An Interesting Development

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: An Interesting Development

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:01 am

Still no official confirmation of anything (in fact, far from it), but I'd say this is the most solid evidence of anything we've heard so far for a possible Season 2.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

standgeo
Volunteer

Post by standgeo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:50 am

This is a good thing to hear. Let's hope they keep Justin for a 2nd season.That is what we all want. But even if this does not happen, something i wouldn't like to see, at least Justin's job is recognized from NBC.
We all have to wait until 5/5/09 to really know what's going on. I personally believe this show has a lot to give.It would be unfair to cancel it now. Hope to hear good news soon!!

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:26 pm

I think you guys are missing the point raised. Justin has money in the bank from NBC to retain his services. None of the other actors were given the same opportunity. Since we know that Paul has gone off and shot that No Heroics pilot, it might make sense to assume that Deanna and Smith also went to look for other work as well, while still being "retained" if a 2nd season happens.

But Justin now has a deal in place, that says that no matter what, NBC is interested in keeping him in the network stable. He'd either stay with KR, if it gets #2 season, or some other developmental deal for another series on NBC. 5/5 comes soon enough. :?

I don't see them retooling KR for a 4th time, do you? One where it's just Mike and KI3T, with them bringing in completely different supporting actors? This would mean that Billy and Zoe and Sarah would join Mike's friend from the pilot (as well as Carrie and Torres and Charles) in the "Knight Rider: Where Are They Now?" afterschool special.

And can we please stop wanting to see MKsr. and KI2T come to save the day/series? This show should be able to stand on it's own 4 wheels, instead of relying on the crutch/marketing ploy that would bring. Look how well that worked for us with KARR.

If there was a 2nd season, let Dave Andron run the show, and leave GST to be fast and furious. We all liked the last 5 eps, and even though GST directed one, Dave's contributions were closer to the mark left by KI2T's tires...

Dakdude3
Stranger

Post by Dakdude3 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Well according to Deanna Russo on her Twitter page she basically said that they still don't know about Knight Rider and she will keep people informed. This what she wrote

Guys, I promise you. As soon as I hear anything about KR, I will tweet about it. Cross my heart.

Charlie Brown
Recruit

Post by Charlie Brown » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:00 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:...Since we know that Paul has gone off and shot that No Heroics pilot, it might make sense to assume that Deanna and Smith also went to look for other work as well, while still being "retained" if a 2nd season happens...
I saw Smith Cho in a few commercials for an investment company. Fidelity, I think? She and her "hubby" were in bed, discussing their retirement before turning off the lights. A green arrow (Fidelity's symbol?) was flying around them.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:37 pm

NN11 wrote:maybe they want the "one man can make a difference" slogan
to make more sense for kr08 season 2
I'm with you there!

Joe

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:58 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:And can we please stop wanting to see MKsr. and KI2T come to save the day/series? This show should be able to stand on it's own 4 wheels, instead of relying on the crutch/marketing ploy that would bring. Look how well that worked for us with KARR.

If there was a 2nd season, let Dave Andron run the show, and leave GST to be fast and furious. We all liked the last 5 eps, and even though GST directed one, Dave's contributions were closer to the mark left by KI2T's tires...
Who's asking for Season 5? Of course the show should be able to stand on its own. I think it finally has. Justin and K.I.3.T. are it's main stars and I don't think anyone will seriously argue that they shouldn't be. Out of all the complaints during the first season, did anyone really complain about Justin or Val's performance? No.

The only reason I've been vocal about Hasselhoff is it just seemed foolish to ignore the interest out there for a guest appearance, especially when he was up for it. I wasn't suggesting he and William Daniels move in and crash the party each week (like that would ever happen anyway), but a well-developed, non KARR-type marketing ploy / 2 minute cemetery conversation episode, full of KR mythology and Justin and K.I.3.T. fully engaged, would have electrified the fan base and attracted curious viewers at a time when it was needed.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:12 am

I agree it was a totally missed situation.

I don't think it's a season 5 of TOS that people want. I think they want to see DH come back as Devon...which really makes sense. BUT DH's not going to come back unless the bank of NBC drops 2 or 3 Brink's trucks in his backyard, so he can swim in the money.

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:53 am

I think its the nostaliga thing thats making people want KI2T and David back on the show, we all like to look back into the past an remember how it was and how good it was, unfortunately the brain tends to edit out the bad stuff.

Yes KR08 needs to build on its basic premise 'One Man Can Make a Diffrence' but adapted to the modern world not tied down into its own continuity. Too much of David would just have the general public looking at the show in the wrong light.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Mad Max Smart
Volunteer

Post by Mad Max Smart » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:52 am

OK peeps,
On the MKsnr Devon role front.
I've had the idea in my head for ages that they could bring him back in this type of role but things start going bad within Knight Industries and by the mid series you find out it's Garth not MKsnr, from there on in MKjnr is trying to find where Garth has hidden MKsnr. obviously while solving the weekly one man can make a difference story lines.

On the Justin front.
Good news if they've picked up his services. I think it may have something to do with his 'I want a burger!' rant. :lol:

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:13 am

one slight problem with that...

