Is There Going To Be A Season 2?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Is There Going To Be A Season 2?

Post by Solid Snake » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:40 am

Samborghini wrote:In the interview with David Hasselhoff on the homepage he clearly states that KR 2008 has finished and is talking on Glen Larsons KR movie, which I think we should be looking forward to. Now, think of KR 2008 as Team Knight Rider, it tried, failed so we move on :)
Taking the Hoffs word is not worth much in this context, he was not involved in this series to begin with... this is why i am getting rather pissed too... if he wants to be part of KR and wants to do it his way (according to him the right way) why would he not go to NBC and give them a pile of money to pick up the license (Baywatch style), in my heart I hope he will do that... hope.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:43 am

DavidKnight wrote:However it doesn't mean much, but i think we should still have that last hopes. The wierd thing is, KR still have a board on NBC.com. Why would they keep it? Bionic Woman doesn't have one anymore, but KR has. Plus, the knightindustriesresearch.com still works, of course you can't access to anything, but the site itself is still online. Why are they spending money on keeping these things? I know there wont be a second season, but hope is right here in front of us.

I heard a lot of rumors that the show is on hiatus, or it's not cancelled, but on a long break, honestly i dont know which one would be better, but i hope. I hope that it'll continue wheter it'll be this year or the next one. I think we should continue the campaing, maybe we can get some attention.

IMO the best option for KR is to move to the Sci-Fi channel (or its SyFy today), because the ratings would satisfy a cable network's interests.

I knew that the show won't be successful and i know that we won't get a second season this year, i was too much negative at start about the ratings, but now, it's missing more and more, i started to grab any chance i can get to do something. I'm not from the US and the show will only be broadcasted here in september, but i sent my own letter and signed that petition. "Many a little becomes much"

Think it that way.
I suggest to people to get onto the NBC boards and keep that alive and make some noise there... keep posting and keep letting the suits and skirts know that this show needs to come back in some way and fashion. Worse TV shows were saved by syndication and lived on for many more seasons... NBC should do this too and get some of their money back if they don't intend to make the series go on on their channel.

So get to the NBC boards!

juliec30
Rookie

Post by juliec30 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:46 pm

Well we never heard anything. I guess it was rumor that got spend around really fast and was making everyone believe that something was going to happen. Anyways there was a other rumor going around saying if we did get a 2nd season it was it was going over to the sci-fi channel, but the sad part is that it won't be here until next year if we did get a 2nd season.
Always keep Knight Rider in your heart and soul and it will live on forever.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:20 am

I would not mind waiting another year to get a second season. As long as I get my talking Mustang fix.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:34 pm

This is just mere speculation on my part, but I was thinking that Syfy might run season one again for the 2009-2010 season to see how it does there and would be worth doing a second season. I hope they do, not much to look forward to for the tv season besides Smallville and Supernatural.

KI3TGIRL
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by KI3TGIRL » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:41 pm

I hope and pray there will be a second. I looove knight rider. its the only show i will watch.
:kitt2:

Karter
Volunteer

Post by Karter » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Just bought the DVD set. Enjoyed it very much! I agree that they should put the show on SyFy!

guitardave
Volunteer

Post by guitardave » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:33 pm

I found this:- http://www.universal-playback.com/news/ ... ond-season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, I am extremely sceptical because I cannot find any other source with this news. Please let it be true! I love the new Knight Rider, it's so good, I can't believe they would cancel it after only 1 season. Here in the UK, the KARR episode has just been on, so it's reboot city from here on in! Got goosebumps at the end when Graiman was talking about starting up FLAG again. Awesome stuff!

Also, is this coming out on Blu-ray? I've been watching on Sci-Fi HD, so the dvd doesn't appeal to me.

Dave

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:56 pm

oh yeah i've seen that site before. that's been up for awhile now.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:51 am

Man I wish that was true. I'm just not hearing anything else elsewhere.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:12 am

Again, all we can do now, is make a buzz on the web, let Universal, NBC, Syfy (SciFi) know that we want it back and that there is a market, email them... lots of times... buy the DVD when it comes to your region, make youtube video's, vote on the SciFi UK poll (seen in a different thread on this forum).

guitardave
Volunteer

Post by guitardave » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:54 pm

Yeah, I've voted on the Sci-Fi channel poll - the results as of that time (yesterday) are that Knight Rider is way out in front with 60% of the votes! That, I believe, is called a landslide. Come on NBC, or Sci-Fi, get the hint - people love it and want more!

I also emailed NBC directly yesterday - I got an automated response, so it remains to be seen if a real person actually read or will respond to it. And it wasn't a rant style email, it was a well thought-out one.

Please let there be more! Only a few left now, major bummer :cry:

Dave