In reference to the new series, my feedback

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

In reference to the new series, my feedback

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:27 pm

There is something that caught my attention that I would like others to chime in on. When I watch all these promos about the new KR and all the hype hoping it deals with the original mythology, it makes me sick because this series totally ignored it. I wish I could have seen what the original producers and writers without GST would of done. I bet they would have brought in KI2T more beneficial then not saying 2 damn words about him in this new show, mention Michael Knight and what he has done, Devon, Bonnie, the Mansion, and what the hell actually happened to FLAG that GST lied about to us. He didn't answer any questions that we wanted to hear. Instead GST thought if he brought back a classic show and gave it the twist of what people love like Transformers and Bourne's movies it would work, WRONG! I accepted every darn thing he did, KI3T transforming, all these new things, and even having people go out in the field besides MK Jr. I kept my mouth shut and I deafened it to all the people who were debating and questioning what the hell are they doing with this show.

The pilot was a perfect example of what I wanted to hear and see! KI2T being an urban legend, Wilton Knight, Michael Knight, resurrecting the foundation and all these little references meant a lot to me. I wished the series incorporated at least a little of this instead of nothing. They could of had an awesome show if after the first episode they show them actually bringing back FLAG, The Foundation, and going through some archived stuff like KI2T's technology lying around, files, old data and missions, pictures, etc. Then this could have been a great way to bring back MK for an episode or two like GST said as a "multiple story arc". I was praying they could of done something like stumble upon KI2T by accident and something happened and him explaining how him and MK split up then they try to get in touch or something with MK. I mean imagine the possibilities, it would have been much better than this damn KITT Cave.

Examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMS0PirL ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8miCi77 ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All these promos above feel to me like the original series and gave me what I felt every time I watched the Original KR. Whenever I would feel down or bored and needed some inspiration or something to make me feel better after a bad day, an episode of the Original would cure me and it didn't feel the same with the new series.

I have been keeping quiet and just watching what has been going on with NBC hopefully giving a Season 2 and what others have been saying but I felt I had to open my mouth because I am honestly disgusted. I would wait every week to see what is going on each new episode and all though towards the end it felt more like the original KR about a man and his car, it was missing what the pilot had which was embracing the mythology! I felt very upset and wanted to see what other people think because I felt betrayed! I sent letters and everything to NBC and hoping they can bring back the show and hopefully making that picture on the bottom of the letter with both KITT's actually come true and maybe even DH returning!

I guess what we all can do who feel the same way (which I think most do) must wait to see if hopefully we get a Second Season and maybe what I stated above will be incorporated. I mean look at it this way, it didn't work GST's way of trying to make it super high tech, why not bring it towards embracing more original mythology?

Thanks!

Joe

BountyHunter
Volunteer

Re: In reference to the new series, my feedback

Post by BountyHunter » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:42 am

I agree. The reason the new show failed is that it didn't incorporate anything form the original series. They should've at least had Hasslehoff and the original KITT appear in one episode.

Plus a few name drops of other characters, places, and event from TOS would've helped.

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:08 am

you know looking back on the pilot for the new series, it was actually darned good!

I remember when people first watched it, they weren't that enthusiastic.
But looking back on it, it seems much more like the original series than people give it credit for.

It was GST who came in and changed the story drastically, although the mini change towards the end helped the series get back on track.

A season 2 with FLAG and more references to the original would be great.
i hope it comes.

Internationally KR 08 is doing great.

Super Flash
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Super Flash » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Hello There Everyone, 8)

I see that I have a post to respond to from JJ SO Crazy and has some good points:

"The pilot was a perfect example of what I wanted to hear and see! KI2T being an urban legend, Wilton Knight, Michael Knight, resurrecting the foundation and all these little references meant a lot to me. I wished the series incorporated at least a little of this instead of nothing. They could of had an awesome show if after the first episode they show them actually bringing back FLAG, The Foundation, and going through some archived stuff like KI2T's technology lying around, files, old data and missions, pictures, etc. Then this could have been a great way to bring back MK for an episode or two like GST said as a "multiple story arc". I was praying they could of done something like stumble upon KI2T by accident and something happened and him explaining how him and MK split up then they try to get in touch or something with MK. I mean imagine the possibilities, it would have been much better than this damn KITT Cave." :kitt:

What is wrong with the KITT Cave? I liked it and thought is was fine. Certainly better then airplane used in Team Knight Rider as the headquarters. I liked the who show and while rewatching the pilot episode noticed all of the above refences and so forth. Knight Two Thousand was in pieces in the pilot. It seemed to me that series was different then the pilot movie. Not much connection to the original Knight Rider series except for the episode where Mike Traceur gets shot and is supposed to be dead like his father and in the end of that episode Mike Traceur is discussing a new name and Michael Long is thrown about before setting Michael Knight. Michael Long was the name used in The Original Knight Rider Series and Pilot Episode. From that episode on there was not much of a connection to the original series. :kittconv:

As for this series itself there was more then a lack of a connection to the original Knight Rider that doomed the show. As I stated numerious times before it is kinda of hard to watch the show when it is pre-empted for the President and the holidays. Also, during the pilot episode NBC and Ford heavily promoted the show and during the series run that was not the case. Had NBC promoted the show like they did the pilot then we would not be here discussing the many reasons Knight Rider is appearantly done. The pre-emtions did not help either.

Well, that is it for now and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :D :kittside:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:16 am

JJ socarzy is very true in what he said. The pilot is always the best for me. GST took the Idea of Knight Rider to a new direction which is very wrong. Knight Rider and KITT will never be as the Fast and Furious. its too late now and NBC didnt go for another season and never know if they ever will.
I am realy sad that we lost KR after waiting all those years Image :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Knight007 wrote:JJ socarzy is very true in what he said. The pilot is always the best for me. GST took the Idea of Knight Rider to a new direction which is very wrong. Knight Rider and KITT will never be as the Fast and Furious. its too late now and NBC didnt go for another season and never know if they ever will.
I am realy sad that we lost KR after waiting all those years Image :kitt:
Well it's over now and that's all she sang as they say... :(