In TOS,Garthe is dead. (and as far as we know, no children(since he was rotting in jail), but one never knows...hmmm)

Now here's the tricky (sloppy, messy) part. They have acknowledged FLAG and Wilton Knight's Existence. We know that Michael Knight existed, and KI2T did too. But not the 82 KARR (see my previous posts on KARR's existence). So they've once again screwed the pooch to prevent even Garth making any appearances.

I'd love to see how they would explain Garth, if they tried to insert him into the version of KR.

NN11
Operative

Post by NN11 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:16 am

in season 2 of TOS episode 18-19 (goliath returns)
Goliath and garth crashed from a cliff and both went down into the sea
there was no explosion
garth may have swim his way out the truck
i will make sense if he appears to be alive

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:00 pm

Yep never show the bad guy dying then you can bring them back. Compare this with Cancer Man in X-Files.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Or the good guys like a certain silver haired inventor...

=VK=
:dash:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:33 pm

DH does not need to pull a Devon type role if he is ever to return. I really hope that doesn't happen.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:17 am

I dont know what to think. Is it cancelled, is it not!!! NBC will tell the new shows on May right? we are almost there, cant they tell us now and finish it???? Image :kitt:

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:34 am

Victor Kros wrote:Or the good guys like a certain silver haired inventor...

=VK=
:dash:
hmmmm...could be...interesting!

but i did think first of WK, not CG... ;)

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:37 am

Knight007 wrote:I dont know what to think. Is it cancelled, is it not!!! NBC will tell the new shows on May right? we are almost there, cant they tell us now and finish it???? Image :kitt:
Do you want to be put out of your misery now? Waiting is what it's all about. It's coming soon enough.

Remember, Backup Plans Suck!

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:41 pm

KnightINSTINCT wrote:DH does not need to pull a Devon type role if he is ever to return. I really hope that doesn't happen.
why?
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:01 pm

NN11 wrote:in season 2 of TOS episode 18-19 (goliath returns)
there was no explosion
He wasn't wearing a seat belt so he would have smashed him his face/head into the windshield, steering wheel or roof, probably knocking himself out at the very least or possibly breaking his neck from the impact. Opening a door while underwater isn't exactly easy, though I guess if he opened the window a bit to equalize pressure it might work, if the windows were able to open but again he'd more than likely be knocked out if not worse from the impact. Of course he couldn't break a window since you know, it was nearly indestructible. Another more likely possibility would be he (maybe Adrianne also) suffocated due to a lack of oxygen. Either way, while Hasselhoff now wouldn't be needed for Garthe, there's really no reason to bring him back. What's really annoying is how it was never addressed and it seems like FLAG never bothered to recover anything, lazy bastards.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:46 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
NN11 wrote:in season 2 of TOS episode 18-19 (goliath returns)
there was no explosion
He wasn't wearing a seat belt so he would have smashed him his face/head into the windshield, steering wheel or roof, probably knocking himself out at the very least or possibly breaking his neck from the impact. Opening a door while underwater isn't exactly easy, though I guess if he opened the window a bit to equalize pressure it might work, if the windows were able to open but again he'd more than likely be knocked out if not worse from the impact. Of course he couldn't break a window since you know, it was nearly indestructible. Another more likely possibility would be he (maybe Adrianne also) suffocated due to a lack of oxygen. Either way, while Hasselhoff now wouldn't be needed for Garthe, there's really no reason to bring him back. What's really annoying is how it was never addressed and it seems like FLAG never bothered to recover anything, lazy bastards.
As a favorite teacher of mine loves to say...

"I couldn't have paid you more to say that!"

Thanks ZERO! :good:

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:44 am

About DH coming back as a "devon" type figure, I'm wondering whether the writers effectively killed the whole concept of Mike Traceur being MKsr's son in the beginning of Knight and the City. The reason MKjr was going to Sonny's bar was because that's where "my dad took me there for my first beer." Sarah continued the sentence "...and his dad took him for his..." So unless MKjr (when he was still Mike Traceur) got to know MKsr at some point, instead of being raised by a single mom (Jennifer Traceur), it sounded like the writers put yet more distance between KR08 and the pilot.

If they do get a season 2, which I sincerely hope for, they REALLY need to get new writers.
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:50 am

In fact, they should change the opening, and make it more similar to the *concept* of the original (which, as we all remember, had a lone car driving along the desert). Doing that at least at the beginning and the end of the opening (with other cool graphics in between), may not only satisfy the nostaligic fans, but also emphasize the "loner" concept that is inherent to KR.
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:56 am

FLAGCEO wrote:About DH coming back as a "devon" type figure, I'm wondering whether the writers effectively killed the whole concept of Mike Traceur being MKsr's son in the beginning of Knight and the City. The reason MKjr was going to Sonny's bar was because that's where "my dad took me there for my first beer." Sarah continued the sentence "...and his dad took him for his..." So unless MKjr (when he was still Mike Traceur) got to know MKsr at some point, instead of being raised by a single mom (Jennifer Traceur), it sounded like the writers put yet more distance between KR08 and the pilot.

If they do get a season 2, which I sincerely hope for, they REALLY need to get new writers.
I always thought Mike was referring to Charles in that sentence, since Charles was like a dad to Mike growing up...
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Yeah, some reason it's been brought up many times, in multiple topics including the episode discussion one. Mike was talking to Sarah at the time and said "your father" in reference to Charles.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: