Another "Kitt as Lamborghini Gallardo" thread

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Another "Kitt as Lamborghini Gallardo" thread

Post by lunchmeat » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:13 pm

Sorry, guys. I had to do it.

I've always loved the Gallardo, but last night on "How'd You Get So Rich" (it was playing in the background while I was practicing bass guitar), I saw this custom Gallardo and it reminded me of someone we all know. I don't think it's much of a stretch from here to see Kitt as a Gallardo.

Check it out here:

http://www.tvland.com/prime/fullepisode ... h/season1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go to around 1:28 in the movie and note the custom nose job. Look familiar? :-P When I saw this, I thought it was pretty cool - wanted to share.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Re: Another "Kitt as Lamborghini Gallardo" thread

Post by Knight007 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:48 am

the Gallardo is great car. but I think the Audi R8 will be better as KITT.
the clip however is very good. it lovely to see the KITT effect on other shows and cars Image :kitt:

RC-1337
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by RC-1337 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Screenshot, please? I'm not in America.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:02 pm

I'm slightly dissapointed. When you said "custom nose" I was expecting to see a scanner light. :D Oh well. I'd like to see it. But if they weren't willing to put out the money to do good stunts with a Mustang, I don't see it happening with a Lambo. What gets me is I do jumps and stunts on video games like Midnight Club and Need for Speed that look amazing compared to what we got in KR08. The best jump we had was when KITT took out KARR. Makes me think they could have done some better CGI. Anyway, cool looking car. I agree the R8 would also be a great KITT for the motion picture.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:27 am

Images, as requested.

One of the main things that sets Kitt apart, in design, is the fact that as a Trans-Am he had no prominent grille. More importantly, he had no visible headlights (and this is actually really important). Headlights generally are the "eyes" of cars - the Trans-Am didn't have any, making the scanner the focal point of the hood. The Gallardo has the first trait, and could easily have the second; the headlights could be blacked out when not in use. I personally think that that is the real "Kitt essence" that most people look for. They just don't really know it.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR