Universal Announce Knight Rider: Season 1 on DVD!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Universal Announce Knight Rider: Season 1 on DVD!

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue May 19, 2009 6:23 am

TVShowsonDVD.com have got the scoop on the release date of the Region 1 set, as Universal Home Video have announced that it will retail from 28th July, 2009!

Special features seem to be identical to the Region 2 version, including featurettes The Icon Reborn, K.I.T.T. - From 2000 to 3000 and Knight Rider - Legacy, and the commentary track for the pilot episode with Justin Bruening, Deanna Russo and Executive Producer Dave Bartis seems to have been ported over from the earlier Suncoast release of the TV movie. The collection will be a 4-DVD set running approximately 802 minutes, presented in anamorphic widescreen video. Audio is English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, and English subtitles will also be provided.

Package art isn't available yet, but TVShowsonDVD have revealed the studio description of this release:

"An iconic TV classic is back and better than ever in the reinvented, updated, and super-charged Knight Rider Season One. From executive producers Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity franchise), David Bartis (The O.C.) and Glen Larson (Battlestar Galactica) comes this action-packed series about the coolest car ever created, K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Three Thousand), that's equipped with artificial intelligence capable of hacking into any computer, the weapons system of a jet fighter, and incredible custom body technology that allows it to transform into other vehicles. Relive every Season One episode as an elite team of crime-fighters work with K.I.T.T. to track down elusive, high-tech villains. You won't want to miss this fast-paced ride to the wild side!"

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Knight ... on-1/11908" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DLAspider
Rookie

Re: Universal Announce Knight Rider: Season 1 on DVD!

Post by DLAspider » Tue May 19, 2009 1:48 pm

I wonder if there's a chance of a Blu-ray release...

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Universal Announce Knight Rider: Season 1 on DVD!

Post by Sue » Tue May 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Someone already beat ya to it Paul. :D
viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=14561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But like I said in the other thread. I'm wondering if they are using the info from their old post for what's on the disk. Seeing as they don't have the cover art yet it doesn't sound like nbc released that yet. But I could be wrong. Guess I'm just wary of trusting them now.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.