Most Shocking KR Moment

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Most Shocking KR Moment

Michael being shot by Durante's men (The Scent of Roses)
17%
KARR ramming the Semi (KITT vs. KARR)
7%
KITT and KARR's near collision (Trust Doesn't Rust)
4%
Devon's death (Knight Rider 2000)
49%
Michael Long being shot by Tanya Walker (Knight of the Phoenix)
6%
Wilton Knight's death (Knight of the Phoenix)
No votes
KITT and Golliath colliding (Golliath)
17%

Total votes: 71

KARR 2004
Recruit

Most Shocking KR Moment

Post by KARR 2004 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:53 pm

Which of the following do you think was the most shocking moment of Knight Rider?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:12 am

I never expected them to do away with Devon. I mean, all that the cars and stuff went through you kinda expect and for the cars to somehow be rebuilt and come back. But for Devon to go.... That for me was a shocker.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:11 am

You should have added Kitt getting wasted in Junk Yard Dog. As it was the only episode in the series where Kitt was destroyed outside a season opener. No doubt it shocked everyone. And also, in all the episodes where Kitt has been destroyed, never was he more junked than in Junk Yard Dog.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:47 am

Another shocking moment was in Soul Survivor, they "hypnotised" Michael and hacked into KITT and even took his CPU out. That indestructible car controlled by the criminals and not KITT's CPU is quite a scary consept...

-KITTfan-

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:32 pm

"Knight in Disgrace"- The whole episode was shocking!

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:41 pm

I was shocked and kinda scared when K.I.T.T and Goliath crash.

K.I.A.N
Rookie

Post by K.I.A.N » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:13 pm

Why did devon have to die :cry:. I was yelling at the screen when they killed devon :mrgreen:.
Fan Of The New Knight Rider!

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:18 pm

K.I.A.N wrote:Why did devon have to die :cry:. I was yelling at the screen when they killed devon :mrgreen:.
To this day, I'm not sure what the point of Devon's death was. Most fans I've talked with about it were extremely unhappy, not only because a well-liked character was being killed off, but also because nothing was really accomplished in terms of the plot-line.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:03 am

I heard that awhile later (not sure if it was months or years) Edward Mulhare (who plaid Devon Miles) passed away in real life of cancer. :cry: It might have been he was ill and knew it back then and decided it was best not to stay committed to the show, just in case...?

Knightwolf
Volunteer

Post by Knightwolf » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:53 am

From what I understand KR2000 was the pilot for a new spinoff serries, in which neither David nor Edward were going to star in. Obviously the show was never picked up by the networks, but it looks like the plot was set for a new serries.

Knightwolf

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:09 pm

I wonder if that was the Team Knight Rider series? That one was on for about 1 season. I think my dad saw the pilot and hated it. I didn't feel like seeing it myself, because it just wasn't the old KR and I knew it wasn't going to be either. :/ Might have been good and all, but just not the same.

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:39 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:I wonder if that was the Team Knight Rider series? That one was on for about 1 season. I think my dad saw the pilot and hated it. I didn't feel like seeing it myself, because it just wasn't the old KR and I knew it wasn't going to be either. :/ Might have been good and all, but just not the same.
It seemed like TKR was directed more at young kids than it was adults. The original Knight Rider had a serious enough feel that adults would like it, but it was also appropriate for kids. I never really saw what the big deal with TKR was. I watched a few episodes, but couldn't really get into it. It just wasn't the same.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:08 am

I also heard one reason why Devon was killed off, was because Edward Mulhare was starting to get too old. I even heard he had trouble memorizing his lines on the set. And don't forget, I'm sure his health was deteriorating back in '91. Thus, six years after KR2000, Edward Mulhare passed on. :(

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:35 pm

8) Even though I didn't see the episode where K.A.R.R. attacks the semi - I think that that episode would be the one most shocking to me. I also didn't see the episode "scent of roses" but as soon as the episodes do come out on D.V.D. then I will try to get them. 8)

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:18 pm

It doesn't seem to me that they intentionally had Devon killed off because of any concerns about Edward Mulhare's health. It could be, but it would seem to be kind of a rude thing to say to an actor. "We think you're going to kick the bucket so we want to kill off your character so that if this pilot goes anywhere we don't have to explain you not being there." But I don't know. He appeared in an ep of Baywatch Nights (man, I really want to put a 'K' on that :lol: ) and they kind of set him up to be a recurring character who you weren't sure if he was good or bad. Of course BN was cancelled shortly after, so I don't know if he was really going to be reoccuring or not.

