AZKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by AZKNIGHT » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:14 pm

cdnkitt wrote:I am looking for these mods as well, I will keep looking around the board thou!

Here's the most recent chain for the mods: viewtopic.php?f=1044&t=15570&p=187240#p187240
Long live Knight Rider! Check out my conversion in progress at [url]http://www.azknightindustries.com[/url].

james2381
Stranger

Post by james2381 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:36 pm

With regards to losing the K.I.T.T. turn-by-turn directions voice on the Mio, the problem is with the Mio installation DVD. It has the voice files for US Male, US Female, US Male Tom, and US Female Samantha, but not KITT.

If the user gets a GPS unit without the TTS (text-to-speech) installed (which are the Tom and Samantha voices I believe) on the device out of the box, then the TTS capability has to be updated with the MioMore Desktop software. There's a prompt that tells you all voice files in the GPS will be deleted and reloaded anytime you do a voice transfer. What any Mio manual fails to tell you is that the KITT voice files are not on the DVD or in the C:\Program Files directory. So when all the voice files are erased during the voice transfer, and then all of the US Male and Female voices are reloaded along with the new TTS files, but the turn-by-turn KITT voice without the TTS capability is lost.

The solution to this problem is for Mio to email the KITT voice files to reload, but I was told last night that they are not allowed to do that. I was told after 1.5 hours on the support line last night that a new FTP site is supposed to be available in the future where all voice files can be accessed, but it is not known what the date is when that will be online. I asked if they could mail me a DVD and they said no. I was going to call today and ask if I can get an RMA number so that I can mail the unit to them and restore all the factory settings for me, but the Mio hotline is down.

I will say it was also suggested by the support line to find someone with a Knight Rider GPS. Then I could copy the voice files from it and reload them onto my GPS.

Can someone be so kind as to copy those Kitt voice files and put them on a site where I can download them and restore them to my Knight Rider GPS?