Describe your own KR movie teaser/trailer!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DLAspider
Rookie

Describe your own KR movie teaser/trailer!

Post by DLAspider » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:15 pm

I'd go minimalist on this.

Black screen for one or two seconds with complete silence, then a red light sweeping across twice accompanied by the familiar woosh-woosh.

Another two seconds of blank screen, then a release date fades in and disappears slowly.

Love to hear your ideas!

DLAspider
Rookie

Re: Describe your own KR movie teaser/trailer!

Post by DLAspider » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Okay, here’s another one...

A dark night at the docks, several masked men loading crates marked Knight Industries into a boat. There is a large van, marked the same, whose driver has been shot dead. One of the men stops, seeing a red light in the shadows.
“See that?” he says.
“Never mind,” the boss says, shoving him. He loses his balance and falls to the ground. He looks up to see the red light only a few metres away, scanning back and forth. The other men scramble to get into the boat, dropping the boxes and leaving the remainder of them in the van. The one man gets up and stumbles toward the boat, but it is leaving without him.
A calm, firm, yet slightly mechanical voice says, “Stop, or I will shoot.”
The man tries to run off into the shadows but there is a muffled shot and a net is propelled toward him and envelopes him, dropping him to the ground. Stakes attached to the net dig themselves into the ground, immobilizing him.
The man swears quietly, while breathing heavily. He looks up at the black car’s red scanner, which seems to be studying him.
“You know, I’m just one man. There’s a lot more of us. You won’t stop us.”
The red light sweeps back and forth more quickly, at one point flickering slightly before the calm voice responds.
“One man can make a difference.”
It hesitates.
“I will find Michael.”
The car begins to spin its tires, kicking up dust, concealing the exact make or model of the car, but as it spins around it is clear that there is no one inside. Its red taillights flicker slightly as it peels away and disappears into the darkness at great speed.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by tamatt27 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Wow, just thinking about KR movie trailers gives me the chills. I like the 2 you posted. I'll have to think about it and get back with you about mine. :kitt:
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Universal Logo

Flashback scenes...

Police Precinct, late 20's officer getting ready for work...

pictures of family, girlfriend, dog in locker...

respected by fellow officers, but somewhat alone...

interior of apartment...cell phone on table, message blinking UNKNOWN CALLER

"Mr. Long, I've been trying to get a hold of you, my name is Dev----" CLICK

Scenes of stake-out, officer comments to partner, "Muntzy, i have this feeling...that my luck is going to change."

Partner jokes back "Go get a lottery ticket."

Stake-out goes bad...running into situation...car chase...officer staring down the barrel of a gun. CLICK BOOM

Darkness with the voices floating, as V/O is happening, darkness turns into cloudiness, then point of light, like a tunnel coming at you...

voice over...W: "Michael's healthy enough now to carry over..."

M:"Carry on what?"

D:"Aren't you angry towards the people who took your life from you?"

M:"Damn right...but I can't do anything about it."

D:"Why?"

M:"Because they are the kind of criminals who operate above the law, nobody can touch them."

W:"I don't agree with you"

Tunnel snaps unto dark road, with headlights lighting up road...driving at an unbelievable speed.

W:"Michael, all it takes is one man to make a difference"

camera shot on side of road, as this blurry car rockets past, and taillights glow red

another side shot, some obstacle in road, and the blur leaps over it, landing, bouncing, sparks flying from undercarriage

M:"What is all this?"

More shots of the car going thru it's paces in the middle of the night

D:"This is a one-of-a-kind car Mr. Long. It is the fastest, safest strongest car in the world. It is entirely fuel efficient, and is totally controlled by advanced processors that can totally avoid collisions under all circumstances, unless directed by it's pilot."

Start to get a closer look at the front of the vehicle as it whizzes along, shaky cam style

M:"It's Pilot? You mean this thing flies?"

gets to the front of the car, where the scanner is clearly doing it's thing, with audio effect

D:"No....but it thinks."

Scanner is now doing it's traditional movement, and the scanner turns into stylized red script

KNIGHT RIDER

flashes back and forth

Summer 2012

again back and forth

http://WWW.1mancanmakeadifference.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; teaser site, along with other Universal logos and such...

:good:

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Wow, very cool. I was going for a story set well into Michael's "career" with KITT in the second post, hinting at a kidnapping and damage to KITT but I guess everybody is doing reboots in movies now, and the younger generation doesn't know the beginnings of the legend of Knight Rider. Anyone else have an idea?

KARR2K2
Volunteer

Post by KARR2K2 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:43 pm

Great idea DLASPIDER......I think you should add that the release date would just say....... KNOVEMBER

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:16 pm

I know its cheap but what the hell : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR6WItw3n7E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.