I voted for Devon's death in KR2K because I really didn't think they were going to do it. I sat there watching, saying, 'no, they wouldn't,' but they did. I think that it was realistic in a way. The thing about that kind of job is that people do get killed and it's not always in a blaze of glory kind of thing. Of course I love Devon and I didn't want to see him die, but I thought it was a very touching death.

But, I digress. I voted for Devon's death but to me, the most shocking (or surprising) scene in KR was the scene my avatar is taken from. It's the scene in White Bird where Michael's telling Bonnie about Stevie for the first time. And the way they played it, I was honestly wondering if I had missed an episode where they had actually gotten together. It kind of showed a depth to their relationship that had just not been there before, I thought.

Good question KARR 2004.

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:25 pm

K.I.A.N wrote:Why did devon have to die :cry:. I was yelling at the screen when they killed devon :mrgreen:.
Me too. :cry: ... :lol: :P But being the wicked awesome writer that I am *snicker* I merely rewrote the movie for myself... then printed a copy of the real script and BURNED IT! bwha ha ha ha ha
Knight Rider 2day 2morrow 4ever

Leaving the forum May 3, 2006. (Losing internet connection.) Thanks for all the wonderful memories!!! -- Dropped in Feb 18, 2008 to say 'hi'.

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:48 pm

Knight224 wrote: I merely rewrote the movie for myself... then printed a copy of the real script and BURNED IT! bwha ha ha ha ha
LOL! That's one way to deal with being mad at a movie.

You didn't then try to throw yourself off a pier, get rescued by a lifeguard and then start stalking him did you? Ooops, my bad, having Baywatch flashbacks. :wink:

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:24 pm

I thought of another shocking moment in KR -- when Michael shoots Devon in Knight In Disgrace. That one definitely made my jaw drop when I saw it the first time.

Knight-Rider
Rookie

Post by Knight-Rider » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:37 pm

What about the momet we hear Jennifer Knight the duaghter of Wilton wants to shut down FLAG forever, I mean the duaghter of the creator wants to kill her farthers dream. In one of my favorite eposides 'Knight Of The Juggernaut'

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:44 pm

Knight-Rider wrote:What about the momet we hear Jennifer Knight the duaghter of Wilton wants to shut down FLAG forever, I mean the duaghter of the creator wants to kill her farthers dream. In one of my favorite eposides 'Knight Of The Juggernaut'
I actually wasn't surprised by that. Considering what had happened to Jennifer's family, and FLAG's involvement in each of the events in question, I can understand why she thought the Foundation should have been shut down.

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:53 pm

I have a few more shocking moments in Kight Rider that weren't on the list.

1) The existance of KARR in TDR.

2) KARR's return in KvK.

3) Margo teaming with Garthe Knight and rebuilding Goliath.

4) The closing message in Race for Life. The episode was dedicated to the son of the actor who played Julio. To me, I never thought I'd see any type of dedication in a KR episode.

5) KR ending with Voo Doo Knight.

We should make a list and see what other shocking moments we can come up with.

PursuitMode-1983
Volunteer

Post by PursuitMode-1983 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:03 am

Without a doubt, devon's death... pure and simple.

PM-83
Tony: You hunk of tin didn't you see her??!

KARR: I was watching you de-activate the Rev, was he malfunctioning...?

*Trust Doesn't Rust*

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:01 am

Killing Devon. Definitely. Every time I watch it I watch it with disbelief.

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Re: Most Shocking KR Moment

Post by ozikool » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:50 pm

I found #1 most,Dunno why not devons death
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Most Shocking KR Moment

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:23 am

Stevie getting shot and killed on her wedding day in The Scent of Roses was more shocking to me and more emotional too. It remains my #1 most shocking and emotionally attached moment in the original Knight Rider series. Devon dying in Knight Rider 2000 wasn't as impactful because I never saw KR2000 as a believable continuation of the original series when it first came on.

I would say #2 was K.I.T.T. losing to Goliath.

=VK=
:dash: