KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
User avatar
Pct1theory
Rookie
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:44 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: NY
Contact:

KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Pct1theory » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:48 pm

Well I've been really wanting some Knight Rider 2008 Merch (mainly shirts) but there isn't any! So I just decided to make one myself on [url]zazzle.com[/url]. One is a Shirt with KITT on the Front and the Knight Rider logo on the back. The other is KITT's Orb as a sticker. I have not ordered them yet as I have not been paid yet and therefore have no money. Thought I might share it with the KR Community so yeah.

http://www.zazzle.com/knight_rider_2008_tshirt-235020631887115370

http://www.zazzle.com/kitts_voicebox_sticker-217812855818112689

User avatar
Slim_Knight
Operative
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:32 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: New Mexico, USA

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Slim_Knight » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:54 pm

It would be nice to see some KR08 merch.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

Slade
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Slade » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:59 am

We need some more stuff like this :D
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

User avatar
Knight007
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 am

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Knight007 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:07 am

I like it, its really good. Just add KITT to be printed under the car and you got a perfect picture :good: Image :kitt:

User avatar
Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:10 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Knight Manor

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:20 pm

You know that particular shot of the Mustang is my personal artwork I made for Knight Rider Festival's banners and while I said people were free to make wallpapers and stuff with it online, I didn't give permission for others to make profits off it by selling t-shirts.

While I admire your efforts to advertise the series if you want to move forward using my artwork, we'll need to negotiate terms of use.

=VK=
:dash:

Slade
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Slade » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:36 pm

I just had an idea and I got it while I was looking at my Decepticon Barricade Track jacket.I thought it would be cool to have like a KR track jacket or something that says Knight Research on it on part of the chest,it be a black jacket with grey stripes running down the sleeves,then maybe like a decent sized KR on the back of it.

Just an idea :)
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

User avatar
Pct1theory
Rookie
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:44 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Pct1theory » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Victor Kros wrote:You know that particular shot of the Mustang is my personal artwork I made for Knight Rider Festival's banners and while I said people were free to make wallpapers and stuff with it online, I didn't give permission for others to make profits off it by selling t-shirts.

While I admire your efforts to advertise the series if you want to move forward using my artwork, we'll need to negotiate terms of use.

=VK=
:dash:



Sorry bro Found it in a collection on Wallpapers on a bittorent site and loved it and thought it would be great on a t-shirt. I'm not claiming it is mine I just made it cause i want some merch and for the community. I didn't want to make a profit off the shirt but on Zazzle it makes you have 10%. I didn't want to cause it makes the shirt $30 and i'm not looking to make a profit. I just want a damn shirt.

Any thing you want to talk about send me a PM.

Thanks for the awesome shot of Val - I mean KITT :P

User avatar
Matthew
Site Administrator
Posts: 1144
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:01 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: England

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Matthew » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:50 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much Pct1theory. The image in question is little more than a minor alteration of NBC's own promotional material for the backdoor pilot. Aside from adjusting the scanner and implementing a partial decolourisation, it's just the image that I've provided below without the background. :good:

Matt

Image
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

User avatar
Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:10 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Knight Manor

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:43 am

Matthew wrote:I wouldn't worry about it too much Pct1theory. The image in question is little more than a minor alteration of NBC's own promotional material for the backdoor pilot. Aside from adjusting the scanner and implementing a partial decolourisation, it's just the image that I've provided below without the background. :good:

Matt

Image


- Regardless of your points Matthew, I did the work to significantly modify the design and I will defend my artwork tenaciously against anyone trying to make a buck off it. "little more than a minor alteration" is not an accurate description and seeing as you have little photoshop experience of your own, you have no perception of how difficult it was just to make the correct scanner in the first place.

Have a little more respect.

Thanks.

=VK=
:dash:

User avatar
Pct1theory
Rookie
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:44 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Pct1theory » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:30 pm

Matthew wrote:I wouldn't worry about it too much Pct1theory. The image in question is little more than a minor alteration of NBC's own promotional material for the backdoor pilot. Aside from adjusting the scanner and implementing a partial decolourisation, it's just the image that I've provided below without the background. :good:

Matt

Image


Thats what I thought. I can see the little of blue on the side.

Victor Kros wrote:- Regardless of your points Matthew, I did the work to significantly modify the design and I will defend my artwork tenaciously against anyone trying to make a buck off it. "little more than a minor alteration" is not an accurate description and seeing as you have little photoshop experience of your own, you have no perception of how difficult it was just to make the correct scanner in the first place.

Have a little more respect.

Thanks.

=VK=
:dash:


Yes Vic, you put a lot of hard work into the photo which everyone loves and I love so much its on a T-shirt. Be happy it's on a shirt. And once again i'm not trying to make money. I just want a damn shirt. Which be next week I will be able to order one.

