UK get Knight Rider 08 - 4 Disc DVD in September!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DaveR
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

UK get Knight Rider 08 - 4 Disc DVD in September!

Post by DaveR » Thu May 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Hi

I've been lurking on these Forums from the UK for years, but having had a quick look round the site I couldn't find this news any where else so I thought I'd take the plunge with my first posting...

I recieved an e-mail from http://www.Play.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; today announcing that Knight Rider: Season 1 (2008) (4 Disc) was now available to Pre-order on their site! - They claim it is due for release on 14th September 2009!

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/9732591/ ... oduct.html#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems quite strange that us Knight Rider fans in the UK are going to get the whole series on DVD before the US, but I'm not complaining!

I see that the show is getting a lot of collumn inches in the UK Press, some good, some bad - The repeat of the Pilot on Sci-Fi today (Thursday) was listed as "Best Drama" in the Free "London Lite" paper tonight...

So come on NBC I think the UK want season 2 - and we've only seen the Pilot so far!!!!

Dave

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Re: UK get Knight Rider 08 - 4 Disc DVD in September!

Post by trissybabes » Fri May 15, 2009 4:41 am

Awesome!

and only £25 too - quite a little bargain. I never like to wish the summer away, but roll on September!

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Fri May 15, 2009 8:51 am

Yep, already ordered this baby :) And unlike with Amazon, Play.com doesn't allow pre-orders until they have solid dates available, so we can pretty much trust this release date. I still have the U.S. version on order too (even though I don't have Region 1 DVD player).

BTW, has anyone noticed anywhere if there will be a BlueRay release? When BlueRay was announced I (half joking) told my friend I won't upgrade to BlueRay until Knight Rider ships on those :)
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri May 15, 2009 11:15 am

I'm pretty sure Shapeshifter said he had spoke to one of the KR producers and they confirmed the DVD release but had no plans to release it on Blu Ray. I would post a link to that thread but I cant seem to find it.

I really do hope they change their minds seeing as the series was filmed in HD, perhaps they will if there is a big enough demand for it.

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Sat May 16, 2009 4:47 am

I don't know to pre-order DVD from Amazon.co.uk or not, i'm hoping for Blu-Ray, if there would be a Blu-Ray release, i would be pre-ordered it already.

choccy
Volunteer

Post by choccy » Sat May 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Great news that dvd set is coming.

The show if allowed can only get better which is great news for us all!

BTW, this is my first post since > May 13, 2005 10:36 pm < thats just waaaaay to long!

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon May 18, 2009 11:17 am

Radicalas wrote:I don't know to pre-order DVD from Amazon.co.uk or not, i'm hoping for Blu-Ray, if there would be a Blu-Ray release, i would be pre-ordered it already.
I just looked on Amazon.

It say"Knight Rider David Hasselhoff" :lol: :lol: well tecnicaly yes but only a few minutes..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knight-Rider-Se ... 863&sr=8-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;