The cars that killed Pontiac

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

The cars that killed Pontiac

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:13 am

I found this while surfing through the news. It makes no mention of the 82 Trans Am as being iconic.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/aut ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:karr:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: The cars that killed Pontiac

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Good thing they didn't say the 6000 was one of them. I do agree the GTO rebadged like that was a HUGE disappointment!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:35 am

I dont understand. they said Firebirds were made famous by "Burt Reynolds"!!!! I agree this was great, but give me a break, what about Knight Rider?????? every where I go, when ever Pontiac or Firebird is mentioned, Knight Rider comes to mind. so why only mention Burt???? Image :kitt:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Smokey and the Bandit was a very popular movie when it came out so yeah, it is what made the Firebird/Trans-Am famous. It also predates Knight Rider by several years.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

2K&3KKITT
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:16 am

I have to admitt, Smokey and the Bandit really did bring out the firebird, but Knight Rider added so much to it. There is a song out that I just heard today in fact called "19 Something." It talks about the 70s and 80s and it mentions black trans ams and everytime I hear that part, Kitt comes to mind for me. Knight Rider hasn't been forgotten about but the Bandit I am sorry to say did start the whole trend with Pontiac.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aussie muscle
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by aussie muscle » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:11 am

Sad part is, people were just starting to find out how good the G8 really is.