Btw someone ordered one. Got an email today. Whoever that was, I Hope you enjoy it! :D

User avatar
rwmu
Operative
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:44 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: City of Wulfruna

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by rwmu » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:36 pm

Nice T-Shirt, shame i'm poor as a church mouse at the moment, I looked round the other stuff on the site, very tempted by the Airwolf T-Shirt as well.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

User avatar
Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
Posts: 1450
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:20 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: From NJ now in LA
Contact:

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Sue » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:16 pm

If you guys want a color corrected version of that picture, please use mine. But be advised that no matter how you change the image NBC will still hold the rights. I imagine they are fine with any form of fan art. But if you start to make lots of money by selling something they might take notice. When you see photos like that posted up on KRO or other news sites it is because the following was agreed to:
Copyright © 2009 NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. Permission is hereby granted for use of the photo herein depicting the NBC Universal program solely for editorial purposes in newspapers and periodicals to promote the NBC Universal program only and for no other purpose.

So please do have fun, it is not likely the average fan will have anything to worry about. But if you are endeavoring on larger ventures keep in mind you must clear all photos with the original photographer and also with any actors appearing in them and then potentially to the artist that reworked them and the stuido that owns the brand. Having the permission of just one of those people may not be enough.
Image
Full image over here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12085&hilit=windows+wallpaper&start=75#p171902
Sorry your thread has gotten so bogged down with legal mumbo jumbo Pct1theory. But hopefully I've helped clear things up a little.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

User avatar
Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
Posts: 1450
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:20 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: From NJ now in LA
Contact:

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Sue » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:50 pm

Looking back on it, that scanner lit only on the one side is kinda bugging me too. Try this one.
knightridersquarecolorfix2.jpg
knightridersquarecolorfix2.jpg (141.86 KiB) Viewed 9415 times
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

User avatar
Pct1theory
Rookie
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:44 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Pct1theory » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Sue wrote:Looking back on it, that scanner lit only on the one side is kinda bugging me too. Try this one.
knightridersquarecolorfix2.jpg


Thanks Sue. But Zazzle sent me a email saying it violated the copyrights and terms (blah blah blah) so the shirt and the stickers were taken down but I hope that they still print that one shirt somebody ordered. Maybe I'll make another shirt soon using this new picture.

Norton99
Stranger
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:03 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Norton99 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:21 am

Pct1theory wrote:
Sue wrote:Looking back on it, that scanner lit only on the one side is kinda bugging me too. Try this one.
knightridersquarecolorfix2.jpg


Thanks Sue. But Zazzle sent me a email saying it violated the copyrights and terms (blah blah blah) so the shirt and the stickers were taken down but I hope that they still print that one shirt somebody ordered. Maybe I'll make another shirt soon using this new picture.


Hi Pct1theory. I've been a lurker from the UK here since the new pilot and series were announced. Not for any sinister reasons, I just love reading all the great stuff here rather than posting :oops:

Anyway, as soon as I saw your link to the T-shirt I snapped it up straight away, as it's exactly what I'd been looking for too.
I thought I should post now to let you know that unfortunately, I got an email from Zazzle as well saying my order had now been cancelled for the same "infringement of copyright" reason you state above.

If you do decide to use Sue's pic in the future, hopefully I'll be among the first to order one of those too :)
Thanks for your efforts anyway, I thought it was a great idea.

User avatar
Pct1theory
Rookie
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:44 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: KR08 Shirt & Sticker(s)

Post by Pct1theory » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:23 pm

Norton99 wrote:
Pct1theory wrote:
Sue wrote:Looking back on it, that scanner lit only on the one side is kinda bugging me too. Try this one.
knightridersquarecolorfix2.jpg


Thanks Sue. But Zazzle sent me a email saying it violated the copyrights and terms (blah blah blah) so the shirt and the stickers were taken down but I hope that they still print that one shirt somebody ordered. Maybe I'll make another shirt soon using this new picture.


Hi Pct1theory. I've been a lurker from the UK here since the new pilot and series were announced. Not for any sinister reasons, I just love reading all the great stuff here rather than posting :oops:

Anyway, as soon as I saw your link to the T-shirt I snapped it up straight away, as it's exactly what I'd been looking for too.
I thought I should post now to let you know that unfortunately, I got an email from Zazzle as well saying my order had now been cancelled for the same "infringement of copyright" reason you state above.

If you do decide to use Sue's pic in the future, hopefully I'll be among the first to order one of those too :)
Thanks for your efforts anyway, I thought it was a great idea.


oh, Hello. You should post and voice your opinion in the great threads of KR Online. Sorry about the cancellation, I just got paid so I was ready to order one as well. The Copyright Infringement is so stupid and they have a bunch of infringement all over the site with a lot of their products.

Yeah I'll make another shirt with Sue's pic a little later this week. I'll post it in this thread when I do. :good:

Locked