Could Ford have possibly backed out?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TURBOBOOST27
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Could Ford have possibly backed out?

Post by TURBOBOOST27 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:10 pm

What do you'll think, could this be apossible reasons for no renewal.
Maybe ford decided to give up sponsership of the show, after all the GT500KR got the best possible promotoin from the show and as a result of this they were able to get the best sales for the KR and didn't need the show again, after all the KR was a special limited anniversery ediont of the mustang. Thats my two sense on the situation, whats yours? :kitt2:
Dayne Rampersad

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Could Ford have possibly backed out?

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:14 pm

TURBOBOOST27 wrote:What do you'll think, could this be a possible reason for no renewal? Maybe Ford decided to give up sponsorship of the show, after all the GT500KR got the best possible promotion from the show and as a result of this they were able to get the best sales for the KR and didn't need the show again, after all the KR was a special limited anniversary edition of the Mustang. That's my two cents on the situation, what's yours? :kitt2:
Ratings were probably the key decision in not renewing KR 08. If Ford did pull out, then that would be a major nail in the coffin as well. I have a feeling it was a combination of many things that led to not renewing KR 08, and not just one thing.

EVKRWriter
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by EVKRWriter » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:17 pm

I dunno. Hope not. But, you would think, that with how the auto industry is doing these days, Ford would want all the advertising they could get---even if they didn't take any bailout money, and are going better than the rest.

'Course...maybe the state of the auto industry is a reason all in itself. Maybe they couldn't manage it?

...I am trying to stay in a positive mindset here...I am.

=/...it's not going so well.
~EV

KITT Happens!!!

KR Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~evryderwriter. My way of keeping Knight Rider alive and well.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:43 pm

How do we keep the faith as Michael exhorts us to do with such news and nothing positive to show for in this regard? That is my question.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:03 am

Ford did not back out, they mentioned KITT prominently in a press release in April of this year when they celebrated the Mustangs birthday. And for the record, the GT500KR did not need any promotion for that matter... as the KR was already sold out even before the regular season of the show started.

Now as for the 2010 model, that would benefit from some serious crime busting action.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:55 am

From the information I gathered speaking to people within Ford martketing, it was purely down to the ratings and not due to lack of Ford involvement.

As Solid has already said, they were very happy to mention KITT in the press releases. In the current age, they would be more than happy to continue their involvement with the show, its up to NBC to want to continue the show.

At the end of the day, the show to Ford is an ideal platform to showcase their cars. In the current climate, any new cars including the 2010 Mustang would recieve welcomed coverage.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

brumiedave1979
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by brumiedave1979 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:45 am

i think ford should join in with the battle to save knight rider and give us a second season because i read on a website that ford had a drop in mustang sales and the new camaro has taken its place the link is
http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-c ... years.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;